Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I don't get this channel. I get it on Unimás in Spanish but that's tape-delayed till Saturday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

So it's a lucha telenovela?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Why is a Cuban guy telling me about the rich history of Aztec luchadores, as exhibited by a guy from Illinois???

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Didn't she get rejected from WWE for being too fat or something?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Previously on Breaking Bad, Chavo Guerrero.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I thought it was fine. It's dumb in the right ways for wrestling, and the promo segments being written and shot like telenovelas is perfect. I'll watch it next week.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

ADR says he's going to be on Lucha Underground in 2015.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

fart blood posted:

Imagine Lucha Underground triples their viewership every week and leaps past TNA.

Imagine how many viewers they'd get if El Rey was actually on more than two cable networks. That's also just the El Rey audience, not the Unimás audience.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Spermgod posted:

how come the UniMás ratings haven't been spoken of at all?

It aired two days ago on Unimás, they probably aren't out yet.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Spermgod posted:

as far as i know we never got ratings for the first week on there either

Nobody reports on Unimás ratings without making you pay $$$ for it that I can find.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Angular Landbury posted:

The only thing I didn't like about Striker on this was that he was giving a very very basic delivery of play by play which seemed oriented towards people who were watching wrestling for the very first time and didn't know the rules or how the whole thing actually works.

Which I assume is definitely the case.

I mean if you're trying to attract a new casual audience of Latinos who may not watch lucha libre with your slick production values and telenovela styling instead of the diehard internet fans you probably want to do that.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I can't believe someone figured out how to make Chavo Guerrero entertaining.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Lucha Underground rules but I wish I didn't have to watch it on goddamn Dailymotion. How can Verizon not carry El Rey in south Florida?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I listened to a MLW podcast from a couple days ago. Konnan said one of their main concerns is that they have a great show that nobody's watching because they don't get the channel. He said that they're actively working on getting LU on "many more platforms" but he can't comment further which makes it sound like they're working on some internet thing. He also said contacting your cable provider is the best way to get El Rey because lots and lots of people have told him they've gotten it on their systems just by asking. He's very proud of the product.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Feb 1, 2015

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Thankfully, El Rey is Robert Rodriguez's passion project, so Lucha Underground will probably have plenty of time to solve the problem of distribution.

Yes, he said that all the creative guys and all the producers share their vision. It's definitely not a "well this program sucks, nobody's watching it, cancelled" problem, it's a "how can we get people to watch our awesome program?" problem.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Another Person posted:

It actually has more than 300 views, that is a longstanding YT bug. It updates after a while. Russo is capable of getting 40,000 on his own channel, I've seen recommended vids of his before.

It's not a bug, it's done intentionally to prevent spammers or fake view bots from inflating view counts on new videos.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Jubs posted:

I'm currently at the tapings.

is this you

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Another Person posted:

which Mascarita do we have in LU right now then? wiki seems useless for finding out because it suggests that El Torito is him

Isn't Torito Mascarita Dorada?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

RZApublican posted:

I think this has been slowly improving, though. During the show last night I would say that maybe one third at most of the commercials were for stuff on El Rey, and there weren't even any fly-by-night online poker website commercials this time, either.

Konnan mentioned on his podcast that they're starting to get brand name sponsors for the show on both networks. No more Spaghetti western commercials.

Which episode has the awesome Alberto promo?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Grozz Nuy posted:

Plus, what the hell else is going to convince cable providers to carry El Rey if not Lucha Underground? They have next to no other original programming and there's at least good buzz around LU, even if it is to a niche audience.

I have no idea how many episodes they initially greenlit, or how close they are to running through that number. Has Dave reported on any aspect of LU's business recently?

The initial order was 39 weeks. I don't think they're in danger of getting cancelled any time soon considering one of the reasons AAA went after Rey so hard not only is he still a huge star in Mexico but they think his name recognition in the US would help get the show bumped from Unimas to Univision and get more clearance for El Rey on US cable.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

This week's Observer says Lucha Underground is planning a 2 or 3 hour free live show on El Rey in August. :circlefap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

If there was still doubt about season 2, according to PWI they've applied for a bunch of new trademarks for gimmick matches and titles.

• Locked thread