Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
This episode was a bit uncomfortable to me, but maybe that was the point. With what used to be normality (Joan living at the Brownstone, Joan and Sherlock: Super Crime-fighting Duo, an absent Winters, etc.) now just a memory, perhaps the point of the episode was to settle us into these new arrangements. I'm kinda glad the case was fairly simple (I think I saw someone earlier complaining about it?) - it rly needed to be with all of the new stuff. Either way, this season still has me psyched.

I must say, though: before this ep, I had no desire for Joan and Sherlock to romance it up, but after his "You belong here at the Brownstone" line, I went gaga. Or perhaps it was just JLM's regular oozing British, puppy-dog charm.

inklesspen posted:

Oh god, they have Clyde plushes.
*makes grabby hands*

I'll admit, I squealed with delight when Clyde appeared. So glad the writers understand our fondness for that little shelled critter.

And what other way could you possibly reveal Sherlock than with him donning a "isolation helmet"? AND THE HANGERS. Good god, this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
Because of course, Sherlock WOULD find a body while preparing for a MATH COMPETITION. Maaaan, that's so ridiculous and totally in-character for him haha

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
Clyde first thing. Great episode already.

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
It'd be a nice change of pace if it wasn't a two-parter, but I highly doubt it. The ending was too... err, not-an-ending, but in a technical sense. I was almost expecting a "To be continued..." to be scrawled across the screen.

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
Horizontal refreshment :heysexy:

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
This was such a stellar episode. When the "previously on..." scenes included various, seemingly unrelated cases from earlier on in the season (such as the nutmeg), I knew it was going to be good. I think I'm actually going to miss Kitty, surprisingly enough.

e: Was that the season finale btw? I know it probably isn't, but it definitely felt like one.

bubblelubble fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jan 30, 2015

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.

inklesspen posted:

CLYDE PAINTING
Hey, he wanted to do it

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
Nah, I kinda like that even Joan (inarguably Sherlock's BFFL) is still thrown off by some of the antics he—and subsequently Clyde—gets into.

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
There needs to be a separate thread just for Clyde GIFs.

Possible title: Elementary's Clyde the tortoise GIF thread - "He wanted to do it."

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
It's the best joke. Just imagine Sherlock is a puppydawg waiting for his owner (Joan) to wake up and play with him. He even sometimes brings her gifts in the form of pretty clothes or costumed tortoises

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
I did not expect Elementary to become the favourite out of my current rotation of shows, but it has.

Not one, but two waking up gags - it's as if the writers live among us goons :aaaaa: And Moriarty's brief return and the Sherlock/Marcus team-up and Sherlock attempting to be normal as he couch-sat with Joan!

So much satisfaction, and there was not one Clyde appearance. Holy gently caress this show :swoon:

bubblelubble fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Feb 13, 2015

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.

:golfclap: You did good

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
I haven't read the books - are there any other parallels between them and Elementary?

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
I'm kinda bummed Joan's storyline was somewhat resolved. I was looking forward to seeing her go off the rails, not in a sadistic way but because it would've been a nice change for her to lose it instead of Sherlock or Kitty or Marcus. She always seems to have her poo poo together, and it bugs me a little. Just a little cos she's still a sassy queen and I love her :3:

bubblelubble fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Feb 21, 2015

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
^ Double-posting but oh well.

Is there an episode today?

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
That last scene with Sherlock and Marcus bro-ing out with the Stanley Cup was exactly what I didn't know I needed :3:

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
Wait *that* was the finale??? That was a pretty weak cliffhanger - Gregson being targeted? That was all? Nothing about Sherlock or even Joan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
Oh no Sherlock :ohdear: And I was so enjoying the Bell and Alfredo bromances. The golden age is over... for now.

Is it safe to say that he killed Oscar? Those kicks were all aimed around the guy's head, and there wasn't a close-up afterwards.

Oh one more thing: Natalie Dormer (Irene/Moriarty) said in an interview with Seth Meyers a while ago that she did some shooting for Elementary this season. Was that merely the voiceover earlier this season then?

bubblelubble fucked around with this message at 11:17 on May 15, 2015

• Locked thread