Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
So I rerolled A LOT because I am a huge nerd and now I have some leftover accounts for people who just want a 5* monster. Let me know on IRC or make a post here if you're interested.

A
HarleyX
Yukimura
Mundus

B
ApolloX
LancelotX

D
Hikari(apparently, really blehh, but it's 5*)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
So what's the best (monster)experience vs. time vs. stamina dungeon. Since I now know that you can rerun coop bonuses, is that the best dungeon to run? ~2 4*(?) exp turtles a run, plus +eggs and whatever drops.
Anything better?

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Velveteen posted:

So, I found out about a super cheaty thing. If you're using line groups to co-op with others. You can run the one time bonus stage endlessly by reusing the same link instead of creating a new one inside the game. I hosted a Castle Redsrath bonus stage (which currently has 2x drops) and invited my friends over and over. Its basically running turtles on hard for 1 stamina cost. We maxed out all our monsters as well as maxed out affinity bonus.

Not sure if it goes away if you host another map or how this really works.

It's been talked about earlier, but apparently, the link you get for inviting never changes, meaning if you click on it again, you can continually run the last bonus stage you ran for near unlimited times.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

DaveWoo posted:

So according to the event schedule, we're getting Dark Wyrm tomorrow, which I need to ascend my Zeus. How hard is the Extreme dungeon, compared to Savage? Which difficulty would be a better use of my stones?

so is Dark Wyrm today or tomorrow? The website says 11/10 2-8PST and 11/11 5-11 EST. Which is right?

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

On what basis does your friend claim Dear Lotta is good? Because by all accounts they look like utter trash.

She's a support monster. Evolve her up, and her skill "increases the attack of your teammates by 1.8x upon contact for 11 turns". So basically, she's a gacha bubblie analogue. poo poo stats but power booster

e:

quote:

It's tomorrow - the in-game news section was giving some really wonky dates/times earlier (like, completely different days for PST and EST), but they seem to have straightened it out now.
Thanks, that really threw me for a loop.

Time to get carried to evolve my zeus!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

OmanyteJackson posted:

I just got Margret to max level. I have no idea how her strike shot is suppose to work. Is it worth evolving her now or should i just wait for ascension?

Also, wtf is ascension? are there any guides on how to get the monsters required for ascension?
(Assuming Margarite)
Margarite(pre-evo) strike shot is to hit an enemy's weak point for some damage. It's pretty meh.
Evolving her makes boss enemies have 3 weak point which is very good, especially for lasers and pierce attacks, so yes, evolve her.

Her Ascension is also good but is a bit weaker in base attack power for a bit more speed and an X-Laser. Same shot though.

Either one is good, though the normal is preferred due to lower speed for easier positioning and higher attack power.

Ascension is somewhat similar to UEvos in pad, in that you need monsters instead of stones/whatever to evolve. Going from base to ascension costs more materials, but going from normal evo to ascension requires a max level monster. It's an even tradeoff because you still keep your levels after ascending. The materials for ascension can be found in the event dungeons and extreme event dungeons. The number at the bottom right of the monster at the ascension menu is what luck the monster needs to have, so 🍀4 means you need that monster with 4 luck. Basically, you need 4 of that monster and fuse it together. That's about it.

RE: The game
I've been having fun going super casual at it. I don't even log into line anymore because I was sick of getting updates about someone joining or posting to the homepage. I basically came at this game with a PaD mentality of soloing. As far as luck and RNG goes, it giveth and it taketh away. I've been able to roll both Napoleon and Margarite and ascended my Zeus. I've also sometimes gotten 2 event drops in one go or 2 divine sharls from a normal dungeon. It's a pretty okay game, if you go in with a real casual attitude, though joining a community would help those who want to really experience the game.

Guilty Pleasure: I like the MonstrikeDB vids on youtube because it's like pad videos except the people are always failing instead of bending the dungeon over their knee.

• Locked thread