Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

What are some other epic premium features to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
Is it them just playing MGS1?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Thanks bombguys. Don’t ever stop.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fargield posted:

Is it them just playing MGS1?

It's Dan and Drew, and it's Drew's first time playing a Metal Gear series and it's Dan's favorite series, so it's pretty epic.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Later on apparently they get face cams so you can see Drew look all confused and Dan look like he's about to basejump for the first time every time Drew narrowly misses being spotted or killed.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

There's another series where Dan and Drew go through 90's demo discs, it's good

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Jackie D posted:

I think this is a spinoff of that once they encountered MGS on a demo disc.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Jackie D posted:

sign me up

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
can uwatch the podcasts, in video form?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I dunno yet, this is the only thing I tried to watch.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't keep up with this podcast individually though, I just wait for This Year to compile it.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
The Mario Party Party is pretty funny, its just one video but they play a round of Mario Party 1 for 50 turns. Jeff is so desperate to get it over with, and they get really competitive about it. Well Dan does anyway. I gotta watch the Metal Gear stuff too.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

yeah, the mario party vid was hilarious. dan's WoW videos are kind of cute since he's never played an MMO before and is really retarded yet enthusiastic about it. the pathfinder series is really good. bioforge is kinda funny, and there's a vinny playthrough of dark souls + a brad playthrough of demon's souls if you're into that

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Watch them play Bioforge

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
spookin' with scoops XD

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Psycobladder posted:

The Mario Party Party is pretty funny, its just one video but they play a round of Mario Party 1 for 50 turns. Jeff is so desperate to get it over with, and they get really competitive about it. Well Dan does anyway.
that was the only giantbomb thing that ever seriously tempted me to get premium there
I still didnt, in the end

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

PrBacterio posted:

that was the only giantbomb thing that ever seriously tempted me to get premium there
I still didnt, in the end

Clown rear end.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

The Bioforge videos are really good. I liked Vinny's Dark Souls playthrough too.

I am honestly super pumped to see Drew tackle MGS2

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Are they charging for a glorified Let's Play. What has the world come to.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dan is cool as hell. Hearing him freak out over MGS is epic, he sounds like he's having an aneurysm. "Gh... More! MORE! Rrgh! Guh!"

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

Dan is cool as hell. Hearing him freak out over MGS is epic, he sounds like he's having an aneurysm. "Gh... More! MORE! Rrgh! Guh!"

in the demo derbies hes seriously like "this reminds me of in mgs where" every 5 minutes

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

in the demo derbies hes seriously like "this reminds me of in mgs where" every 5 minutes

lmao

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION
There's a number of good UPF's as well, though I got bored of them after a while. Too much dead air. Worth poking around them anyways.

Their 3DO retrospective though, Jeff and Ryan's reaction to Plumbers Don't Wear Ties is pretty great. Whole thing is worth watching, don't spoil it by skipping to the end.

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
anything where the play gangbeasts

e anything without alex navarro or patrick

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

The CDi stream is cool too

and

Skeleton King posted:

anything where the play gangbeasts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhS27M_kAsg

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i am not enthralled by the giant bomb cult of personality personally.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
audrey is hot

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

stoutfish posted:

they are our friends in gaming

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

stoutfish posted:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

giant bomb is god's gift to gamers. "journalists" we can trust.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
couldn't imagine to paying money to watch people play video games... *looked at lp the other day* mother fucker where doo i sign up for the giantbomb content

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The eps with the face cams are freakin' epic.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i feel like giantbomb hasn't found itself yet after all the dark things that have happened to them, but i hope they get where they need to be.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i fear that jeff will leave after brad has been fully groomed as "fat guy in charge of things", and then they will truly be doomed.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bHvJ_G8yD4 This first clip FTW.

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

BKPR posted:

i fear that jeff will leave after brad has been fully groomed as "fat guy in charge of things", and then they will truly be doomed.

brad has gotten really fat, like, really fat

he also posts on SA under the name 'rooks' if i remember correctly.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The way Dan when he doesn't know what a word means just shamelessly asks anyone who's listening is really win. It's also win when he tells stories like about drinking beer with the russian Mafia or skating up to a bully on a field trip in his Catholic school and punching him in the face.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Skeleton King posted:

brad has gotten really fat, like, really fat

he also posts on SA under the name 'rooks' if i remember correctly.
but where would he find the time to post on SA in between all of his dota sessions :ohdear:

muddream
Oct 13, 2014

giantbomb deserve everyone's money for years of entertaining quicklooks alone.

i hope cbs rewards dan for his unlimited trust in giant faceless corporations by having him leapfrog brad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

the persona 4 endurance run is the great american novel

• Locked thread