Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

Daniel Bryan posted:

Out comes Dean Ambrose from the crowd but the show is over before they can meet!

This is so stupid. "Welp, RAW's over, even though we hate each other, we can't fight now!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

El Generico posted:

This is so stupid. "Welp, RAW's over, even though we hate each other, we can't fight now!"

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, he means that the cameras would go off while Ambrose is on his way to the ring. Announcers would say We're out of time see you [next week/Friday/on the network/on ]! There would still be a confrontation/dark match in front of the live crowd which is typically how Raw was booked in the 90's.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

BrigadierSensible posted:

With these: does Russo fantasy book based on what has actually happened, or does he continue with what he himself has booked?

For example, for the next one will the United Nations still be a thing? Or will he work off of what the WWE is actually doing?

He goes seemingly fresh each week. It's glorious. Does anyone have the last couple of weeks of Russo booking? (or however long he's been doing this)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Generico posted:

I like this. Its a sell to get to the live shows. If WWE started using the overrun properly again that would be solid, too.

if I was running WWE, I'd keep Russo on as a suggestion guy. His stuff has legs, but he lacks pacing and tends to think his audience is exactly like him.

A heel stable that is a credible threat and isn't headed up by a McMahon is fairly revolutionary. Put together a 4 show plan to put the pieces in play. Avoid the Super Stable. It makes everyone look like geeks.

Sisters involved in vaguely sexual actions towards each other? Pass. Building a Bryan/Cena feud around issues brought on by their significant others? That has sympathy. Avoid the lure to turn it into the He-Man Woman Haters Club. Angling Cena towards a heel by circumstances character fits him perfectly. Keep Brie and Bryan sympathetic.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

coconono posted:

A heel stable that is a credible threat and isn't headed up by a McMahon is fairly revolutionary. Put together a 4 show plan to put the pieces in play. Avoid the Super Stable. It makes everyone look like geeks.

Yeah, heel authority figures are played out but more and smaller stables would be a good thing imo and if booked correctly (:lol: I know) are a great way for wrestlers to use their strengths to help cover a stablemate's flaws.

quote:

Sisters involved in vaguely sexual actions towards each other? Pass. Building a Bryan/Cena feud around issues brought on by their significant others? That has sympathy. Avoid the lure to turn it into the He-Man Woman Haters Club. Angling Cena towards a heel by circumstances character fits him perfectly. Keep Brie and Bryan sympathetic.

100% agreed, but it would be a huge mistake to bring Bryan back before he's ready to wrestle and an even bigger one to put him in a program with Cena months before it could result in a match. He was struggling badly in promos thanks mostly to lovely writing to begin with, don't waste the return pop and risk weakening his character further until he's ready to go in the ring.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Oct 31, 2014

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Russo posted:

My system in booking RAW is going to be as follows: Following every pay-per-view, I am going to lay out a general direction for not only the following night’s RAW, but where I would go leading up to the next pay-per-view. In this case – Hell in a Cell. When I was back booking a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, we would book from PPV to PPV, knowing where we were going month to month, but really building each week in between with as much intrigue as possible.

Heading into the second week of TV, things will then change a bit, as I will try to stay within the storylines and angles that the WWE has laid out, offering an alternative to how I would cover the direction that Creative has already set in place. In other words, I will work within the mainframe and parameters that they have built, and use what is already there to craft the best show possible.
This is is 100% smarter than I'd give him credit for.

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Nov 4, 2014

makoto20
Nov 23, 2006
I like the United Nations thing. Its a cool idea with my favorite guys ( and Sheamus). The only thing I hate about stables is they just turn into a bunch of thugs that are there to overwhelm the faces with superior numbers. They become less than the sum of their parts.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

makoto20 posted:

I like the United Nations thing. Its a cool idea with my favorite guys ( and Sheamus). The only thing I hate about stables is they just turn into a bunch of thugs that are there to overwhelm the faces with superior numbers. They become less than the sum of their parts.

One of the WWE games had a United Kingdom stable that was Sheamus, Drew Macyntire and Wade Barrett and managed by Steven Regal. I thought that would have been awesome. This works too, I guess.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Golden Bee posted:

This is is 100% smarter than I'd give him credit for.

Yeah but then he'd ignore it and just write whatever.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Just realized that Russo booked a guy named Dolph against a British/American/Russian alliance. Dolph is the face.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
This is my first time seeing this thread, did Russo post any other shows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Yuriy posted:

if this is really russo's, it sounds better than most raws that ive seen in the last few years

This. This is how far you've pushed us, WWE. We're willing to accept Russo again.

e: Let Rusev book Raw instead. Vince Rusev.

• Locked thread