Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I would like to play since this is not Mafia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

BRUCECHEN

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

My word is an awesome real word that will kill all your words.

Also I am heading to a Nuggets game right now but I will watch up when I get home.

Also also I will work with anyone who isn't a douche.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I would make an exception for you!

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Power of Pecota posted:

Following Byers' proposition for voting gives everyone a chance to play, following Somber's doesn't.

That's a very good point!

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I wasn't offended!

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Byers2142 posted:

Why are people trying to force hard alliances, anyway? Somber and Rarity have been hammering that there's a de facto alliance, not MMM is trying to label everyone in an alliance of some sort.

Yeah, I don't get it either. To be frank, I haven't really considered the best course of action, but I feel like I would work with literally anyone at this point, and the only reason I would have to vote someone out wold be if I thought they were somehow super good at puzzles and wouldn't ever have any interest in working with me. I don't know that I support any of these proposed schemes.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm just going to be "Team Guess Random Words" and shock everyone by winning tomorrow.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EXAKT Science posted:

Hal do you want to be random guess buddies?

Yes, that would be AWESOME

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

I am in Germany. I am flying back tomorrow.

Merk's word is GERMANY

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Nevermore214 posted:

I guessed germany earlier... It's not Germany.

How do you know???

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I just sent my word list, I am excited to find out the results. I feel like I nailed at least 3 of them

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

This game is rigged, none of my words were right

VICEROY
WRIGLEY
ADDISON
PEQUODS
CASTLES
COBBLES
TACTICS
CATSHIT
TRIDENT
CATFISH
THISTLE
WHISTLE
MISSILE

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

MildManeredManikin posted:

That's a good catch actually, I'll consider it.

What are your thoughts on merk?

That's funny, I was just thinking earlier that I feel like nevermore revealed his location which isn't a good idea.

If I understand the rules correctly we still find out the location of the person we kill on odd numbered day the day after though, or did I misread that? It just takes an extra day?

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Poque posted:

The placement is only revealed for people who are eliminated on even-numbered days. I won't ever reveal the placement of segments from odd-numbered-day eliminations.

I am literally the worst. Everyone visit me tonight so you can tell me how to play the game.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Probably best to ##vote Nevermore sorry guy

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

We should eliminate whoever voted me. Real weak sauce. Just landed.

Merk's word is WHOEVER

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm surprised people even used their own words in this first round. There was a 0% chance I would get all 13 right so why not just guess one more word instead of confirming what you already knew?

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

I'm disappointed that Poque didn't handpick WRIGLEY as a word.

Same. I thought ADDISON would be good too.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

If we're in IRC, then we can use private messaging to talk. We wouldn't all be in one chat room.

That seems fair

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I almost called you last night MMM, sorry buddy!

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

winvirus posted:

I have not heard from PoP

And sorry MMM I read it backwards

Winvirus let us have an in-thread alliance. We can share our words in spoiler tags. No one will look.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Byers2142 posted:

Hal, you're connected to merk OOT, not winvirus, right?

Yes

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am ok with ##vote Byers

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Who is out there spreading these lies? Tell us Byers!

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

I am connected to Hal - I initiated that connection. Why couldn't Hal be connected to winvirus?

I could be, but I'm not. But Byers knew we were connected somehow so obviously there is some circle of connection between you and byers/winvirus/PoP and misinformation is being spread through that.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somber did you really not even test my word today before saying that? What's up with that.

Merk, I can't remebember what IS aid to you exactly, but regarding my word I told you the truth. I think I didn't tell you I was with Somber but that's because he asked me not to.

So, yes, I originally gave somber a fake word and as soon as I tested his I gave him the real word. I suppose you can say I lied but in the end I held up my half of our bargain.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ekaxt contacted me last night and he has sent me a PM which I haven't responded to. I also talked to him yesterday but it didn't result in anything of consequence.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

MildManeredManikin posted:

Hal did you contact Somber?

I have contacted Somber and PoP, merk contacted me N1, Exakt both nights.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Strong Mouse posted:

You contacted somber night 1? Then who did somber contact?

I think he said... acting power?

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

Hal's word checked out so I'm not going to vote him for lying, even though he was uncouth enough to only come forward once I called him out.

Well to be fair, I was going to tell you regardless of being called out or not, and if I wasn't I could have kept lying to you! But thank you.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Thanatosian posted:

Hal, we have made some room for you on the Winvirus bandwagon. It's a seat next to that pretty girl you have a crush on.

I dunno, you seem to have a lot of words (more than me anyway) and I know nothing about winvirus or how many words he might know...

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somber have you told anyone else your word?

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Thanatosian posted:

Also keep in mind, Hal, that merk has four words without having given anyone his word. My guess is that their plan is to sit on his word until they've eliminated all of the competition, making it impossible for anyone else to win no matter how many words anyone else has. And very shortly they're going to have the votes to be unstoppable.

Four words besides the two we all know?

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somber you dirty liar.

##vote Somber

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

Haha, I just found out Acting used my word in place of his for trades.

Gosh who would do such a thing!

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Even though I am irate that Somber would publically call me a liar in the thread while secretly lying to me the entire time after I was straight with him (and also trying to make me feel bad about it privately) I can agree with voting Thantos since he appears to be just as shady.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Didn't realize it was a tie ##vote Thanatosian

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

winvirus posted:

How did Somb lie to you, also? I'm curious.

It's clear now that he was offering to trade his word to me, but he gave me someone else's word. He still gave me a word, which is cool, but he was making a big show of giving me HIS word and that isn't what he did. I don't think. If I am reading things right.

Plus I don't like him coming in here and telling everyone I lied to him when in the end I gave him my actual word of my own volition. He's probably now giving people my word and passing it off as his own. The way he handled everything is very slimy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

I gave you a word for a word. You gave me a word for garbage and then changed your mind.

Because I (correctly) didn't entirely trust you.

• Locked thread