Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is R-Truth on Cena's team?
This poll is closed.
yes 16 8.51%
:ortiz: 172 91.49%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Cyron posted:

I may try to watch new japan, what was that link you send, or i can just google it. i watch it after work.

Here's a link to watch their last major show headlined by a big title match (AJ Styles vs Hiroshi Tanahashi).

I have a playlist from Saturday's show featuring a lot of US indie talent up in http://www.psp-tv.com/r/konesaar. Here's a link to a critically acclaimed title match from Spring 2013 (Tanahashi vs Okada) that won the Wreslting Observer Award for Match of the Year and is my personal favorite match of all time.

Here's links to a four part guide from this summer written as an introduction to the company that's still pretty current.
Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4

If anyone has further questions about NJPW, please ask them in the New Japan Thread so I don't further poo poo up this thread with endless blather about a different company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Raw loving sucked. Was terrible. Was rear end. Whoever wrote it should feel bad. I hated everything story-related about it. gently caress the lack of Ambrose. Cena/Rollins was good but gently caress forever that promo Cena cut almost literally saying he'd bury the future. gently caress that Wyatt promo, I like Bray but that was totally phoned in. gently caress that ending that made no sense,

gently caress you, WWE. Just gently caress you.

:rip: Positivity Patrol 10/27/14

Welcome to Cynical Squad, Foochsy :hfive: here's your free Yes Movement sticker, they were on clearance

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Rhonne posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rXDu76rfe8

The Miku World Order is taking over!

oh yeah I should've linked it

to be fair it is a really good edit

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Welcome to Cynical Squad, Foochsy :hfive: here's your free Yes Movement sticker, they were on clearance

The Cynical World Organization is growing, brother, and there's not a thing anyone can do to stop us, Jack!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Thauros posted:

It's not always easy, especially when two top guys and one entertaining midcarder are injured and the champ isn't here most of the time. But there's no loving good reason for the stretch of poorly booked bland shows they're on either. I know I can be the annoying NJPW shill at times, but it's not like I'm unwilling to give WWE props when I feel they deserve it. Hell, I honestly thought WM XXX was slightly better than WK 8 and I'm not even as huge on Bryan as a lot of the forum.

This is by far the most apathetic I've felt about the product since I started watching wrestling regularly again in 2010. I've watched one complete Raw over the last month (fortunately that happened to be the one where Rock showed up), and I'm really skeptical that I'll feel the desire to watch regularly again until the Rumble unless they really start to turn things around.

Maybe I should give NXT another try since NJPW doesn't run weekly and it's only an hour long.
Personally I think things have gotten better around TLC, but definitely by Royal Rumble things should be good (I hope)

kidcoelacanth posted:

The key is to just lower your standards immensely and then when good things happen it's even better! It worked for me :toot:
Just like how I handled my thoughts after every test in my life

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Rhonne posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rXDu76rfe8

The Miku World Order is taking over!

Not even into that Hatsune Miku stuff but I wish this had happened.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Btw, as much as I went bonkers all the rasslin' on that show was real cool so there's that.

That's the funny thing about the WWE right now. The traditional knock on them from hardcore fans is that the actual wrestling's poo poo and that they focus too much on the entertainment end.

The actual wrestling's fine right now and even with all the injuries they still have a ton of guys who can work. It's just that they've been horrible at giving me any reason to care about their matches even if they're ok from a workrate perspective.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

keevo posted:

Bray Wyatt's new gimmick is that he's a huge otaku nerd who's accompanied to the ring by a Miku hologram. He uses giant foam anime swords instead of kendo sticks.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 10 days!)

I really liked Raw and am excited to see where it is going!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Thauros posted:

That's the funny thing about the WWE right now. The traditional knock on them from hardcore fans is that the actual wrestling's poo poo and that they focus too much on the entertainment end.

The actual wrestling's fine right now and even with all the injuries they still have a ton of guys who can work. It's just that they've been horrible at giving me any reason to care about their matches even if they're ok from a workrate perspective.

100% accurate amigo. Top to bottom I seriously think this is my favorite era wrestling-wise since becoming a regular fan in late '98. But gently caress, the booking. Just....AAAARGH.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I do this already, how else could I be so happy most of the time?

That Raw made me wish I was watching Impact instead. Yes, that is a thing I just typed.

I get ya. Makes you feel any better most of us feel the same. I've watched way too much TNA for my own mental health. There was a year or two I was watching more TNA than WWE. That is embarrassing as gently caress to admit. As much as they dropped the ball remember last year when Show was bypassing D-Bry for another title run? I don't want to echo that meme but at least we have Ryback, Dust Brothers, Rusev, Ziggler, Ambrose, "Thats what I do!" not to mention returning red hot BnB, D-Bry and Pax Romana. Cena, Vince and Dunn can only gently caress up so much. Oh dread lord cthulhu, I sound like a battered wife. And I still watch Impact.
:emo:

Ragnarok the Red posted:

edit:

SamuraiFoochs posted:

100% accurate amigo. Top to bottom I seriously think this is my favorite era wrestling-wise since becoming a regular fan in late '98. But gently caress, the booking. Just....AAAARGH.

drat. You just put it perfectly again.

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Oct 28, 2014

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm glad Ryback is back as a face. Push him to the moon.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
WWE is cool and is giving me exactly what I want:

- ghosts
- fat guys in hats
- a rabbit
- russia
- friendless people
- john

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Still on the positivity patrol, can't stop wont stop.

apparently people who watch njpw cant read because this isn't the njpw thread

the raw was enjoyable and dean's promo was about how bray dare come into his yard and take from him so idk foochs just needs his warm milk and a nap tonight.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Xenoletum posted:

me too :hfive:

I saw :killdozer:, you can't make me hate RAW

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Xenoletum posted:

apparently people who watch njpw cant read because this isn't the njpw thread

the raw was enjoyable and dean's promo was about how bray dare come into his yard and take from him so idk foochs just needs his warm milk and a nap tonight.

Yes, and then Bray proceeds to cut a generic-rear end promo about wanting to corrupt Dean or whatever. If Dean completely and utterly laughs it off and says Bray can't drive a man insane when he already is or something similar I will retract this particular part of the criticism.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm glad Ryback is back as a face. Push him to the moon.

what does this mean for rybaxel

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Definitely happy to see The Big Guy back. Not happy that The Beast isn't around to suplex anybody though. He should suplex both teams at Survivor Series into oblivion to a standing ovation from the crowd.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Stallion Cabana posted:

me too :hfive:

I saw :killdozer:, you can't make me hate RAW
Make that 3, while I understand the criticisms and probably should agree with most it and accept becoming pessimistic the fact of the matter is I have nothing better to do on Monday night.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Truthfully the part that really gets me is that Cena promo, mostly because A you know Vince actually thinks this and B if he actually wanted to, Cena could, y'know, not bury people. I was there for the Reign Of Doom. Cena has done more to bury guys, whether directly or indirectly, than HHH ever has, only without the racism, to Cena's credit. Not because Cena's a bad guy necessarily, but because he'll do WHATEVER Vince asks him to. It's really a shame, because he can be so great.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

On the one hand, The Big Guy. On the other, an explicit acknowledgment of the obvious fact that John Cena is attempting to murder wrestling, and will likely succeed within 18 months.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Cardboard Box posted:

what does this mean for rybaxel

Face Rybaxel.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
What's this meta anti-wrestling promo Cena is supposed to have given?

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
Good main event, glad Dolph got an actual win, Orton is heading towards interesting again, THE BIG GUY.

But I still rather disliked this Raw, and I'm thinking Survivor Series is going to be on-par with last year. More "Cena Show" than Raw has been in ages. And sorry but despite Dean's best efforts on that promo this was actually an underwhelming (at best) beginning to Bray/Dean.

I know WWE is going safe because of Network numbers, but, I don't have to like it!!

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Dimebags Brain posted:

Face Rybaxel.

i would actually bet that rybaxel is just quietly done with

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

AngryCaterpillar posted:

He said any future of the WWE goes through him and him alone, and that He's The Guy until further notice

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

He said any future of the WWE goes through him and him alone, and that He's The Guy until further notice

Isn't this what bad guys say

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yes, and then Bray proceeds to cut a generic-rear end promo about wanting to corrupt Dean or whatever. If Dean completely and utterly laughs it off and says Bray can't drive a man insane when he already is or something similar I will retract this particular part of the criticism.

Now, I've already forgotten the details since Raw made me black out right around the Cancer Dancers, but I'm pretty sure it was more along the lines of "You're crazy, but you are not my brother. I'm going to break you mentally and make you a clean slate."

So I guess kind of like he was going to do to Kane, if the writers didn't get ADD a week into it.

Awcko
May 26, 2009

Mo' Pushin'

Mo' Problems

AngryCaterpillar posted:

Johnathan is a Bad Man.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

AngryCaterpillar posted:

Yes it is and i look forward to some new guy in NXT answering an open challenge from Cena to anyone in the back and beating him with RUTHLESS AGGRESSION much like Cena couldn't do in his debut against Angle.

The end is the same as the beginning.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Dean Wyatt will be a particularly strange couple of weeks.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Daniel Bryan posted:

Dean Wyatt will be a particularly strange couple of weeks.

but you see it will all be worth it for the pop at the end

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Cardboard Box posted:

but you see it will all be worth it for the pop at the end

oh I see what's going on here

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Ryback after his match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdk1S3ySgLk

Hopefully this doesn't mean he's abandoning his awesome personality for generic WWE Babyface.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I liked Bray's promo because it had really interesting implications for Dean. It could've used a bit more Dean in there, but I'm interested. I guess the Bray bandwagon was derailed once Cena buried him. I still like him quite a bit, and this was a singles feud I'd wanted to see come out of Shield/Wyatts earlier this year but it never happened. If you're not into it, fine, but the sheer vitriol for this is weird.

Also, Ryback Rules.

AngryCaterpillar posted:

Another one of those things where a few people say it, then everyone believes it, then it's standard headcanon forever. Kind of like how I expect everyone to interpret Cesaro losing both falls because omg doghouse.

keevo posted:

It should've been Kreiger-san's anime waifu instead.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dimebags Brain posted:

Ryback after his match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdk1S3ySgLk

Hopefully this doesn't mean he's abandoning his awesome personality for generic WWE Babyface.

I wouldn't say there was anything bad about that because it seemed like Ryback was tapping into something genuine which makes even the most generic material great.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I wouldn't say there was anything bad about that because it seemed like Ryback was tapping into something genuine which makes even the most generic material great.

Yep, dude clearly hated being away and is glad to be back.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Ryback isn't really that good as a face and there's already way too many faces, with Reigns and maybe Bryan soon to be thrown into the pile.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'd be okay with it if it meant Curtis Axel was a reluctant face. Clearly doesn't wanna play by the rules, but if it's for his BFF 4 Life Ryback.

BIG MAN

BIG HANDSHAKES

Big Friendship.:shobon:

But for real, I wouldn't be surprised if the WWE acted as if Axel didn't exist...again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

So who is team cena and who is team authority?

• Locked thread