Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I've been playing this game for a few days already. Its extremely addictive. While the game does give out a lot of free orbs but I noticed that unless your hatched monsters are part of the top tier lists they are almost completely worthless. I started with Sanada because I got sick of rerolling. I managed to roll Nobunaga X, Lancelot, Lin Zi from all the free stones later on and out of all of them the only real good one is Nobunaga X. Compared to all the Arthurs and Harley X you see in co-op games I feel useless. Although it says Sanada is good with ascension, getting the monsters needed for it is going to take forever to come around, and even longer to complete the dungeon enough times to see multiple drops of the same monster needed for the ascension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Goodchild posted:

So how does the whole Ascension/Evolve system work? Can I still Ascend after evolving my monster, or the other way around, etc.
For reference my main is Odin.

You can ascend after evolving and the materials needed to ascend will be lowered. For example instead of say a 3 luck and a 2 luck monster you only need a 2 luck and a 1 luck monster. You would still need to max level the monster so it's Level 99 instead of Level 70, not to mention the Divine Sharl needed. However, if you don't have anything better, evolving them to a 6 star first will really help your team. If the ascension monster is easy to farm and you aren't planning on using that monster, then just wait to ascend it. If this is one of the main monsters on your team then evolve it first because its a huge stat gain once you evolve it as well as changing your Bounce/Strike Shot for the better.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

So, I found out about a super cheaty thing. If you're using line groups to co-op with others. You can run the one time bonus stage endlessly by reusing the same link instead of creating a new one inside the game. I hosted a Castle Redsrath bonus stage (which currently has 2x drops) and invited my friends over and over. Its basically running turtles on hard for 1 stamina cost. We maxed out all our monsters as well as maxed out affinity bonus.

Not sure if it goes away if you host another map or how this really works.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Xtanstic posted:

What's the reason for the discrepancy between the OP tierlist and http://www.monsterstrikedatabase.com/tierlist.html ? Is it mainly a stat thing or a skill/quality of life issue?

Different people have different opinions on certain monsters. I assume its mainly because we don't have most of the stuff on the list on NA yet. So without better alternatives, the ones on the lower section of the list gets bumped up. That list does mention why they placed the monster in certain ranks though. I'd much prefer that than a list of names like on the OP.

Y2J posted:

Hilarious poo poo. 1/2 the people in Goonstrike on Line are convinced SA stands for Suck rear end.

I'm a week in and that coop rerunning bug got me a hell of a lot of XP. Do all units need the shield breaker/wall damage ignore or does it work for the whole team if one card has it?

It only works for the individual card with the special. So its good to have a team of damage wall ignore on certain fights or null gravity on others.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

The savage 5 star event monsters only has about 10-20% drop rate according to people. Personally I found one after like 4 runs? So it definitely isn't very high. The 4 star event ones however feel more like 50%. I ran at least 10 event runs on savage and gotten about 5 drops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Doing extreme quests makes me want to bite my hair off. Stupid desire sensors. All I wanted was an emerald dragon for Tini ascension but I've ran it over a dozen times today and got none. While I keep getting other 5 stars that I don't need in just a couple of runs. Sometimes two in a single run! I hope the next time it comes around I get luckier.

• Locked thread