Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!
Anyone have a quick and dirty guide to setting up co-op games? Every time I try to join or host a random game it'll go through the location data business, never pulls up anyone for me to join, and nobody ever joins me. Is that strictly for playing within the same area? Through line works -sometimes- when I join, but whenever I try to host and join through the link I make it never seems to let me go through? I'm probably loving something up but the whole process seems really obtuse for being a really fun game otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!

dragon enthusiast posted:

The game was originally local co-op only (much like Monster Hunter) and the true online co-op was only recently added in a bit of a hack job, assumedly for the western release (much like Monster Hunter).

Does Monster Strike appear to be completely restarting whenever you kiln your own LINE group? There's a thing that happens where your lobby resets to the last instantized one if you run out of RAM and MS gets put into suspend mode.

Note that the yellow "search for players" button is strictly for local play (within a few miles) while the green one is for creating online lobbies.

When you make a lobby and post it to the chat room, you need to click on the link yourself to join the room you created. Tabbing back to the game won't do anything. If you join somebody else's room and nothing shows up, usually that means either the host hasn't joined yet or he/she has already started the quest.

That all makes a lot of sense now! Thanks!

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!
Is it possible to throw your account on multiple devices using the backup feature, or does it lock on out when you activate the other?

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!

gwrtheyrn posted:

I think 10 pull normally guarantees you 4* and above, but with the event going, there should be no difference. Maybe it has higher 5* drop rate, but I don't think it does

single pulls guarantees rares, while the 10 at once guarantees super rares.

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!

dragon enthusiast posted:

Margarite is god tier and Tini top tier on the reroll list so as far as those are concerned they're great.

However the machine no longer has guaranteed 4* and up which means I hope you're ready to get trolled.

Is that some inside baseball knowledge? The single pull mentions being rare and 3*, but the ten is SR and 4* at least.

I've got over 150 stones too so I might wait until I'm nice and plastered this evening before I blow 'em. Oh, and how long until we might get hunter king's second form?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!

Roid666 posted:

So who went to the launch party and got an Alice then?

I got so loving jealous when I saw those grab bags pop up. Alice looks dope enough to be my next carrot, like B. B. Hood from darkstalkers.

• Locked thread