Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Pierson posted:

Does Blair Witch hold the record for most profit for money spent? BOM says a £60,000 budget and two hundred million in receipts, although obviously it doesn't say what the marketing budget was.

I think Paranormal Activity snatched it, as it was both cheaper to make and made more money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

penismightier posted:

It's got an admirably ballsy concept and wastes no time pissing all over it, which is sort of a fun combo.

It's almost the movie you'd expect Berlinger to make. Almost being the key word, which is why I don't like it as much as TCM 2 and Halloween 3. But it's still good enough.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
You already know what my answer would be, if i had to pick one.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

DeimosRising posted:

I figure he probably means Lake Mungo, if we're including faux-documentary stuff like most people do. I love Blair Witch, but Lake Mungo is my easy favorite, too.

Yep. And of course, the question of "any subsequent movies as good as The Blair Witch Project" has to answer "at what"? Lake Mungo barely resembles BWP and has much more in common with Fire Walk With Me.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
We're all obsessed with The MacPherson Tape instead.

• Locked thread