Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm halfway through and really digging it. Tons of references to old-timey media, which I really appreciate. This is a cool model and I hope they do more miniseries like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Got through it all, found it very satisfying and an all-in-all well-done miniseries.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Reminder that Pottsfield is a reference to "potter's field", aka a graveyard.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I've rewatched a few segments, and I have to say, cartoons are in a genuine Renaissance. It's amazing to see.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Crabtree posted:

Its certainly freaky to think about what the heck Adelae really was at this point. Replacing their brains with yarn? Weakness to air. Some sort of knitting mummy?

She has the "black widow" mark on her back. Yarn spider.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I made sure to re-watch the Auntie Whispers episode, because I hate it when those episodes "cheat" by having people talk in a way they wouldn't just so they can be misunderstood. I think this one cheated a bit but mostly makes sense on re-watch. (It always makes sense "literally" but I mean in terms of the dialogue smoothly meaning what the speaker intended)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I was with you on #1, but with the same problem. What connects the turtles and the Beast? Even Auntie Whispers ate one with no problem.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

don Jaime posted:

This was such a great show. I'm amazed it ever got made; it reminds me of the Avatar episode where two characters are tricked and executed, but no one was allowed to use the words "died" or "killed" in a show about a war. Over the Garden Wall is set in the land of the dead and is full of allusions, like two coins to ride the ferry. "Die," "kill," and even "murder" turn up naturally in speech. And no one is having a fit about it and it's a great show for kids. It won't, but I wish it would win a slew of Emmys. This is genius work that should be taught in film schools.

The cemetery is called the "Eternal Garden". The title "Over the Garden Wall" is definitely referencing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It's on iTunes! That's how I got it early.

• Locked thread