Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

winvirus posted:

He hasn't found the word. He disclosed the list of words that he tried. It's in there somewhere. That's hardly "having a word".

There are four of you with the list; working together, you'd have it within a day. Even not working together, narrowing it down would be fairly easy.

You may not count that as a word, but I do. I'm guessing whatever you got from PoP was similarly "not technically a word," which puts you at the same six that I have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

winvirus posted:

I also wanna know this

See, I'd also like this. Sure, voting for somebody with a lot of words may be good, but there could be people out there with as many or more. I'd rather see how other people are doing first.

And I think getting rid of liars is more important.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Thanatosian posted:

There are four of you with the list; working together, you'd have it within a day. Even not working together, narrowing it down would be fairly easy.

You may not count that as a word, but I do. I'm guessing whatever you got from PoP was similarly "not technically a word," which puts you at the same six that I have.

Three, byers is gone. And I submitted one of the words in my list today sooooo maybe i nailed it, maybe not! I don't know how you could nail it down in a day, what the heck

I did not receive a word from PoP, or a hint to his word, so calm down good god

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
"The same six" meaning we both have six, not the same six words. God, I hate not being able to edit.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Well, actually, I have 4, and a list of 13 words where one of them may be, so it's more like 4 + 1/13, which is not six

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

winvirus posted:

Three, byers is gone. And I submitted one of the words in my list today sooooo maybe i nailed it, maybe not! I don't know how you could nail it down in a day, what the heck

I did not receive a word from PoP, or a hint to his word, so calm down good god
What in the world would you give PoP your word for that isn't a word, or something awfully close to it?

I am hella calm. I spent Sunday playing board games after a nice brunch. It was pretty great.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

winvirus posted:

Well, actually, I have 4, and a list of 13 words where one of them may be, so it's more like 4 + 1/13, which is not six
Let's measure the improvement of 1/13 as opposed to 1/may-as-well-be-infinity.

Oh, yeah, would you look at that, over a hundred million percent improvement. :P

Narrowing down from a list of 13 isn't hard, doubly so if it's more than just you working on it (which is almost certainly why merk shared it).

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Maybe I traded him a word today for two tomorrow. Maybe I bought his position, or his trust, or his vote. Maybe I just freely gave it away because he was the lucky guy I contacted N1! Maybe he actually doesn't have my word at all and all of this is a ploy. You're distracting from the argument of how you're accusing me to have a whole bunch of words when I don't, and you seem to be in a serious power bloc

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Thanatosian posted:

Let's measure the improvement of 1/13 as opposed to 1/may-as-well-be-infinity.

Oh, yeah, would you look at that, over a hundred million percent improvement. :P

Narrowing down from a list of 13 isn't hard, doubly so if it's more than just you working on it (which is almost certainly why merk shared it).

Okay, so I have 4-bestcase-5 words, assuming merk wasn't lying to simply throw us off, which is possible. You still have more than anyone.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Strong Mouse posted:

See, I'd also like this. Sure, voting for somebody with a lot of words may be good, but there could be people out there with as many or more. I'd rather see how other people are doing first.

Strong Mouse, I'm guessing you were talking to Somber D2 re: this

Strong Mouse posted:

I kind of want to see what Somber says when I talk to him out of thread, so ##vote winvirus to keep my hope alive.

At this point in the game, I don't really think anybody is more of a threat than anybody else.

Did he tell you anything about who else was in contact with him? There should be a pretty short list of who potentially lied to him if that's really the case.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

winvirus posted:

Maybe I traded him a word today for two tomorrow. Maybe I bought his position, or his trust, or his vote. Maybe I just freely gave it away because he was the lucky guy I contacted N1! Maybe he actually doesn't have my word at all and all of this is a ploy. You're distracting from the argument of how you're accusing me to have a whole bunch of words when I don't, and you seem to be in a serious power bloc
I don't have a bloc, certainly not anywhere near as solid of one as you do.

And given that you're talking to MMM today, I may not have anyone at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEaKX9YYHiQ

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

I'm not talking to MMM. He didn't contact me AGAIN :(

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

And I definitely don't have a bloc. If I did, I'd have more than four words, bucko ;)

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

winvirus posted:

I'm not talking to MMM. He didn't contact me AGAIN :(

Huh, that's really weird. Because there is only one person I mentioned my "Winvirus is sanbagging" theory to. Using that exact term, too. And yet, somehow:

winvirus posted:

Also, merk, thano thinks I'm much more threatening than I actually am. He legitimately thinks I was sandbagging by submitting six letter words when in reality that was totally accidental because well sometimes i am not smart

So if you're not talking to MMM, I think we need to contact the James Randi Educational Foundation so you can claim your million-dollar prize with your telepathy.

I'm going to go ahead and ##vote winvirus, because while I don't believe merk or PoP, I now know for a fact that he's lying.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

Power of Pecota posted:

Strong Mouse, I'm guessing you were talking to Somber D2 re: this

Did he tell you anything about who else was in contact with him? There should be a pretty short list of who potentially lied to him if that's really the case.

Yes. After he turned in his guess, he asked if I lied to him, I said no, then he said that Hal was the other person he was talking to.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
So the person who lied was either me or Hal, and I'm not lying when I am talking OoT

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Thanatosian posted:

Huh, that's really weird. Because there is only one person I mentioned my "Winvirus is sanbagging" theory to. Using that exact term, too. And yet, somehow:

So if you're not talking to MMM, I think we need to contact the James Randi Educational Foundation so you can claim your million-dollar prize with your telepathy.

I'm going to go ahead and ##vote winvirus, because while I don't believe merk or PoP, I now know for a fact that he's lying.

Perhaps, just maybe, that person talked to MMM, and then to me

I mean this game is one big game of telephone it seems

but nooo winvirus is just some big ol' meany liar

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

So that means Hal is likely not very trustworthy. It corroborates some rumors I've heard.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

RARE LIVE PIC OF THANATOSIAN

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Strong Mouse posted:

Strong Mouse posted:

So the person who lied was either me or Hal, and I'm not lying when I am talking OoT

Is there a reason you aren't voting Hal off of this?

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

I'm willing to hear Hal out, and give him a day to explain his actions. It's actually possible that he isn't lying, and Somber is simply trying to throw shades of deceit on him to make a target out of him. In fact, that is a very somber-like tactic.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

winvirus posted:

RARE LIVE PIC OF THANATOSIAN
Video footage of winvirus and his alliance plotting against the rest of us:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r98uVJW7pYk

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

Power of Pecota posted:

Is there a reason you aren't voting Hal off of this?

I didn't want to jump on Hal before Somber confirmed who lied to him. And also:

winvirus posted:

I'm willing to hear Hal out, and give him a day to explain his actions. It's actually possible that he isn't lying, and Somber is simply trying to throw shades of deceit on him to make a target out of him. In fact, that is a very somber-like tactic.

I want to know what Hal says about it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yep. Hal and I had a straight trade on the table and he lied to me. After I called him on it, he gave me what he says is his 'real' word, which is in the incorrect guess document. I was waiting to see if he was still lying before bringing this forward.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
##vote Hal

If you're playing fair this early on, I'd rather have you around then somebody who is lying... even if you have the most words.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

Yep. Hal and I had a straight trade on the table and he lied to me. After I called him on it, he gave me what he says is his 'real' word, which is in the incorrect guess document. I was waiting to see if he was still lying before bringing this forward.

We could have someone test that 'real' word right now. I've already submitted though.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Thano it is essential I know the extent to which you lied to me yesterday.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

Thanatosian posted:

I have exchanged words with a couple of people, and am disinclined to vote for them because of it, which I suppose makes an alliance of sorts. But PoP was connected to three people day two, and I was only connected to two. And I'm only connected to two today today, one of whom I was connected to day 2.

Thana, are you willing to say the 3 people you've been connected with?

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

Out of curiosity, what was the word he gave you on the incorrect guess document? I'm sure you must expect that more than one of those are correct words meant to lure people off the trail.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

Strong Mouse posted:

##vote Hal

If you're playing fair this early on, I'd rather have you around then somebody who is lying... even if you have the most words.

I agree. Lying must be punished.

##vote Hal

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
AP, who did you talk to on day 2?
I am trying to figure something out.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Strong Mouse posted:

AP, who did you talk to on day 2?
I am trying to figure something out.

Winvirus. Funny story, actually. I thought we'd get to keep the people we had on day 1, so I just picked someone I didn't know anything about. :v:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Day one we couldn't talk to people.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Ah, right. Got all confused there. I actually picked Rarity that day. Mostly a random choice, really. Someone who was posting, but wasn't making the biggest waves.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

I like this ActingPower guy though he is just swell

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

What can I say? I'm a standup guy.

...Or are you being sarcastic because I revealed that we're talking right now? Because if that's the case, I'm sorry. :ohdear:

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

No I'm being serious you are cool :shobon:

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

I'm really bad at these games, though, so I'm mostly eyeballing it. That's why I don't talk very much.

But in any case. How are people voting? Anyone else wanna side with me 'n' Strong Mouse and go for Hal?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hal appears to have lied to me, so sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Like he literally sent me one PM all of day 1 and it has two lies in it I think.

• Locked thread