Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Are you still taking signups? If so I am interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Strong Mouse posted:

yo, Peeps, i've got my code word, and it is the grEatest code word ever. if i didN't know better, I would think that nobody could have any better word then waS given to me.

You're wrong, because my code word is the best code word.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Poque, is the thread going to remain open during night phases?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

There are no doubt several of us who, based on our code segments, are in a prime position right now.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

winvirus posted:

What do you mean? People with uncommon words?

That isn't the position I was taking in that post, but I'd be one of those as well. The word I got is seriously one of my very favorite words, isn't that lucky?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Poque how is your username pronounced? This is important.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

I definitely like the idea of voting out the lurkers first. Someone who isn't posting will also probably be incommunicado via PMs as well, and so voting them out is the only way to get their information.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Mine is also a dictionary word, just a very obscure one.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm just going to be "Team Guess Random Words" and shock everyone by winning tomorrow.

Hal do you want to be random guess buddies?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Strong Mouse posted:

I'm playing game "ignore me while I win everything". It isn't going perfect yet, but it's sure to work out.

Come join Team Fuckin Randos!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

So Hal, I'll call you, you call Mouse?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

I sort of see where he's coming from, mostly because the word is necessarily revealed when someone is voted out, while the position is only revealed half the time someone is voted out. I still think the word is more valuable, as position is far easier to guess than the word.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Yeah I've been reading the thread but haven't been posting much as I don't really know what I have to add to the conversation at the moment.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

I'm going to ##vote winvirus, since I haven't talked to him OoT and I'm scared of how good he is at games.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

You know what, why not.

##vote somber

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Rarity posted:

One too many letters there

BUTTMAD?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

I was going to get in touch with you for tomorrow!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

merk posted:

Hal, I think, out of everyone, I know the absolute least about : you, your word, what you know, who you've talked to, what makes you 'tick'.

What gives?

I talked to him the first couple of nights, and he gave me nothing!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Hal Incandenza posted:

As opposed to you, a font of giving me stuff!

Also merk, you really should know my word or at least have a decent guess at it. I gave you a pretty big hint.

Oh I misremembered and thought I had. I still gave you more information than you gave me! Also you didn't respond to my message on day 3 </3

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Maybe my memory is just bad, Hal! Did you ever think of that???

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

winvirus posted:

Yeah, on further introspection, I think I'm okay with a Thanos vote. Or perhaps EXAKT, since he seems like he wants me gone and has been playing very tight to the chest

I don't want you gone, necessarily, I'm just a little scared of you because of how good you are at games. I didn't even end up voting you yesterday!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

winvirus posted:

Hey, EXAKT, Rarity, could I get a letter from your guys' words too? I know this might not be making sense but I think I'm on the verge of an interesting strategy that could help things go smoothlier

O

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

If y'all want my word, you could try asking for it
I'm totally willing to negotiate with the people who are in contact with me, but that's evidently very few of you
Assuming I survive, anyone who wants to talk and probably get a word should get in touch with me. For now, though, ##vote Power of Pecota.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

It's a safer defensive move to vote you, as you have the most votes. Also, I wanted to talk to merk tomorrow.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Winvirus, my word is AXOLOTL.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Power of Pecota posted:

Any reason you're still voting me bubby?

Well, you're still voting me <3

##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Thanatosian posted:

I had 12 words and 11 positions before MMM posted his list (drat you, merk!). It was a coinflip.

I bribed THE gently caress out of EXAKT Science. He was going to pick up the torch if I went down (i.e. I was going to full info dump to him if it looked like I was going down).

I needed the extra guesses and extra vote to stay alive, I figured there was a very good chance I would go down, so it seemed like a good-on-all-sides deal. Offered ActingPower something similar, too. I was not expecting it to end today.

Yeah, I was perfectly happy to do it. I honestly wasn't playing to win at all. It was way more fun to watch the wheeling and dealing happening in-thread, and conspiring with Than the last two days was fun as heck. Seriously, well done, mate

• Locked thread