Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Assassin in the Palace is a nightless mafia.

There is one King, one Assassin, and the remainder of the players are Guards who are all told the identity of the King.

The Assassin has one kill that they can use at any time during the game, even after being lynched. The Assassin's goal is to identify the King so that they can use this kill against him. If the Assassin successfully kills the King, then the Assassin wins, otherwise the King and Guards win. The Assassin doesn't need to survive to win.

This setup differs from normal mafia in that the "town" has more information than the "mafia" does. Every Guard that is lynched narrows the number of targets the Assassin must consider, so the challenge for the Guards is to find out who the Assassin is as quickly as possible without giving away the identity of the King.

The game ends when the Assassin chooses a target to kill. Again, he may even choose a target to kill after his death. In fact, there's almost no reason not to choose a target until after his own death.

Important!! You may not post after the hammer until I announce that lynched player's role. A single player may post the :redhammer: emoticon so it's clear someone was hammered.

Other than the special rules, normal Mafia rules apply. No post editing, no toxx, etc etc etc.

This game can have any amount of players, but let's go ahead and aim for at least 9 and no more than 15.

Players
  1. blacknyte
  2. CapitalistPig
  3. Dragonatrix
  4. EXAKT Science
  5. HiipFire
  6. Jedit
  7. Kumbamontu
  8. Magnus Gallant
  9. Poison Mushroom
  10. Somberbrero
  11. Strong Mouse

Zesty fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Nov 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

grargh. Buy Platinum!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'll put off starting the game until this evening so I can be around to keep an eye on the thread. Will take any sign-ups until then.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Fell asleep late and didn't wake up until now. I'll be starting the game at 9am EST.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
The Game has begun.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Still don't know what confirming is all about. But people like to do it so I let them.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Just a reminder that in this game the Assassin has no reason to choose a target until after his death. There must be lynches!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
CPig was lynched. He was a Guard.

It's now Day 2

Remaining Players
blacknyte
Dragonatrix
EXAKT Science
HiipFire
Jedit
Kumbamontu
Magnus Gallant
Poison Mushroom
Somberbrero
Strong Mouse

Zesty fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Nov 3, 2014

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Yeah, you'd lose.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Somberbrero posted:

Hey Met can we get 3 day max deadlines or something? I feel like that'd be helpful for the game pace.

I'd have no way of enforcing it. A deadline wouldn't do anything because there is no night phase and everyone just goes right back to voting.

I guess I could say the person who has the most votes after three days gets voted out... but no one wants to get voted out with 20% of the votes and everything would feel cheap to the winners/losers if lynches were more accidental.

It's an experimental game.

I will poke people who aren't being too active though.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Asiina is now part of the game. Her role is a secret.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Asiina wasn't tracked on Votefinder. That was fixed.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Poison Mushroom was lynched. She was a Guard.

It's now Day 3.

Remaining Players
Asiina
blacknyte
Dragonatrix
EXAKT Science
HiipFire
Jedit
Kumbamontu
Magnus Gallant
Somberbrero
Strong Mouse

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

blacknyte posted:

It would be nice if this gets clarified. The rules say nothing about whether we can no lynch.

EKAKT is correct.

No-lynch serves no purpose.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

blacknyte posted:

You didn't answer the question. So we cannot no lynch and the assassin must make a kill selection after he is lynched?

The assassin must make a kill selection after they are lynched.

No-lynch doesn't serve a purpose because it doesn't bring the group closer to lynching the assassin.

Kumbamontu posted:

No lynch does serve a purpose though, cause we can stop lynching right now and force the assassin to pick one of us or the game will just eternally be in limbo

Really, you should probably put in deadlines, make the lynch plurality, and modkill anyone who doesn't vote by deadline or otherwise this game is going to be around forever

Maybe next time. For this game, I'll just poke people into participating.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
About time.

Blacknyte was a Guard.

Remaining Players
Asiina
Dragonatrix
EXAKT Science
HiipFire
Jedit
Kumbamontu
Magnus Gallant
Somberbrero
Strong Mouse

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Might need to do those votes again. I changed it to Day 4 after them.

It seems to have them.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Jedit was lynched. He was a Guard.

Remaining Players
Asiina
Dragonatrix
EXAKT Science
HiipFire
Kumbamontu
Magnus Gallant
Somberbrero
Strong Mouse

If you have me on Steam or Skype, feel free to pester me to let me know someone was hammered.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Kumbamontu was lynched. He was a Guard.

Remaining Players
Asiina
Dragonatrix
EXAKT Science
HiipFire
Magnus Gallant
Somberbrero
Strong Mouse

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Magnus Gallant was lynched. He was a Guard.

Remaining Players
Asiina
Dragonatrix
EXAKT Science
HiipFire
Somberbrero
Strong Mouse

It takes 4 votes to lynch.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Hiipfire was lynched. He was a Guard.

Remaining Players
Asiina
Dragonatrix
EXAKT Science
Somberbrero
Strong Mouse

It takes 3 votes to lynch.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Dragonatrix was lynched. He was a Guard.

Remaining Players
Asiina
EXAKT Science
Somberbrero
Strong Mouse

It takes 3 votes to lynch.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Asiina was modkilled (for being irrelevant at this point in the game, you're still awesome). She was a Jester.

It now takes 2 votes to lynch.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Somberbrero was lynched...

...he was a Guard.

EKAKT Science pulls out a single shot pistol and hits Strong Mouse between the eyes. Strong Mouse, the King, was killed.

The Assassin wins! :toot:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Flawless Assassin game. Wild.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Jedit posted:

Met, I think the problem with this setup is that there's no incentive for good guys to play. As blacknyte said, we could have started by picking someone at random and lynching at random and had a 12 in 13 chance of winning, whereas any attempt to win through skill reduced our odds.

This has been addressed in my next version of the game.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Semantics. The Assassin would have been given the victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
It was fun to see something different tried out, even if it wasn't perfect. I appreciate everyone who played the game. :)

• Locked thread