Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
my favority video game is posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

BKPR posted:

this would be my answer but the idea of having a "favorite" game undermines the medium

Agreed, you don't ask an art enthusiast about their "favorite" painting.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
thief 2

Alas Boobylon
Sep 30, 2014

Monkey Fracas posted:

RE4 may be the best game ever made

possibly

lonesomedwarf posted:

ADOM i really like ADOM one day someone will talk to me about adom and they will have played it too and i will be like :d:hf::D with them

i played ADOM a lot and while from a programming standpoint its beautiful the fact that the game cannot be beaten without spoilers and 90% of the programming is the game trolling you to prevent you from winning, to the point where the first hundred or so moves you make can prevent you from truly winning one million turns later is, in a word, extremely faggoty and unfun and moral of the story im glad the programmers mom died and he cried about it

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

earthbound forever and ever. yes I am one of those "fanboys"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
ADOM sound slike the kind of game that would be made by a guy with 1500 usenet posts about how nethack was great until the devs started pandering to casuals

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Paper mario thousand year door is pretty much the best video game

Alas Boobylon
Sep 30, 2014

paranoid randroid posted:

ADOM sound slike the kind of game that would be made by a guy with 1500 usenet posts about how nethack was great until the devs started pandering to casuals

yes

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Alas Boobylon posted:

possibly

i played ADOM a lot and while from a programming standpoint its beautiful the fact that the game cannot be beaten without spoilers and 90% of the programming is the game trolling you to prevent you from winning, to the point where the first hundred or so moves you make can prevent you from truly winning one million turns later is, in a word, extremely faggoty and unfun and moral of the story im glad the programmers mom died and he cried about it

:D :hf: :D

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
majora's mask, best game, superb, no equal, wow, just wow :wow:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I like the one where you shoot things and spend a lot of money on your video card to play faster

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf

a starwar betamax posted:

my favority video game is posting

um MODS!?

favoprite game is RCT

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.

Phoon posted:

mount n blade warband

Yep. Its really good.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

rudatron posted:

wow, just wow :wow:

generative grammer
Jul 28, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I'm the annoying nerd who can't shut up about Monkey Island 1&2 and became a cranky grandpa who would never try anything new after turning 16 years old

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

duke nukem 3d

Sas
Oct 29, 2014

Tabletop Sim, Civ 4 and Fallout Tactics so far. But I haven't played Wasteland 2 yet.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

In sheer hours of gameplay it's Spelunky but my favorite game ever is Castlevania SOTN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACb-u_PlF8s

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I like Skyrim, Saints Row 4, Facebook, and Pinterest.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Hatred

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Elder Skrollz til I DIE

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
adom is fun but yeah that game will do nothing but gently caress you unreasonably. towards the end of me playing it i save scummed like hell and still probably only made it like halfway through or something. even with all that though it still feels like the coolest loving rogue like ever

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good

Phoon posted:

mount n blade warband
mountain blade is good yes. i agree with this post

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
also morrowind is probably my all time fav game

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
hmmm, if I went by just hours played it'd be Quake, Gloom mod for quake2, Xenogears, World of Warcraft, C&C: Tiberium Sun, Warcraft 3, World of Tanks, Killing Floor, Awesomenauts, PS1 Doom, Age of Empires 2, Demon Souls, Dark Souls and stuff. honest answers only for op

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

tvayisnihyaami posted:

final fantasy 11 was the best game ever made (it sucks now but it used to be the best)

That's the game I've put the most hours in. Early XI was a loving grind but I knew a few guys who played which made it fun. By the time I got pretty good at a few jobs it was pretty awesome. Chains of Promathia was the best.

Realtalk though my favorites are probably Tactics Ogre, Final Fantasy Tactics, Civilization V, Chrono Trigger, A Link to the Past, Final Fantasy VI, and the EA NHL games.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
dont even talk to me unless you unlocked scar in robopon

Sas
Oct 29, 2014

Voted Worst Mom posted:

dont even talk to me unless you unlocked scar in robopon

hi! what's robopon?

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Fallout 2, Total Annihilation and Lemmings

Sas
Oct 29, 2014

Beef Turret posted:

Fallout 2, Total Annihilation and Lemmings

god I love fallout 1 and 2, but that tutorial mission in F2 was horrible.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Like, life man

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

That game isn't very good imo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGqCPyJSFsw

Jones in the fast lane is cool though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJQ8LyOMl3E

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
i like a lot of games op!

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
Misogyny Simulator 5

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

"Don't be nice. Be good."
I'm really into old videogames from the 90's, particularly those pertaining to 16-bit consoles. I live in Spain and brought a Super Nintendo back after visiting family in the US. A buddy of mine had just got a PS4 and invited me over to play some Destiny or some poo poo. I brought the Super Nintendo and a couple of games. I also had to bring a power converter. We played on the PS4 for quite a bit but then we plugged in the SNES. We had more loving fun duking it out in Street Fighter II Turbo and playing Tecmo Super Bowl than we had ever had on the PS3 or loving PS4, that is, until the power converter blew the gently caress out after playing for 30 mins. Anyways, no favorite videogame here, there are just too many good ones.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
...of all time? Red Alert 2, Carmageddon 2, WoW, maybe.

Dieland
Sep 12, 2014

Alpaca Evolution

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
Escape Velocity Override

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

No More Heroes posted:

Final Fantasy 7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

psyopmonkey posted:

I like Skyrim, Saints Row 4, Facebook, and Pinterest.

this but unironically :twisted:

• Locked thread