Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

You are now ruled by someone with a 98 Cavalier. Tremble, those who have worthwhile cars. You will be made to pay tribute.

A very creppy Halloween.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

All cars are sacred, holy creatures

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I had an 01 Cavalier and I once waxed and polished it because I was so proud of it. All cars are our friends, sometimes they just take a little love to bring them out of their shell.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Worthwile cars? Clearly you haven't seen my Kia.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I used to drive a mid-80s Cavalier. One time the steering wheel drat near came off the column in my hands while I was driving. My next car, a 1990 Thunderbird with the V6, felt powerful by comparison.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
My ex had a 98 Sunfire, which is basically the same thing.

She eventually went on a psycho Christian kick and shut me out of blowjobs, so I broke up with her.

I feel like this is adequate payback.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
I like cars so much I bought 57 of them.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
There were a few guys at my high school with lovely modified cavaliers. One even had underglow and random bits of the interior spray painted red (it's always red).

I guess in their defense both cars were manuals with the Quad4 engine but, still, eugh.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

We pay tribute to the automotive Gods with our blood, sweat, and tears everytime we work on our cars. For every rusted bolt we free, for every overengineered part we replace, for every proper fix and half-assed repair, we thank the gods for the glory of the internal combustion engine and soon we will be thankful for the quiet terror of torque of the electric motor. We pay tribute so that we may enjoy those fleeting moments behind the wheel, those moments where man and machine become one, the mechanical an extension of ourselves.

The automotive Gods are Just, they do not discriminate against those who are pure of heart, from the rustiest hoopty to the most powerful of exotics, if your heart is pure and intentions noble you are accepted in the eyes of the Gods. But there are demons we must watch for, hellaflush and ricer, we must avoid staring into the Vortex lest it swallow us whole. If you've strayed off the path you need not fear eternal damnation, repentance is possible in the eyes of the Gods.

We revel in the thought of taking an old beaten and forgotten miserable car and showering it in love so that it may raise itself from the oxide reborn as the mighty turbo phoenix. And we lust after giant offroad diesels, and carbonfiber beauties that want to kill. Whatever your perversion you'll find others who share it. This has become a sacred place, AI, for grearheads on all walks to enjoy and share their experiences in the light of the true gods. For us to show our own tributes to the gods.

So do tell, false mod of AI, for what are we paying you tribute?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I offer up to the altar of blood these four leaky struts and warped rotors that I may be saved.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
My offering is that of an old Volvo B230, finally struck down after 320k miles of loyal service, so that my other projects might live again.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
I have a 96 Ranger with Batman logos. :iiam:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
CHAOS REIGNS

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I need to know how our new moderator feels about stance/scene cars

ITS A LIFESTYLE YOU WOULDNT UNDERSTAND ART ETC

or

THIS IS DUMB poo poo AND YOU PURPOSELY RUINED YOUR CAR

K thx

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Bajaha posted:

We pay tribute to the automotive Gods with our blood, sweat, and tears everytime we work on our cars. For every rusted bolt we free, for every overengineered part we replace, for every proper fix and half-assed repair, we thank the gods for the glory of the internal combustion engine and soon we will be thankful for the quiet terror of torque of the electric motor. We pay tribute so that we may enjoy those fleeting moments behind the wheel, those moments where man and machine become one, the mechanical an extension of ourselves.

The automotive Gods are Just, they do not discriminate against those who are pure of heart, from the rustiest hoopty to the most powerful of exotics, if your heart is pure and intentions noble you are accepted in the eyes of the Gods. But there are demons we must watch for, hellaflush and ricer, we must avoid staring into the Vortex lest it swallow us whole. If you've strayed off the path you need not fear eternal damnation, repentance is possible in the eyes of the Gods.

We revel in the thought of taking an old beaten and forgotten miserable car and showering it in love so that it may raise itself from the oxide reborn as the mighty turbo phoenix. And we lust after giant offroad diesels, and carbonfiber beauties that want to kill. Whatever your perversion you'll find others who share it. This has become a sacred place, AI, for grearheads on all walks to enjoy and share their experiences in the light of the true gods. For us to show our own tributes to the gods.

So do tell, false mod of AI, for what are we paying you tribute?

Yeah what he said

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
If u light a candle in the bathroom at night n say Maserati 5 times while lookin in the mirror u will wake up AND UR CAR WILL BE AN EX RENTAL OUT OF WARRANTY BITURBO

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

If u light a candle in the bathroom at night n say Maserati 5 times while lookin in the mirror u will wake up AND UR CAR WILL BE AN EX RENTAL OUT OF WARRANTY BITURBO

That's a crazy story and it's not even all that scary because there is no way a Biturbo came with a warranty.

e: oh my god i tried it and my ignition switch turned into one from a cobalt

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Sanford and Sons crew represent :banjo: 6 $500 cars > 1 $3000 car.

I've already paid my tribute by allowing stray cats to live in my basement and living room.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

IOwnCalculus is my mechanic; I shall not want.

He maketh me to lie down sick donuts in empty parking lots: he leadeth me beside the quarter mile drags.

He restoreth my S2000: he leadeth me in the paths of Senna for his name's sake.

Yea, though I drive through the valley of the shadow of CreppyMonkey, I will fear no evil, for IOwnCalculus art with me; thy rod and thy crankshaft they comfort me.

Thou preparest an SBC before me in the presence of weird Pet Island moderators: thou anointest its head with oil; its crankcase runneth over.

Surely fastness and reliability shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the subforum of IOwnCalculus for ever.

Amen.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

kastein posted:

Sanford and Sons crew represent :banjo: 6 $500 cars > 1 $3000 car.

I've already paid my tribute by allowing stray cats to live in my basement and living room.

My bicycle cost more than most of my cars.

My tribute was putting 20,000 miles on a yugo.

and doing 100mph in it.

E: VVVVV I'm innocent. :11tea:

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Oct 31, 2014

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

"WELCOME TO MY REIGN OF TERROR" Psssshhh.. You obviously have no clue what CSB is capable of.. :stonk:

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Slow is Fast posted:

I need to know how our new moderator feels about stance/scene cars

THIS IS DUMB poo poo AND YOU PURPOSELY RUINED YOUR CAR

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

cursedshitbox posted:

My tribute was putting 20,000 miles on a yugo.

and doing 100mph in it.

while praiseworthy, technically pushing a yugo off a cliff does not count as "doing 100mph"

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

CreppyMonkey posted:

while praiseworthy, technically pushing a yugo off a cliff does not count as "doing 100mph"

I like your style kid, you've got moxie.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

CreppyMonkey posted:

Tremble, those who have worthwhile cars.

Welp, looks like I don't have to worry.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Why buy wide-rear end tyres and then only have half of them contact the road. Just buy tires that are half as wide, nerd.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGsDB5n0RF8&t=5s

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Why buy wide-rear end tyres and then only have half of them contact the road. Just buy tires that are half as wide, nerd.

But hey at least this way, when you go to rotate your tires you can just flip them around on the wheels and it's like new tires all over again.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

CreppyMonkey posted:

I want to double the resale value of my Yugo. Any suggestions?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Steal about fifty pounds of copper pipes from a construction site and put them in the trunk.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Safety Dance posted:

Steal about five pounds of copper pipes from a construction site and put them in the trunk.

Fixed that for you.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Are you doing anything special for us bike bros?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Chichevache posted:

Are you doing anything special for us bike bros?

yes, mostly not checking my mirror when turning

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Developing Smarter Mechanics.
Since 1989.

CreppyMonkey posted:

That's only funny until it happens to your father and he spends weeks in a coma.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

CreppyMonkey posted:

:drat:

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

th vwls hv scpd posted:

That's only funny until it happens to your father and he spends weeks in a coma.

Yeah then it's loving hilarious

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

oh hey i guess my buttons work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Developing Smarter Mechanics.
Since 1989.

CreppyMonkey posted:

oh hey i guess my buttons work