Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

All aboard the Prince Puma train

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

*monkey paw curls*
There's a heel authority figure.

I can't wait to be sick of Konnan

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

BigRed0427 posted:

What is the difference between AAA and CMLL? Why is everyone dreading this?

The initial reports about it were that it was like wrestling power rangers but all i've seen from the previews is indie wrestlers having indie matches so I'm actually kinda excited for it

Spermgod posted:

please watch cmll instead of this
nobody is watching this because they want to get in to lucha

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the intro is hilarious i love it

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

KNOX

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

this match is bad and the editing makes it look even worse

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

El Rey is a horrible network

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

son of Havok is Matt Cross i think??

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

BigRed0427 posted:

Really? Sexy Star?

she's not very good and she's probably going to have a bad match with that guy that flips

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

these segment are loving hilarious

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

indie standoff

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

bull poo poo

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the production is terrible but this is fun and stupid and i'll be here next week

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

It's a pretty stupid show with a solid main event and the promise of getting even stupider in the coming weeks. It's only an hour long so it won't be much of a time investment to figure out if it's your kind of dumb.

can't believe wwe passed on Prince Puma

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

I love dumb wrestling as long as it's fun and not whatever the gently caress it is TNA has been doing for the last however many years. I'll check it out.

All of the backstage segments are basically telenovellas about organized crime and briefcases full of money. The opening match between Chavo and Blue Demon Jr was so bad they had to very obviously edit out portions of it and it's still 50% botched. Vampiro is the good half of the commentary team.

I love it.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Wazzu posted:

Thanks.
I have limited hope for the commentators to grow into a great duo, and I hope they stop cutting to them (especially with the much worse camera quality) so often.

It's pretty funny to see Ricochet apparently interpreting "lucha" as "do more unnecessary flips".

Lucha Underground is not even a little bit about lucha

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Great White Hope posted:

It's on my El Rey on Demand, and I have Time Warner. Dunno what's up with your branch. Maybe El Rey considers Cleveland, Ohio a major wrestling outlet for some reason?

Cleveland has a robust indie scene and THE MIZ

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

who the hell are these jobbers

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

"it's almost like dario cueto is the beyonder from secret wars"

matt striker ladies and gentlemen

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

EugeneJ posted:

I just realized that ADR coming in next year means we're never going to see Mistico in Lucha Underground

i'm not sure why those two things are related

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Daniel Bryan posted:

Who is Mil Muertes?

Mesías. He's been a big name for AAA in the past, was the Kane to Abyss's Undertaker in TNA, and was basically this exact character in WSX

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

ADR loving hates Mistico, and vice versa, so it's likely that unless they're offering enough money for them to get over it, they might not want to work at the same place with each other.

This actually isn't true at all, though. I agree Mistico will probably never appear on Lucha Underground but only because he's too big of a diva to do something he thinks is beneath him.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

Isn't it? I've heard it hear a ton of times, and there's all those times ADR tried to rip off his mask when he was Sin Cara.

Everyone cites a report that one of Mistico's entourage pulled a gun on Del Rio in the locker room back in AAA and the fact that they worked snug in the ring against each other. Meltz reported ADR was basically the only person in the locker room who DIDNT hate Mistico and tried very hard to get him to fit in but he was too much of a diva. As for mask ripping and working snug, that's lucha dawg. They bump soft in the ring but still drill each other with kicks and chops

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

also how is this the main event after last week

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

If she was an SOA ripoff, someone would have beaten her to death mid-angle just as it looked like she was about to do something that even remotely threatened the club's status quo.
bro

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

in zero universe is lucha underground competition to ROH both in audience or quality but i have fun watching it every week and really thats all i ask for from wrestling

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Liar Lyre posted:

Konnan looks like a big baby with sunglasses

he's regular-sized Joe C

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Thauros posted:

Just tuned in, I thought El Torito was Mascarita Sagrada?

nah he was Mascarita Dorada. Sagrada is basically a legend. He's like 50 years old.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

what the gently caress is this backstory

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Liar Lyre posted:

I have no idea who these guys are. Should I be excited?

These are all AAA guys so get ready for flips. Pentagon Jr and Fenix are awesome, Drago is a little older but can still go.

oatgan fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Nov 13, 2014

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i love spots

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Drago is good but i really hope nobody watched the match last week and said "the guy that's not Fenix is the one I want to see more of"

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Spermgod posted:

pentagon jr is the best of the 3 imo

Agreed but Fenix did crazier more crowd pleasing spots.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Sure, Matt, reference the WWE on the show. No big deal.

last week he plugged Chris Jericho's podcast for no reason

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Cuerno is El Hijo Del Fantasmo, btw

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

it really pisses me off that he calls the slingblade a "tanahashi"

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

why is he chopping wood

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009