Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I actually like the sequel, at times better than the first one, it's pretty ingenious and where it not for the terrible soundtrack picks and the studio bickering I think it would be seen differently today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Literally The Worst posted:

Fuckyou man. You know exactly what I meant, don't add being an obtuse rear end in a top hat to being a passive aggressive one, particularly if you're trying to claim some sort of high ground over me.

he's not being passive agressive, just uninterested in responding to you, for whatever reason (that's passive aggressiveness)

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Even in that same specific sub-sub-genre of quasi-occult found footage backwoods horror (including films like Willow Creek and The Blackwater Vampire), the underseen Bigfoot County is at least on par with Blair Witch.

The question is really 'good at what?' at this point, found footage is well beyond just being a subgenre of horror. I'd say The Den, as just one example, is scarier and generally better-made, but it's a completely different film.
Willow Creek is one of the few FF where I don't find myself thinking, who is the editor in this, for the lack of one. The scenes with double-takes give it this raw footage feel, not to mention an insight into the douchy guy's relation to his girlfriend.

Honest Thief fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Nov 6, 2014

• Locked thread