Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Roll an Arthur. Join the Arthur squad. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

DaveWoo posted:

Question - are any of the Special Event dungeons worth doing right now? Any useful drops I should be aiming for?

Also, this game is friggin' ridiculous when it comes to giving away stones:

Considering how this game's setup, and that via Line groups you can basically play co-op 24/7, you really only need 2 solid units and the event ones all seem pretty terrible compared to the 5* REM stuff. Especially Zeus/Arthur and even Hunter/Striker/OdaX/Merlin/YUKIIIIMURAAAA are all noticeably better. If you started with Arthur or Zeus you really only need one more solid unit at most for when you play with only 2-3 people.

Once more units hit the US then some of the 100+ stones I have will get spent but the event units only seem to be there as trophies, fodder for ascension(?), or use if you have gotten gently caress-all from the REM. Even some of the 4* REM stuff is probably still better though.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I put together a google spreadsheet so people can add their profile info which should make it easier to find others to add to your friend list without having to scan over posts in the thread itself:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RDIVpwTy-da91e1rd_029b3O5RbTOBpQKjiv5kks2iE/edit?usp=sharing

Able to toss it in the OP?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

SilverMike posted:

I'm new to this style of game, what should I be doing with a 2nd Zeus? Keeping him as a sub or feeding him to my main Zeus or something else entirely?

Keep him. If nothing else you'll have him as a sub when you play solo or with 1 other person in co-op. Feeding rare summons to each other doesn't seem worth it at all in this game.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Is there any word in Japan if/when Arthur's going to get an Ascended form? Zeus seems like he'd be SS Rank considering he can Ascend and take his already strong-as-gently caress 6* form to an even stronger form.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I ran through the normal dungeons until the co-op one with the divine sharl unlocked. It's not too hard to progress to that point if you have a decent leader and subs, or play co-op with people who aren't terrible or using 4* garbage.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Yesterday I did a few co-op runs with random people and in one run I had an unlisted 5 star and a 4 star as the players helping me. I have a max level Queen Arthur and regular Arthur (yeah I rolled 2 of them :smuggo:) and holy poo poo it was the hardest goddamn challenge I ever had. The 4 star player kept ramming damage walls, which they weren't immune to, and they had something like 6k hp and 4.5k attack. It was painful and I can't stress how much running a 4 goon Zeus/Arthur murderteam trivializes a lot of fights in this game. Especially if you're chatting in IRC to plot out when to stall, or burn skills or whatever.

neurotech posted:

This game is loving PAD x a billion in terms of crack-like "JUST ONE MORE" addiction. Time to re-roll like a savant.

Congrats on your eventual Arthur or Zeus. :v:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
My first roll gave me Hunter X and Merlin. I rerolled :spergin:

A few dozen rerolls later I got Arthur. Then picked up Merlin and Oda Nobunaga X from rolls I did with the co-op gems. Then a fianl 10 pull got me 8 pieces of garbage, Yukimura, and Arthur #2. With how fast this game throws orbs at you for co-op play (5 orbs for the first 10 people you play with) you could potentially just roll, then jump in a Line chat and run a map or two with random people and try another half dozen rolls.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

dragon enthusiast posted:

Do you notice Monstrike restarting when you click in from the LINE link? There's a bug where if that happens it'll actually send you to the last dungeon you successfully hosted. You can actually use this to chain run bonus stages... but that might be against TOS.

Chain-running dungeons is simpler than that because your hosting link never changes. It really amazes me that a bug like that was able to slip through and I wonder if/when it'll be fixed.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
If you're on an ipad you can install the ipad version of line which has less functions (can't post to group, only chat) but isn't quite as terrible as a result. I don't think you can mass delete chat logs in the ipad version though.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Daveski posted:

Finally got a diamond sharl and evolved Striker into Super Striker, terrible name but he looks less like a generic anime dude and more like an anime dude with wings and crap. Also he's way way better, and I was already happy with him before.

Striker and Striker jr are blatant DBZ ripoffs/spoofs. :ssh:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Worth noting that not all units can ascend as well. Arthur can't ascend but Zeus has two forms they can take: Light or Dark (like in PAD).

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Velveteen posted:

So, I found out about a super cheaty thing. If you're using line groups to co-op with others. You can run the one time bonus stage endlessly by reusing the same link instead of creating a new one inside the game. I hosted a Castle Redsrath bonus stage (which currently has 2x drops) and invited my friends over and over. Its basically running turtles on hard for 1 stamina cost. We maxed out all our monsters as well as maxed out affinity bonus.

Not sure if it goes away if you host another map or how this really works.

This has been mentioned a few times. I found it on the first day because this game and line hate my iPad mini and constantly reset both apps, which kept causing me to host the previous level and it didn't take long to realize that since the links never change you can game the gently caress out of the system.

m.hache posted:

That's hilarious.

Also I want in on this.

EDIT: Just pulled an Arthur to go with my Zeus. He's got a 5 clover rating. Would it make more sense to put him on my first slot?

Keep and use both units. Wall wedging can do a ton of damage (my best is 2.5 million and about 130 hits on an enemy) but Zeus is strong as gently caress and his evolved form's strike shot can easily do 6-900k damage to a boss since the bolts seem to do aoe and so any shields the boss has become a liability. Plus he can trigger other units when passing through so setting off an Arthur or two with your strike shot on the boss can top 1 million damage quickly.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

DoubleWelp posted:

Do time-limited dungeon links expire along with the dungeons?

Yes. You get an error if you try to join a dungeon that expired. No endless farming of events or shellageddons.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I'd just sit on orbs if you have multiple A/S rank units, especially an Arthur/Zeus or two of one of them. Extra 5* units are nice and all but I'm saving my orbs for the next worthwhile batch they add to the game. I'd love to get a Zeus though. I've been doing some solo runs with dark Zeus buddies and goddamn they're so powerful even compared to my max level Arthur. His strike shot's just so brutal even when not setting off other units' bounces along the way.

Plus ascended dark Zeus does both his normal explosion and the 4-way laser when you bump him.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

DaveWoo posted:

A question for you, dragon enthusiast:

I'm currently at Rank 31. My team consists of 6* Zeus Olympios (lvl 79), 5* Neptune (max lvl), and 4* Ishida Mitsunari (max lvl, just need a couple more materials to evo). I've also got a 4* Albacore and 4* Saya, which I haven't really done anything with yet. I've cleared all of the dungeons up to Blinding Menagerie (including the co-op ones), and I'm currently sitting on roughly 200 stones.

What should I be doing right now?

Dump all xp in to Zeus, ignore everything else, and also ascend Zeus.

Then just run co-op with 3 other people and your other units won't matter at all.. Later levels you need to run wall damage ignore units or you're just asking for an unlucky bounce to cause you to suicide from 75% hp. :sigh:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Velveteen posted:

Different people have different opinions on certain monsters. I assume its mainly because we don't have most of the stuff on the list on NA yet. So without better alternatives, the ones on the lower section of the list gets bumped up. That list does mention why they placed the monster in certain ranks though. I'd much prefer that than a list of names like on the OP.

It only works for the individual card with the special. So its good to have a team of damage wall ignore on certain fights or null gravity on others.

Gravity wells are actually a handy thing if your team is full of Arthurs because it helps hold everyone together for blasting the gently caress out of the boss. :hellyeah:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Zeus is much better than Harley X as a leader. Focus on Zeus. the only other unit that compares to him is Arthur.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Thoughts on their usefulness? Sitting on 150 stones and wondering if a 10 pull for Tequlia could be worth it to put them with my Arthurs.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Did a 10 pull. Got the 4* Chimera thing from this batch, only 5* was Apollo, the other 8 were worthless 4* trash and several were duplicates including the two Amaterasus. :v:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
If you're not running it in co-op with other goons you need to be doing so (or piggyback off of people in Lines on Reddit or elsewhere). Stoning for stamina in this game should be something of a rarity because when playing with 3 others you're effectively getting 4 stamina every 3 minutes.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
On what basis does your friend claim Dear Lotta is good? Because by all accounts they look like utter trash.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
^^^^ Grats, now backup your drat account.

Nosre posted:

I think I'd love the game, but gently caress giving random apps my phone number and/or permission to troll through my contacts/facebook. What is this line thing that it requires being able to do that?

Do the smart thing: Make a throwaway facebook account and connect to Line using that. I made a junk facebook account for games like this and Brave Frontier. Let it dig through my 0 friends and activity on Facebook, it won't mine any useful data either way.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Always roll 10 at a time if you're going to hunt for a unit. rates on good stuff is low as hell but the 10 batch at least ensures you only get 4 and 5 star stuff.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
If you can manage to get wedged between a boss and one of their shields you can spill some damage over to the next wave too.

My Arthur got wedged and landed 98 hits doing about 900k to a shield and 1.3 million to the boss. He started the next stag missing half his health bar because of how fast the hits registered. Best record is still getting wedged between two enemies and doing 300 or so hits for 1.8 and 2.5 million damage to them. :unsmigghh:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

trucutru posted:

Ok, I can evolve either Shiva or Shadowgaff (I'm still not even close to being able to evolve Margarite) so, which one should go first?

Actually, is there any place were I can see the evolutions and what they do online? besides the JP pages, of course.

Margarite. Doesn't matter if you aren't close. You can get a Divine Sharl as a very rare drop from the daily sharl/stoan dungeons, as well as a reward for a later co-op level or 30 day login prize. Getting to the co-op one by plowing through the regular levels isn't hard with an S rank leader and some semi-decent subs, and it should be comically easy if you play the levels in co-op with the hordes of Arthur/Zeus goons.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
You'll know when you have the co-op area unlocked because you'll see the quest reward in the list as well. You also get a divine sharl for 30 days of logging in.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

dragon enthusiast posted:

Free 50 orbs from the launch party (unlimited use, once per account)

Between this and the 10 orbs for the recent boss drop issue I'm back up ti 181 orbs. :eyepop:

Also it goes without saying but :siren: anyone new who's rolling should use this promo code every time they reroll if it lets them. :siren:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

bengy81 posted:

Alright, so I have been playing since launch, although its been pretty casual. I have max level Odin, Hunter King, Oda Nobunga and Arthur, but basically only have enough mats to evolve one of them. I am leaning towards Arthur, but is there a case to be made for Odin or the other two?

Arthur for sure. Odin's not bad in his own way but Arthur is simply better.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

bengy81 posted:

Going to do Arthur, but instead of Odin, I actually meant Zeus, so I am assuming that the same is true.

I'd probably take Zeus over Arthur because you can ascend Zeus and make him better than a regular 6* Arthur (who can't ascend atm). Plus Ascended Zeus's strike shot lets tyou move while Arthur's doesn't so the potential for far greater damage is there. I've used dark zeus buddies and hit for 1.2-1.7 million damage using their strike shot since the lightning seems to have a small AOE and thus those shield things become a liability, plus the damage done by hitting off of an Arthur or two.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

DaveWoo posted:

I've maxed out the stats on my Super Striker Jr

I don't even want to know how much time you spent on this. :psyduck:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Did a 10 pull batch to try for Yggdrasil. Got 10 4* units, including 3 goddamn Freya dupes. :negative:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Yeah it's pretty insane how many 10 shots you can do and get gently caress-all from it. Then again, I haven't rolled for awhile and I'm back up to 237 orbs because they give away so drat many. :shrug:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Use Zeus as your leader and drop one of those other 3. Zeus is a beast.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
They've got the Zeus/Arthur batch up so I decided to do a 10 pull, got two Harley X and some other assorted 4* garbage. Did a second 10 batch pull and the first egg out of it is Zeus :toot: and a Striker popped out too. Still had all my xp from the Christmas giveaway and a Divine sharl so Zeus went right to level 99. Don't have the stuff to dark ascend him yet though.

Running a main team of Arthur, Arthur, Zeus now. :getin:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Right now they're doing a 5x rate up on Divine Sharls in the daily sharl dungeons. 8 runs later and zero divines to show for it. To date, I have never gotten a Divine Sharl through normal means. Both were obtained through the freebies given at 30(?) days of logins and the one you get for clearing a dungeon further in the game. Imagine if PAD made Mystic Masks and Dub Mythlits as rare as spirit jewels.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Unless you are an insane whale you're going to get a max luck starter dragon because those can suffice for most farmed things (like sharls and Expies) unless they release a rare fodder that gives +1luck to anything when fed to it. If you manage to pull 2-3 Zeus/Arthur or other top-tier units you don't feed them to each other, you setup a team with them and only them as the units. I run Arthur/Arthur/Zeus and I'm still trying to get the annoying drops to ascend Zeus but eventually he'll be a dark Zeus and I have dark Zeus buddies. The end result is a 90k+ hp and atk team that will completely stomp the gently caress out of most things.

The best farmable thing you could max for luck is probably super striker jr but that also requires a ton of friend gacha luck on your pulls, as well as a ton of +stat fodder to burn on it.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
If you get a decent but not amazing roll you can just save the file on you PC using something like iFunbox and keep rolling, then go back to the previous file if you give up on getting something better.

And yeah the extreme dungeons are pretty bullshit. I haven't ascended Zeus yet because the dark wyrm or w/e you need (3 of?) for him has done upwards of 40-50k damage in a single turn and unless there's a gold heart on the board for you to reach you're probably toast.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Some day the Dark Wyrm event will actually happen when I can log in to run it, clear it, and not get the drop needed to ascend my Zeus. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Zeus and Arthur are likely still really good. I only play a little here and there and my team (2x Arthur and a Zeus) still runs over the stuff that isn't impossible difficulty.

• Locked thread