Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
wat
yospos bitch
rotor is young
View Results

• Locked thread
newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
fuk u abobo ur poo poo is garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
super glad I don't have to deal with adobes bullshit any more

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
adob

adobo

abobo

abodo

odobo

obodo

ododo

obobo

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
thanks, obamadobe

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
obob potosop

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

finally, thank you

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

pagancow posted:

Mac users like to put prefs on their dock, but I don't see anybody in Windows putting the control panel on their dock. Like what is so important that you're messing with settings on a regular basis?

windows has like 5 distinct control panels and at least one of them can't be shortcutted because metro

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

lol is this real?

Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

You trash eating stink bag!
Fun Shoe
Good thread OP encouraged me to clean some junk out of my dock. Left side auto-hide supremacy.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

i don't keep any programs in my dock

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

that way it just shows me a list of running programs and thats it

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Sam, fellow Mac user

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

just scatter a bunch of icons on your desktop like noted bad oses windows 98 and ios

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

here's my dock

[imagine i posted a picture of my foreskin]

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
came here to post my firefox & adobo shame

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

CamH posted:

i don't keep any programs in my dock

CamH posted:

that way it just shows me a list of running programs and thats it

that's a real shame because you're missing out on half of the benefit of the dock which is the one major loving purpose of the entire thing, that it's: A thing with all your commonly used poo poo in one place that's easy to get to.

i mean yeah you might not be running a terminal or skype or whatever at one moment but when its often enough that you pretty much just expect it to be running on accident and look at the dock to find that its not, it belongs in there.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

a surprising amount of perversion of steves will itt

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
also, as someone who recently moved from windows to osx, i kept the bottom dock and made it autohide because it turns out that autohide in osx isn't complete loving garbage like in windows

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Phoenixan posted:

also, as someone who recently moved from windows to osx, i kept the bottom dock and made it autohide because it turns out that autohide in osx isn't complete loving garbage like in windows

you should just for shits and grins put it on the left

and if you ever get bothered by tracking over to it, work on your touchpad acceleration settings (its one drat slider) make it faster and realize that if you move your finger slow the cursor goes slow. if you zip across the pad so does the mouse.

NOTE: if it ever takes you more than one swipe to move teh cursor to any part of the screen your speed is way too low.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
the magic trackpad / mouse acceleration is out loving standing. it's just amazingly good and intuitive to use when set like one notch down from fastest.

and you don't have to be a twitch finger gamer or whatever to use it, it's extremely easy and precise

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
yeah ever since getting the macbook pro i discovered i haven't even been touching the mouse except when i'm using photoshop or playing a game.

but i might give left side dock another chance :tipshat:

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

i wonder what will replace the magic trackpad

pram
Jun 10, 2001
ipad mini surplus

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

pagancow posted:

Mac users like to put prefs on their dock, but I don't see anybody in Windows putting the control panel on their dock. Like what is so important that you're messing with settings on a regular basis?

i never really thought about it but i use system preferences quite a bit. networking settings, sharing, display settings, color profiles, security settings (code signing reqs etc), new glimmerblocker rules, poo poo like that

def belongs on the dock imo

pram
Jun 10, 2001
no

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i don't need to access it often so clicking the apple and hitting system prefs is fine

also spotlight owns

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Beeftweeter posted:

i never really thought about it but i use system preferences quite a bit. networking settings, sharing, display settings, color profiles, security settings (code signing reqs etc), new glimmerblocker rules, poo poo like that

apple > system preferences

boom.

e: gently caress

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

theadder posted:

i wonder what will replace the magic trackpad

nothing. it's mature and stable. it is a good invention that works. that's like asking what's going to replace a door knob. PC's have like those turnstiles that only activate when you step on them or like a radar activated sliding door that sometimes only open when you are already practically walking into the door... and the magic trackpad is a doorknob that you know will do what you expect every single time.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Beeftweeter posted:

nah, its right there on the apple menu, also a permanent fixture. why duplicate the poo poo.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
idk i rarely use the apple menu

pram
Jun 10, 2001
if your dock was on the left, correct side you would always be within range of the apple menu

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
and if your trackpad speed setting was one notch down from max, you would be able to get there in a blink anyway - while retaining fine-grain control by not ADHDing the touch to the trackpad.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i never saw the reason to keep app store in the dock either since the app store is also under the apple menu

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Sniep posted:

nothing. it's mature and stable. it is a good invention that works. that's like asking what's going to replace a door knob. PC's have like those turnstiles that only activate when you step on them or like a radar activated sliding door that sometimes only open when you are already practically walking into the door... and the magic trackpad is a doorknob that you know will do what you expect every single time.

i sense the time approaching tho sniep

they will make a better doorknob

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Phoenixan posted:

i never saw the reason to keep app store in the dock either since the app store is also under the apple menu

yes QED do not have things in your dock that are on the apple menu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

theadder posted:

i sense the time approaching tho sniep

they will make a better doorknob

it will take a reinvention of the door to reinvent the doorknob.

just like it will take a GUI/computer revolution to necessitate a new vision of input device.

and im not talking about touch screen everything!!!11

• Locked thread