Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
Phil Simms, former QB and current NFL commentator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
I haven't seen someone get out of a relationship that easily/conveniently on tv since George killed Susan with wedding envelopes on Seinfeld. Let's just hope this works out better for her than it did for him.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
I would hate to be Joan and have to explain that she really didn't forget my birthday.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

So are we supposed to take away that after all that, after learning that Alberto was safe, and after learning that the whole thing was a setup to try and get Sherlock to start using again... he THEN fell off the wagon? He let the bad guy just win like that?

Honestly, we don't even know if Oscar even lived through that. Whatever happened to him, winning is not how I'd describe it.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
If his father comes back in response to the relapse, could this possibly also be the (ill-advised) return of Mycroft?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

Blind Pineapple posted:

The longer the series goes, the more a relapse was inevitable. The season as a whole came together pretty nicely in the context of the series. He dodged bullets being around Rhys in Season 1, Allister dying, and Watson leaving him in Season 2. We saw him burn his stash of heroin in the final Kitty episode flashback. Season 3 was all about building up his life with meaningful relationships. His relationship with Kitty propped him up, Watson moved back in, he started opening up even more to Watson, as well as Bell and Alfredo, likely giving him more real friends than he's had at any point in his life. When he ditched Alfredo as a sponsor in favor of having him as a friend, it seemed heart-warming because it looked like a big step forward, but now we see that in his personal gains, Sherlock had forgotten the struggle of addiction. What felt like a series of victories, was actually him letting his guard down and he got caught in the end.

Depressing as gently caress, but very well put together. My faith in the writers was rewarded with this finale. As has been the case every season, there is much to look forward to next time. Lots of new angles to explore and another major character to introduce. I can't wait til October or whenever it starts up again.

We've seen signs of him slipping a bit, and while dropping Alfredo as a sponsor was a nice touch, when you're starting to realize you want to use again, that is not the time to go without a sponsor. It's amazing that he held on long enough to make sure that the people he cared about were okay before using, though.

It'll be interesting to see where they go with it next season. He has a much stronger support network to help him through this, depending on how drastic of measures his father goes through. He could really throw a wrench in things if he takes him back to Britain. Watson could help him back on the road to recovery, but will she be able to do that at the same time as working on cases? Will the police be able to continue to use him as a consultant even when/iff he gets clean again? Could really be a completely different show next season.

• Locked thread