Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I didn't review this game did I? I reviewed someone's code game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am in Germany. I am flying back tomorrow.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
We should eliminate whoever voted me. Real weak sauce. Just landed.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote MmM

His word is jerk.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

ActingPower posted:

Ugh, voting. The worst part of games like this. I could vote for merk, since he hasn't had the opportunity to add much to the conversation. I could vote for someone I don't like. Or I could just vote for winvirus, since he's the one currently ahead and a vote for anyone else wouldn't make a difference (except for Somber, I guess).

...What the heck. Until someone can convince me otherwise, ##vote winvirus.

This dude is a real snake. At least MMM had the brass to put a lovely vote on me. You just set yourself up to be lovely.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote ActingShitty

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
PoP you should call me

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am calling Hal.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Someone link the spreadsheet please. I haven't guessed yet today

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
We need to add attribution to the guess list so we can be concerned about or find liars later on the game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Like whoever said catfish failed could have catfish as their word.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Here's my failed list:
Similar
Chicago
Atlanta
Smoking
Sneaker
Florida
Seattle
Academy
Account
Abdomen
Deficit
Century
Daycare

I didn't guess my own word in its spot because that's dumb. If I repeated something already done sorry. Doing this in a cab.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm disappointed that Poque didn't handpick WRIGLEY as a word.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm not really sure how to develop a strategy to win this game. Even if you stay alive, you can kill your chances of winning by disclosure.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If you enter an f2 alliance and disclose stuff both ways, you setup a race condition if you actually stay true to the f2.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Byers2142 posted:

Any strong alliance is going to be based around a race condition. The only other option is to lie, which is by definition not a strong alliance.

I expect someone from an f2 alliance will not win this game. There is almost a requirement that you backstab your partner at f3 to remove the race condition. In Survivor, an f2 alliance can make it to the end because you get to convince your peers to vote you over your f2 buddy. You don't have to backstab your buddy to have a chance; you have to convince your peers that you played a better game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I think the alliance that wins this game is in the form of 'f2/f3 until f5' or something similar. Get it out in the open that everything resets when you're down to some set amount of players.

If you're hoping to ally with me, that's what I'll be looking to see.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
PoP let's ally

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
winvirus you can join

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Thanatosian posted:

Right, but because of the way out-of-thread communication works in this game, the people you're partnered with PM-wise early on are going to be your natural coalition partners throughout the game.

Which puts you and Rarity on a team with this mysterious third person, and PoP, Winvirus, and Byers on another team. Clearly, both of those are possibly larger than that, but I hope not, because otherwise I'm hosed. Or maybe I hope so, because then I get to be kingmaker? Who knows. Or maybe the third is a connection between those two groups...

##vote Thanatosian

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Byers2142 posted:

I can't? I'm talking with PoP, too.

Man, always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

You can join too but only one more. Then, we're full.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'd like to advocate that we all get on IRC to make OOT chat easier.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Thanatosian posted:

That is cheating.

Byers2142 posted:

Unfortunately, we technically can't talk except through our actual contacts. Like, I can only talk to PoP. I can ask him to say things to you or winvirus, but I can't talk OOT directly to you.

If we're in IRC, then we can use private messaging to talk. We wouldn't all be in one chat room.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Yes, and it's way easier to ctrl-c/ctrl-v in IRC than it is through PMs.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

Relax, man. Merk isn't even revved up yet.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
what

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am connected to Hal - I initiated that connection. Why couldn't Hal be connected to winvirus?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote byers

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm connected to PoP who is connected to Byers. I didn't say anything to PoP about anything helpful besides what I just sent to you in a PM.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I also told PoP that my word is not a city name.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I've decided to play this game 'straight,' unlike my Survivor experience. I will not tell a lie this game.

The first time I lie, please vote me out.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm doing poorly in this game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hey people in alliances backstab your allies so I have a chance of going further. Thanks.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Some alliance is out there with three words known in the right spot, probably not the words that have been publicly declared through people dying either.

Some people are powerful, too powerful. Let's knock them down to the stone age.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I feel like ##vote somber is in this alliance.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
somber, I will vote for the person who lied to you if you reveal that person. Your failure to reveal that person makes me think you said that to try to downplay your position.

I do no like it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am in zero alliances. I was in a joke in-thread alliance. I'll happily reveal the entirety of my OOT communication:

1. I connected with Rarity, PoP, and Hal on night 1. PoP had some thing going on with Byers that seemed confusing to me. Byers apparently wanted to use the fake word "TEARFUL" as currency to get information out of people. I'm unsure whether "TEARFUL" is actually fake or not. PoP seems legit OOT, but we didn't talk much because we were both busy. Hal, same thing. I am not in an alliance with either player, although I did propose one to Hal and he kind of accepted. I'm not sure if he thinks we're in an alliance or not at this point. I'm not sure if we are or not at this point. Rarity and I spoke a bit but not much came from it.

2. I am connected right now with winvirus and Strong Mouse. I like speaking with winvirus, but we haven't done anything interesting. I haven't spoken to Strong Mouse because I only have him (her?) on Steam and I'm only on Steam when I'm playing dota.

I've found one word through random guessing. I disclosed the guess that prompted the result to Hal, winvirus, and PoP. I have done nothing else exciting.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I also know that PoP was connected to winvirus on night 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I also know winvirus' word, but I'm not sure whether it's his real word or anyone's real word because I haven't tested it yet.

• Locked thread