Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

IceAgeComing posted:

the lotus 79 is the best looking racing car ever; and everyone who thinks otherwise is wrong.

Amazing choice and in my top 10 for sure, totally iconic in every sense.

There are too many to choose from but I am going to say this beast:

Jaguar XJR-8 (LM)

First up, it's beautiful and secondly it marked a return to Le Mans for Jaguar after decades and won.

What won for them before this was equally as beautiful:

Jaguar D Type, hubba hubba

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

IceAgeComing posted:

i'll give you this as best looking rally car; but the best ever is the Delta S4 because its so fuckin crazy. supercharged and turbocharged; could apparently get over 700HP but Lancia limited it so it could actually be controlled, and bad 0-60 of 2 seconds on gravel. it killed most people who drove it, but that's not the cars fault!!

The S4 was the maddest but I think the 037 was the sexiest

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

IceAgeComing posted:

wrong, the Stratos is better but I can't get an image to work on my phone

Fair point, I meant in the Group B period but your opinion works as well :)

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

NtotheTC posted:

That's a real car? I thought Gran Turismo made it up to be ridiculous.

And how has this not been posted yet...

Just look at it. Every single part of it just screams "fast" and sliding round the corners must be so much fun OH GOD I WANT IT

Don't know if you like stuff like racing sims but Assetto Corsa has a great version of this car:

Tons of fun

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

beato posted:

Here's a guy driving it using his Oculus Rift
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afMpH1sF-V0

That's what I use, it rocks, very cool!

• Locked thread