Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Great premiere. I liked them showing Watson is quite competent on her own, and they still showed that Sherlock is still even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
A two-parter? Why? Honestly, this doesn't seem like it needed to be a two-parter. I thought the ending was pretty good. It was okay that the real culprit got away with it, it was enough that he was identified, even if nothing could be proven.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
That was an excellent episode. The complete lack of Watson worked on two levels: One, it showed that she can have a life outside of Holmes' casework, and Two, it was a Kitty showcase, showing her actually doing things and being competent, standing in just as well as if it was Watson at Holmes side. That's definitely important if she is to be more than just a glorified extra in Watson's shadow.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Maybe if you hate police you should avoid watching TV shows which have police as main characters.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Yeah, I think the CEO hiring Watson was deliberate, not a coincidence. That's why he was so supportive of her taking immediate time off, he wanted to keep some tabs on her investigation.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
When Gregson told Sherlock that he'd have to go after whoever Gruner named, that was a courtesy warning. Gregson is not an idiot, he knew who did it already, and if he was really serious about catching her, he'd have had her passport already flagged before calling Holmes. I don't think that Gregson will put in a lot of effort towards bringing Kitty to justice.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Regy Rusty posted:

What in the gently caress

Looks like someone tried to poison Joan.

Yeah, that brunette who "accidentally" bumped into her. That's certainly an unexpected twist to the episode. I wonder who that was. The poison will clearly be Hemlock.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Scorchy posted:

Always makes me feel awesome to figure out the mystery just before they solve it.

Yeah, I realized what the 4 ms thing meant when it was mentioned. I'm not actually sure how that device would work - wouldn't they have to cut the cable to attach it? Isn't stitching fiber optics back together rather difficult? If not, I'm not sure how it would slow down the thing from the outside.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
So are we supposed to take away that after all that, after learning that Alberto was safe, and after learning that the whole thing was a setup to try and get Sherlock to start using again... he THEN fell off the wagon? He let the bad guy just win like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

violetdragon posted:

I stand corrected. I still think Oscar is probably dead, though.

The damage resulting from injuries in fiction often is less than what would happen in real life. I do not think Oscar is dead because they would make a Much Bigger Deal about Sherlock committing a homicide on an unarmed man, even a man who had severely provoked him.

• Locked thread