Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I don't think I can ever change from light melee after ripping apart an abductor limb by limb in no time flat.

Also PSN: Alzam22

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Last update for the night. Goodnight, sinners!

Freedom Wars PSN List:

Alzam22
batmadtas
Clessasaur
Danthe57
DeathShiki
dungeon_shaker
Filetofish43
Gearboxclock
Jazz_Jeager
JohnnyJoestar
Lavastine
mcmotu
mrEkli
PolypPaul
Presidentor
Pyreson
Selic_LL
Static_Rook
Super_Aggro_Crag

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Updated the OP slightly, please post about what else you think should be included.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

Tepplen
Jan 9, 2012

Words of Friendship!
I guess this is a thing we are doing now, I'm ok with this.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Gravy train I guess.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Ugh, gently caress this Code 4 exam. First time I had to restart before I lost all sustainability.

Not hard, just obnoxious with the never ending spawn of sinners with rocket launchers loving things up at the worst possible times.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Mewnie posted:

Ugh, gently caress this Code 4 exam. First time I had to restart before I lost all sustainability.

Not hard, just obnoxious with the never ending spawn of sinners with rocket launchers loving things up at the worst possible times.

I resorted to doing that one online to get past it.

Mr. Sunabouzu
Nov 13, 2009

The face of true terror.
Just finished giving the game a try on a pstv. I really prefer how it plays with a controller (using the sprinter layout) to a vita. Makes manually aiming thorns and guns a bit easier.

Also I seemed to have picked up a weird variant on the Katze model of assault rifle. Its white and blue and does like 540 damage and I do not know where the hell I picked it up. Does the game just spawn rare versions of models or is this thing a reward for something?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Mr. Sunabouzu posted:

Just finished giving the game a try on a pstv. I really prefer how it plays with a controller (using the sprinter layout) to a vita. Makes manually aiming thorns and guns a bit easier.

Also I seemed to have picked up a weird variant on the Katze model of assault rifle. Its white and blue and does like 540 damage and I do not know where the hell I picked it up. Does the game just spawn rare versions of models or is this thing a reward for something?

That's a special advanced Katze with an ice element. You normally get one by upgrading a Katze to Level 5 then choosing to advance it to a new class of Katze (stagger, fire, ice, electric, Will'O) but sometimes you can find advanced weapons as drops.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Mr. Sunabouzu posted:

You or your accessory picked it up from a dead enemy somewhere most likely. What's the rarity level? Check out how many slots it has for modules, too. It's page 3 of the weapon details. If it's higher rarity, the weapon should have way more slots.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
That one is actually a special reward for clearing the first Ramosa class fight (during the Retribution) without losing sustainability. Thing fuckin' owns, I still use it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Holy poo poo, 6-5 just doesn't end does it? They weren't kidding when they say that there's no intel on the discretionary ops, because that drat thing took half an hour. The intel just says "Destroy Heat- and Cold-Resistant Bipeds" so I jump in and hey it's two Centaur abductors, that's weird, so I kill them after like 10 minutes and then this Electric biped shows up, kill that in like 5-6, still not over, then finally these two fully-loaded shielded bipeds show up on top of us and its another 13 minutes to get them both down. First 4 star ranking I've ever got.

I'm convinced that those head laser cannons are the worst part of an Abductor to try and carve off. The hit box for the Thorn is so small and locking onto it doesn't seem to help, I have to hit it just below the collarbone from either the front or the back but if I go too high then I end up just hanging off the head and too low I end up carving the pod. The drat cannon is like the most powerful weapon they have too, because of the insane 180 explosion move and the rapid fire beams.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

gently caress that code-3 mission in the sandstorm version of the desert. Goddamn quadruped just leaping everywhere and the saw blades are a pain in the rear end.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

Gravy train I guess.

I wanted to do roger smith and Dorothy but there's no dress :(

Gabby_Jay
Dec 14, 2000

Gör som vi
Till denna melodi

Policenaut posted:

I'm convinced that those head laser cannons are the worst part of an Abductor to try and carve off. The hit box for the Thorn is so small and locking onto it doesn't seem to help, I have to hit it just below the collarbone from either the front or the back but if I go too high then I end up just hanging off the head and too low I end up carving the pod. The drat cannon is like the most powerful weapon they have too, because of the insane 180 explosion move and the rapid fire beams.

The back of the neck seems to be the sweet spot to get the Sever prompt from my experience. Pull him to the ground first because hitting it while it's on the move is almost impossible.

I got to code8 today thanks to some goon help. What a weird point to have an "ending".

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Woah dang Augments are worth a lot for donating

Arro
Mar 31, 2010

Armor-Piercing posted:

Any tips for completing mission 7-5? Those chains are kind of ridiculous, especially when everyone gets sucked into a single location and they just keep running you over as soon as you get up. I know you break the sections of the main body to keep the chains from respawning, but I only managed to get one off before running out of lives.

Biggest tip for the chains is to bring a lot of flash grenades, there are more that spawn in the area, also set your ai to suppress personal they should then start targeting the chains a lot more. If people still have issues with the fight jumping onto the irc channel and asking for a hand is a safe bet, I am usually on during AEST times.

Also a tip for getting to the abductors head sever point. Getting above the abductor either by terrain or jump latching onto its head and jumping from their usually gets me into the right spot to start severing.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Emalde posted:

Updated the OP slightly, please post about what else you think should be included.

"lowest possible starting attack value" I have no idea what that means. The power level? The element values? Also, what does lowest possible mean? How do i tell what's low and what isn't? That japanese spreadsheet is singularly unhelpful.

"gives your team members an attack boost while attached", i think i read that it gives a boost to buddy dragdowns, not attack.

Then the OP could, as i mentioned earlier, also contain a list of miscellaneous hints about non-obvious things, like the "suppress personnel" command.

Otherwise, really good OP, it even answered some questions for me, for example i had no clue that modifying weapons also increases their stats. :)

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Arro posted:

Biggest tip for the chains is to bring a lot of flash grenades, there are more that spawn in the area, also set your ai to suppress personal they should then start targeting the chains a lot more. If people still have issues with the fight jumping onto the irc channel and asking for a hand is a safe bet, I am usually on during AEST times.

Also a tip for getting to the abductors head sever point. Getting above the abductor either by terrain or jump latching onto its head and jumping from their usually gets me into the right spot to start severing.
I managed to finish it last night after looking at a youtube video of someone else doing it. Take an assault rifle and missile launcher, use the AR to take out the three shields right away. Then, as often as you can and have ammo, grapple up to the giant ball and use the AR on it point-blank. Use missiles when you're out of AR ammo, and when the chains start to be more of a pain run into the shelter and hit them with more missiles (bringing AMMO packs helps) then go straight back to AR on the ball.

The first couple times I tried it I was going about it like I do with abductors, trying to break all the parts, and I was getting one or maybe two of the boxes broken before the chains just overwhelmed me. I probably lost out on some components this way, but now that I can try it again without having to also redo 7-3 and 7-4 I'll probably go back for some.

Also, the Last Leg augmentation is super handy. A lot of times when I've been knocked out I end up dying right as someone is trying to revive me. The augmentation takes 3 points, I think, but it boosts the time limit from ~5 seconds to ~10, which really helps you conserve Sustainability. Especially when chains keep ramming into everyone trying to revive you.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

God drat the difficulty of the optional missions shot up tremendously for CODE 6.

Tells me 2 Abductors which is easy, and then it becomes 3, then 5.

And all but one of them had shield generators. :gonk:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Count Bleck posted:

God drat the difficulty of the optional missions shot up tremendously for CODE 6.

Tells me 2 Abductors which is easy, and then it becomes 3, then 5.

And all but one of them had shield generators. :gonk:

SO MANY ABDUCTORS

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice

Static Rook posted:

Last update for the night. Goodnight, sinners!

Freedom Wars PSN List:

Alzam22
batmadtas
Clessasaur
Danthe57
DeathShiki
dungeon_shaker
Filetofish43
Gearboxclock
Jazz_Jeager
JohnnyJoestar
Lavastine
mcmotu
mrEkli
PolypPaul
Presidentor
Pyreson
Selic_LL
Static_Rook
Super_Aggro_Crag

Add me to the list!
PSN: Kwosge
In as: Creen Bread

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Did they really have to put 3 identical huge cell blocks with long loading times between them on each level?

By the way,

PSN: gustavonerdz

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

nerdz posted:

Did they really have to put 3 identical huge cell blocks with long loading times between them on each level?

By the way,

PSN: gustavonerdz

Fast travel entitlement.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
Hey, how do I use the quick travel permit? I have it but I don't see any options to make use of it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Just hit Square to enter the map and you'll have the option to just pick a location and go there with X.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
Oh, right, I can't use it in the cell because I need a permit to travel at all first. Okay. Makes sense.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
So, this game is actually pretty good. Admittedly, it's my first Monster Hunter clone, so it's a bit of a novelty. Still on Code 2 and been playing really intermittently. PSN is Delusi, and do send a message that you're a Goon otherwise I'll probably bin your request.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Updated Goon list for all your sinner needs:

code:
SA Freedom Wars PSN list:

Alzam22
batmadtas
Clessasaur
Danthe57
DeathShiki
Delusi
dungeon_shaker
Filetofish43
Gearboxclock
gustavonerdz
Jazz_Jeager
JohnnyJoestar
Kwosge
Lavastine
mcmotu
mrEkli
PolypPaul
Presidentor
Pyreson
Selic_LL
Static_Rook
Super_Aggro_Crag

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Just about burnt through all my resources and I haven't managed to manufacture a single rarity 8 weapon. (Yes, I am using level 8 weapons facilities.)

My PSN name is ValerianK

Edit: Anyone know of a good mission to grind for manufacturing components?

Armor-Piercing fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Nov 2, 2014

Namaste
May 5, 2007
good news for people who love bald news
At what CODE level do you get to customize your Accessory?

I've spent more time in the character customization than the actual hunting part of the game, so far. :downs:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Namaste posted:

At what CODE level do you get to customize your Accessory?

I've spent more time in the character customization than the actual hunting part of the game, so far. :downs:

CODE 4 I believe. They can use all the same stuff you unlocked so if you want different outfits and colors, get donating!

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I was so anxious to find out if this game had shotguns. Crafted a Barbara's Easy Blaster that has almost 800 atk at level 4. Nothing survives a burst at code 3 and it has pretty good range and accuracy for a shotgunny weapon.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
What's a good mission to grind for panopticon donations? I just got to CODE 4, mind you.

Penis Vanguard
Mar 5, 2014
I thought I was past all the "run all over the place without doing missions" bullshit but then the game makes me run back and forth like 6 times and then do 3 "sneak through the cell garden" sections in a row ahhhh!!!!!!!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Holy poo poo gently caress Sinners with machine guns. This discretionary 6-6 mission would be a million times easier if I didn't have to worry about these assholes spawning in every minute with guns that mow my team mates down, and then they always choose to spawn at the furthest spawn point and run the longest way back through the spawn areas for the bad guys so they die en route to the giant spider like half the time.

On the plus side, I've learned how to fight the spiders without them flipping the gently caress out. Turns out you don't wanna cut their head off, because Jesus Christ do they not like that. Web shooters, missile legs, then head.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
All 3 CODE 6 extra missions are a frustrating loving nightmare and is where I stopped last night before I popped a blood vessel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Penis Vanguard posted:

I thought I was past all the "run all over the place without doing missions" bullshit but then the game makes me run back and forth like 6 times and then do 3 "sneak through the cell garden" sections in a row ahhhh!!!!!!!

Code 7-8 is probably the worst in the game. It's definitely more annoying than the bit in Code 3-4 before you get Quick Travel.

• Locked thread