Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
So, it's been more than 24 hours now, why is the thread title not 'watson seems well sexed' yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Pierson posted:

I'm interested in the show but is this like Agents of Shield where I need to 'stick with it' or is it pretty good from the offset? Got sick and tired of BBC Sherlock because of Reasons.

Pretty good from episode 1 I'd say.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

inklesspen posted:

The NYPD has 34,822 uniformed officers (source). There were, what, 200 of them there? The city's probably in no worse shape than normal; the armory was raided not because of a lack of officers in general, but because armory officers in particular were at the funeral.

You would think the NYPD would have provisions in place for a situation like that - bringing in other officers to man the armoury while the regular staff attended the funeral.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Oz posted:

There was a small contingent of officers left behind at the armory. You can see their bound corpses on the ground as the guns are being stolen. There weren't enough to defend against the unexpected raid.

I saw that, but surely they could have diverted officers from elsewhere to guard the facility properly? It just seems like a colossal failure of procedure.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

johntfs posted:

On a lighter note, Sherlock turning his prodigious mental talents to the analysis of "Twilight" was utterly hilarious to me.

Someone already did that (and it was glorious). The results were largely as expected: :itwaspoo:

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jan 9, 2015

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Accretionist posted:

The Deus ex Moriarty caught me off guard. Also, Watson's mental health :ohdear: !

You meant Moriarty ex Machina right? because 'God from Moriarty' makes no sense.

Did anyone else get the impression that Sherlock just really, really likes saying the word 'quagga'?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

There's another episode next week. I find it kinda strange that they haven't built to any kind of finale climax plot arc over the last few episodes though.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

It was a reasonably good episode, solid 'B' all round I'd say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Sober posted:

Finally he can just use a British accent.

John Noble is Australian. Presumably he'd adopt a similar accent to Sherlock on the show.

• Locked thread