Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Thauros posted:

Barrett's character has been tweaked but no more than a lot of people's during th e same period and is still definitely recognizable. Of course, the best he's achieved since getting kicked out is a couple IC title runs so it's not exactly high praise to note him as the most prominent guy whose career was launched by the Nexus.

i'm honestly amazed wade barrett was never pushed to pre-unification WHC level. it seemed like a given.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Cardboard Box posted:

i'm honestly amazed wade barrett was never pushed to pre-unification WHC level. it seemed like a given.

rumor has it he was penciled in to win the mitb briefcase in 2012 but then he was injured in the battle royal from hell

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

rumor has it he was penciled in to win the mitb briefcase in 2012 but then he was injured in the battle royal from hell

And instead, we got Ziggler's reign. I see no real downside (except for Ziggler's actual title reign, and that's mostly on him and Swagger).

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Senerio posted:

And instead, we got Ziggler's reign. I see no real downside (except for Ziggler's actual title reign, and that's mostly on him and Swagger).

I'm not sure you can really blame Dolph for getting concussed by a sloppy worker.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'm not sure you can really blame Dolph for getting concussed by a sloppy worker.

No, but the twitter stuff between the concussion and his return didn't do him any favors.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Someone go back and find how many wrestlers became sloppy dangerous workers because one of PSPs faves got hurt

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Someone go back and find how many wrestlers became sloppy dangerous workers because one of PSPs faves got hurt

Bam Neely is history's greatest monster.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

Bam Neely is history's greatest monster.

Only if true evil is in doing nothing, which Bam Neely did a lot of.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Lid posted:

Orton is less a lock than I consider because he's erratic. He's essentially a main eventing Teddy Hart and survives on that they need him. He may clean up his act with maturity, but he has serious problems right now.

Lashley on the other hand is only lacking in that he's huge but not a monster because of his promo's. Lesnar could do promo's very well, and for a long time had Heyman as his mouth piece while Batista has charisma out the ying yang. Lashley sounds nothing like a real monster and doesn't have significant mix skills.

Cena will still be main eventing as Vince wants to build the entire company around him seeing him as the hailer of the next golden age of wrestling as Stone Cold and The Rock were to the attitude era. Unfortunately he has forgotten that Stone Cold was always better as the anti-authority figure hunting the world title.

Shelton Benjamin is a possibility for a main eventer but he needs two things: new wrestling gear and better promo skills. He has ability higher than the rest of the roster but is perpetually stuck as king of the midcard. He could do well with a Chris Benoit-esque overhaul when it becomes "he doesn't need to say a word, he's simply better than you".

Ken Doane will be maineventing a wrestlemania in a few years, I can guarantee that. Although stuck as being the "leader" of the spirit squad he has great mic skills, great charisma, can easily get heel heat and is a great worker.

Paul Burchill will one day get an intercontinental title reign, but beyond that is questionable.

CM Punk is going to be the foil to John Cena's "I am a trooper and people's champion and the chain gang is in full effect." It will be arrogance, egotism, sarcasm and wrestling ability to combat it. Also I want to see him give Cena a reverse frankensteiner through a table like he did to Chris Hero during their TLC match.

Well good to see I was right on Cena and Punk. Less happy to see I was wrong on Shelton X Benjamin. Still think Burchill should've gotten that IC run if Vince didn't end his gimmick because he through "pirate" in wrestling meant Jean-Pierre Lafitte.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I mean not for nothing but Swagger has injured multiple people in his career.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Jerusalem posted:

Only if true evil is in doing nothing, which Bam Neely did a lot of.

My favorite Bam Neely thing is that when everyone was getting their custom entrance graphics on the new Raw/Smackdown/ECW sets his was just a bunch of static and white noise. It was just so perfect.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jerusalem posted:

I've been really impressed with the way Bobby Lashley has been handled. They haven't pushed him to the moon too soon, they got his undefeated streak out of the way, and most importantly they have him working consistent matches with guys like Regal, Booker T, Finlay and Benoit who can all teach him so much about wrestling, ringwork, psychology etc, etc.

I pick that in five years time (probably sooner) he is going to be a huge star, but only IF they can do something about his voice and promowork. They should play to his strengths and make him the quiet,
supremely confident asskicker.

What's sad is that I remember being genuinely impressed with the way WWE was handling Lashley and I still think things could have worked out but then everything just fell apart and now the very idea of Bobby Lashley: Future WWE Main Eventer seems ridiculous :smith:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Big E's giant boobs bust people open a lot

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

Big E's giant boobs bust people open a lot

Didn't he stop doing that move? Or is it that he just stopped getting on TV?

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Jerusalem posted:

What's sad is that I remember being genuinely impressed with the way WWE was handling Lashley and I still think things could have worked out but then everything just fell apart and now the very idea of Bobby Lashley: Future WWE Main Eventer seems ridiculous :smith:

Once TNA fully implodes and the current batch of WWE main eventers are almost completely annihilated due to age/injury/overexposure in about 5 years, I'd say it still doesn't seem ridiculous at all.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
I miss when we could call him Leakee unironically.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lid posted:

Well good to see I was right on Cena and Punk. Less happy to see I was wrong on Shelton X Benjamin. Still think Burchill should've gotten that IC run if Vince didn't end his gimmick because he through "pirate" in wrestling meant Jean-Pierre Lafitte.

Vince saw Pirates of the Caribbean and wanted a Pirate because of the movie, can we stop this dumb rumor? It's been confirmed by writers at the time.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Who gon' get fired in 2010?

Coffey posted:

Predicting Jack Swagger. His push has been killed, he looked fat tonight on RAW and he's been embarrassed two weeks in a row. He also has a speech impediment.

CVagts posted:

Jack Swagger
Primo
Carlito
Slam Master J
Jimmy Wang Yang

El Axo Grande posted:

Ziggler is gonna get canned before Swagger is

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

Stevie Richards.

sportsgenius86 posted:

As long as there is a Jim Ross, there will be a Jack Swagger.

Dell_Zincht posted:

Danielson, calling it right now. Call me crazy, but WWE doesn't know what the gently caress to do with wrestlers who made their name in lesser promotions (with the exception of Punk.)

Macdougall posted:

Randy Orton will go to jail this year.

bradzilla posted:

My honest prediction would be Evan Bourne, unless they move him back to ECW immediately. He's no better than Jimmy Wang Yang at this point. Also Slam Master J will be gone this year.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Predictions for the year:

Sheamus ( Dear Santa, I was so good last year-)
William Regal (release after ECW folds)
JR (release/retirement)
(Kung)Funaki
Swagger'll be gone before July.
Mickie James
Gail Kim
Curt Hawkins
Charlie Haas
Todd Grisham

archaenmason posted:

Mark Henry (didn't he mention that he intended to retire around now back in 2008?)
Jack Thwagger
Mike Knox
Primo
Vance Archer
Trent Barreta
admittedly a long shot, but please, please, please let it happen....Michael Cole

Daniel Bryan Released.

Nut Bunnies posted:

I assume they will release all of them but this first one is to troll the internet, which loving rules.

Matlock posted:

so does that mean that on monday cm punk will come out dressed as danielson

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Jimmy Wang Yang was still around in 2010? :psyduck:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bradzilla posted:

Jimmy Wang Yang was still around in 2010? :psyduck:
fired in april 2010

the original jtg

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Endorph posted:

fired in april 2010

the original jtg

Come on man, Funaki was released that same day.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I was 100% correct about Stevie.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I miss JTG

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
HiaC 2012, feat. Ryback vs. CM Punk

Hulkamatt posted:

Is that the ref that is actually a wrestler in NXT?

Jerusalem posted:

This is the guy who hosed up things for Punk in the Cena match, right? THE FIX IS IN! This dude works for Punk now!

Nailed it.

The Landstander posted:

I have no idea what's going to happen here but I'm pretty sure it will be memorable.

projecthalaxy posted:

I wish I could be watching this, this could be a turning point for WWE.

Hyping intensifies.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Phoneposting to say this has been a really fun show so far and what the gently caress.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Glad Punk took the clothesline soft. poo poo scares me.

BRAD MADDOX!

BRAD MADDOX!

BRAD MADDOX!

Jefferoo posted:

WAT THE loving gently caress REF WHAT THE gently caress

KarmaticStylee posted:

YESSS YESSSSS YESSSSSSSSSSSSS FUCCKKK RYBACK!

Bard Maddox posted:

BRADLEY MADDOX

yaay posted:

FUCKEST FINISH

sportsgenius86 posted:

Hahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahaghagagaggagagagagagahaha

CM NASH FUCKERS

Auron posted:

I give up, I'm done with this poo poo. Jesus loving christ

33rd Degree Idiot posted:

THAT was the best swerve they could come up with? Holy poo poo, please pay me to write for you WWE. Your standards are obviously ridiculously low.

Deadpool posted:

RIP Brad Maddox

Wojtek posted:

loving MARKING THE gently caress OUT

Gonzo McFee posted:

OH CHRIST! That thing is huge!

oatgan posted:

cocktease incoming

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Best gently caress finish ever

Marking intensifies.

And the aftermath

Gonz posted:

I really hope that referee becomes the new Nick Patrick.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Jesus loving Christ I just flashed forward to Cena's promo tomorrow and threw up in my mouth a little.

This is a cool fun idea. I like it. Could someone do the Cena/Brock Extreme Rules PPV? I remember that being a fun GDT.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Rey Mysterio's knee(brace)s literally caused CM Punk to retire, twice.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Meat Recital posted:

HiaC 2012, feat. Ryback vs. CM Punk

This is a cool fun idea. I like it. Could someone do the Cena/Brock Extreme Rules PPV? I remember that being a fun GDT.

So you want a PSP version of TedGinnDraft.gif?

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Extreme Rules 2012, Cena vs Lesnar, a timeline of the ecstasy and agony of PSP

FanofPortals posted:

So after Brock wins, how do you think RAW goes down?

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Brock's gotta win this, Cody's the only heel who went over the entire evening.

oatgan posted:

does he win though?
:ohdear:

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Unless Vince somehow gives even less of a gently caress about making money than we give him credit for, yeah.

Gerpy posted:

OH poo poo! CENA'S GOT HIS CHAIN AND PADLOCK BACK!?

By "the John Cena of old" they mean Cena from two months ago, right? Because that Cena seemed a lot like this Cena.

Fat Lowtax posted:

This doesn't really have big fight feel, does it? This has "something dumb and terrible is going to happen" feel, at least for me.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

If that is really what MMA fights look like they look dumber than I though-

Did he already loving bust open Cena

Auron posted:

I'm loving this....I think it would be great to see a squash to put over Lesnar, not that it would happen.

M. Tenebra posted:

Give him all the suplexes.

HulkaMatt posted:

This match rules.

sicarius posted:

HOLY gently caress... HE LICKED THE BLOOD.

This is ... what's happening on my WWE right now?

jeffersonlives posted:

The entire point is that Lesnar is not the same as every other parity booked loser they've had Cena wrestle for years, he's the baddest man on the planet or whatnot

Deadpool posted:

I've never seen anything like this in the WWE.

Xithyl posted:

This is so awesome. Every "oh, here comes Cena..." is countered with a gently caress YEAH!

Riceball posted:

HOLY poo poo

Please gif that one handed referee pickup.

Scruffy the janitor posted:

:lol: A ref bump to cover a Cena loss

Bard Maddox posted:

Dick Chest is loving incredible.

Euthyphro posted:

Oh holy God this is the greatest match ever.

matrocious posted:

Shooting Star Press 2.0

sicarius posted:

This is extraordinary in so many ways. Lesnar gives zero fucks about anything.

Barinthus posted:

How did he not tear his ACL or something off that bump? Mother of gently caress!

Lloyd Boner posted:

lol imagine if cena won

Welp. There was the chain.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

gently caress YOU JOHN CENA YOU loving CHEAT

GET UP BROCK :(

Liquid Communism posted:

SUPAMAN BIN CENAR

Bard Maddox posted:

god dammit

god loving dammit

why did you bring him back to do this

Atticus Finch posted:

HOLY poo poo :laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo:

Wojtek posted:

This is the worst thing.

BACK TO STATUS QUO.

Shrimpy posted:

So like... that shouldn't have ended like that.

jeffersonlives posted:

I'm done

It's been fun, guys

I'm just done

HulkaMatt posted:

IS THIS COMPANY loving INSANE?

Mary Annette posted:

Vince: Showed that ungrateful Lesnar!

Brock: Got that cash money!

Errbody wins!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

gently caress it. Let this stupid company burn to the loving ground.

triplexpac posted:

Can't wait to hear the despair in Meltzers voice as he tries to understand this

SansWetware posted:

Hey time for some jokey jokes guys!

Cardboard Box posted:

Cena looks like he's about to cry???

Omally posted:

what the gently caress is this? "oh im going on vacation btw" AAARHG GET HOME SAFE

matrocious posted:

It sure sounded like an off-air promo.

Retail Slave posted:

I just wonder why Cole and Lawler kept talking, then. Cole signed off as Cena was walking back up the ramp. For someone like Cena you'd think he'd know better when they were off air.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Wonderful.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I stand by my reaction.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Everyone should, Brock Lesner's not drawn the same since and the whole storyline for John Cena that year is that he had a terrible year. No reason to have Cena go over.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

That was at least the third time they've done Passion of the Cena and probably the only time it wasn't boring as gently caress on account of Cena busting open early on and Brock actually being a monster heel, which WWE is otherwise allergic to doing with anyone.

Notably this match was only mentioned in passing in the build-up to the rematch two years later.

As I understand Cena was concussed, which is why he gave some dumb goodbye speech, but no doubt that could have just as well been a political thing to further bury Brock. Cena has a reputation as a 24/7 company line guy but I don't know how accurate that is.

From that point onward they booked Brock much better, but way to put your biggest get in a decade in the hole early on simply out of being petty.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

If I'd have flip flopped any harder I'd be a sandal.

I'm legitimately surprised I'm not in here more with all the sheamus trolling I did.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

From that point onward they booked Brock much better, but way to put your biggest get in a decade in the hole early on simply out of being petty.

I guess you forgot that Brock lost to Triple H too, which is his only win in the last five years.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

bradzilla posted:

I guess you forgot that Brock lost to Triple H too, which is his only win in the last five years.

Twice, even.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Brock lost once and beat HHH twice?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

oldpainless posted:

Brock lost once and beat HHH twice?

The point is that Brock shouldn't have lost any matches in this whole run, much less to a semi retired authority figure who hadn't won a match in three years before that.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

bradzilla posted:

The point is that Brock shouldn't have lost any matches in this whole run, much less to a semi retired authority figure who hadn't won a match in three years before that.

hey, triple h beat sheamus 3 years before that in the match sheamus had to win or else his whole run was meaningless!!!

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

bradzilla posted:

Triple H beat CM Punk at Night of Champions 2011

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Cardboard Box posted:

Triple H beat CM Punk at Night of Champions 2011

Who?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Triple H :colbert:

• Locked thread