Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Regy Rusty posted:

There was waaaay too much of him at the end of last season too. I didn't care for the plotline of the last few episodes.
Multi-episode plots in shows like this are always terrible. One mystery a week, solved by the end of the episode is what I'm here for, this MI6 bullshit is stupid and unnecessary. I'm also hoping to never hear about Moriarty or Lestrade again. Lestrade's not really an ongoing story, I just don't like him.

Tiggum fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Oct 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

After that episode I kind of want Sherlock written out, or just made a minor character. Joan Watson, Consulting Detective would be a great show. Hopefully it will be better once they reconcile though.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I love how this show makes me feel stupid for not seeing the solution instead of infuriated over it coming out of loving nowhere like a lesser show would.

I felt that The Five Orange Pipz failed in that. The first thing I thought of when they said the beads metabolised to GHB was that they would probably be really valuable, because that is something that people want to buy. But none of the characters seemed to consider that, so I kind of forgot about it, and then it turns out it is relevant at the end.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

inklesspen posted:

I was kind of shocked when they introduced the existential risk group, mainly because I've been to a party thrown by what is likely the real-world inspiration for that group.

I was really hoping that when they searched the guy's computer the report would come back as "Nothing but a whole lot of Harry Potter fan-fiction."

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

pik_d posted:

This episode has a hell of a lot going on, but holy poo poo Watson kept a casebook!!

Pretty sure we saw her writing it in season one.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Blind Pineapple posted:

I highly doubt this is the last time we see Kitty. We're only halfway through the season, and there were a couple cliff-hangers with her (most notable being the implication that Gregson would be going after her).

I can't see how she can get away with this. Where is she going? If she goes home they can just have her extradited, and you can't just show up in a non-extradition country and stay as long as you like. It's not like this is some petty crime or the sort of thing she could seek asylum for, she cut a guy's face off. I thought for sure they were going to have Del refuse to give her name and Gregson be all "Well, I know it was Kitty, so she can never work for me again, but since there's no real evidence I guess I can't charge her." but since they didn't show that I assume Del will say it was her.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

Why are there so many scenes of Watson in bed and Sherlock waking her up

It's a running joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

Totally intentional. The reaction to her returning to the brownstone is definitely not supposed to be "Yay Watson's back! :3:"

Although it does echo the original Sherlock Holmes stories, where Watson's wife dies and he moves back in with Holmes, I think just for the author's convenience.

• Locked thread