Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How fuckin slick is Israel's game, son!?
This poll is closed.
So slick 37 14.74%
Slicker than Rick 65 25.90%
Like the wettest poonanny 149 59.36%
Total: 251 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

McDowell posted:

I'm starting a kickstarter for an RTS with a neat resource gathering / diplomacy mechanic - you can build out solar panels and nuclear reactors and share your grid with allies.

If you guys take a break from your shootmans maybe you can check it out :unsmith:
Do we get to kill people? I'm only in this for the killing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Pretty sure even mexico could beat the pallies at any given point in the last 70 years

At least they know how to resource spam and get around wall def.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Pretty sure even mexico could beat the pallies at any given point in the last 70 years

At least they know how to resource spam and get around wall def.

pretty certain los zetas are better at beheadings than even the finest beheading group in the whole mid-east server

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
I am also pretty sure an actual country could beat a bunch of stateless people. I mean I get the joke is "Pallies are useless" but c'mon.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

The worst thing is how the IDF is always accusing the Pallies of being hackers when everyone knows the IDF are ten times the hackers and are constantly running hacks and scripts and poo poo.

(I am using hacking as an analogy for war crimes because both in scope and quantity Israel commits more war crimes against Palestinians than vice versa even though it is often presented as the opposite.

lol)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The IDF team always whines to the admin about the other team using hacks and cheats to win the map.

I guess they are really mad about having a worse 1:800,000,000 K:D ratio in the past.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

team overhead smash posted:

The worst thing is how the IDF is always accusing the Pallies of being hackers when everyone knows the IDF are ten times the hackers and are constantly running hacks and scripts and poo poo.

(I am using hacking as an analogy for war crimes because both in scope and quantity Israel commits more war crimes against Palestinians than vice versa even though it is often presented as the opposite.

lol)

i know IDF is filled with skilled mofos but their attitude prevents them from becoming true MLG mofos

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Regarde Aduck posted:

I am also pretty sure an actual country could beat a bunch of stateless people. I mean I get the joke is "Pallies are useless" but c'mon.

Yeah but like five clans combined got their poo poo pushed in by IDF more than once, comes a point when you just gotta accept the pros know what they are doing.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Mister Adequate posted:

Yeah but like five clans combined got their poo poo pushed in by IDF more than once, comes a point when you just gotta accept the pros know what they are doing.

It's actually a total gamer myth that IDF beat those clans from an underdog position - except for the first bout they had numerical equality and equipment superiority in all fights. Against Pallies they have always been superior in everything. When they fought an enemy inferior in all but motivation they rightfully got their asses kicked.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

team overhead smash posted:

lol)

Who cares? Not like the ranked servers run Punkbuster anymore either.

(The joke is war crimes are a part of war, and trying to constrain combat to be something not horrific is laughable and just causes more political and humanitarian troubles, when a swift execution from above via unrestricted carpet bombing and artillery barrages allows a clear victor to come out and make the world a better place by moving on, reducing the populations of nations who cannot support their numbers with proper infrastructure and resources, and not slap fighting about meaningless talking points on the internet)

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

(He's right, the best way to make a war an ugly drawn-out affair is to try to fight it all nice and clean and tolerable to western values. The only war crimes with any meaning are war itself, and not committing 100% to victory without regard for any other factors.)

e; like five or six clans against one pretty much by definition makes the 'one' an underdog jsyk

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

Mister Adequate posted:

(He's right, the best way to make a war an ugly drawn-out affair is to try to fight it all nice and clean and tolerable to western values. The only war crimes with any meaning are war itself, and not committing 100% to victory without regard for any other factors.)

e; like five or six clans against one pretty much by definition makes the 'one' an underdog jsyk

Yeah, but the "one" was using a poo poo ton of perks, and the others didn't really like each other too much and weren't even on the same TS server, so it pretty much evened out.

Of course, the IDF has done some pretty underhanded things like intentional TK (USS Liberty), and crashing Iraq's server to keep them from getting the nuke perk.

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

IDF are a bunch of noobs who inflate their k/d ratio with pubstomps. Look what happened the last time they actually played another actual clan, they got humiliated because they forgot how to play against people who don't just spawn with rocks and makarovs and dont use teamspeak.

They may as well just play on single player

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
I wouldn't go so as to call them noobs, but yeah they do tend to take on some of biggest scrubs. It'd be interesting to see them take on some bigger, more experienced teams, but that would probably cause a massive server crash after they try to use the nuke perk they claim not to have, but everyone knows they do.

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Well what they definitely are is stats whores too afraid to play against anyone who aren't scrubs for fear of losing their vaunted k:d ratio.

Tbh this game just got way worse after they added nukes, now everybody's afraid to fight another clan that has em.

Wish people still played the older ones, back in the day the mongol horde got a waaaay better K:D ratio than the IDF and on the whole they played against way better teams. IDF doesn't even have skull pyramids.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Mister Adequate posted:

Lol, maybe in 1999. Are you still playing on a PS2 or something? We have asymmetric games now like Evolve and L4D. If you don't like it then go and play your Halo team deatchmatch noob, don't come whining or trying to excuse cheating when you don't even understand how the games work.

(Yes, because when we think of clean and quick wars we definitely think of the ones where lots of atrocities were committed because those always allow an early victory with an overall smaller loss of life. Modern international military law was invented in large part as a response to the needless crimes committed in early modern wars and it is fairly obvious in Israel's case that its war crimes have extended the conflict, the primary one being the whole ongoing occupation but even individual instances resulting in retaliatory attacks, breaking ceasefires, etc.)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

IDF team is better since the weapons, gear and other class unlocks are more state of the art. Sort of sucks when you have to play as the other team that just has rusty muskets and bottle rockets for weapons.

MadMattH
Sep 8, 2011

Mister Adequate posted:

Yeah, it's not their fault the other guys couldn't organize enough to even get on teamspeak. Also they can't help it if those scrub clans keep on trying anyway. Maybe if those guys would just talk instead of just trying a rush when they see other guys rushing then they could actually do something. This is especially true when they are trying to take the clan's base.

MadMattH
Sep 8, 2011

Sidakafitz posted:

Well what they definitely are is stats whores too afraid to play against anyone who aren't scrubs for fear of losing their vaunted k:d ratio.

Tbh this game just got way worse after they added nukes, now everybody's afraid to fight another clan that has em.

Wish people still played the older ones, back in the day the mongol horde got a waaaay better K:D ratio than the IDF and on the whole they played against way better teams. IDF doesn't even have skull pyramids.

Skull pyramids are a totally overlooked perk. Hell, even the Mayans used it.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

MadMattH posted:

Yeah, it's not their fault the other guys couldn't organize enough to even get on teamspeak. Also they can't help it if those scrub clans keep on trying anyway. Maybe if those guys would just talk instead of just trying a rush when they see other guys rushing then they could actually do something. This is especially true when they are trying to take the clan's base.

this was double lol when they got completely clowned in air by pilots who actually knew how to use their aircraft in spite of brand new SAMs from the soviet devs

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
The IDF waited until the Gyppos and their allies were going offline to strike. No different than what GoonSwarm does. Yeah, it's a cheap tactic to spawn camp airfields, but if your team can't get their poo poo together to set up a decent defense in the first place, you deserve it.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
:mil101: How many gears are on an Egyptian tank?

:jewish: Four. Three in reverse and one in forward.

:mil101: Why the one in forward?

:jewish: In case they get attacked from behind.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Mortabis posted:

:mil101: How many gears are on an Egyptian tank?

:jewish: Four. Three in reverse and one in forward.

:mil101: Why the one in forward?

:jewish: In case they get attacked from behind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archer_(tank_destroyer)

MadMattH
Sep 8, 2011
There is that new clan, ISIS or something, that seems to understand that before you take on the bigger clans you need to absorb the smaller weaker ones, then use that to take on bigger ones.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
They're getting all of Hamas' old Turkish and Qatari sponsorship money now too

quote:

Post war the Archer served with the Egyptian Army.

:aaaaa:

Holy poo poo thank you this made my day, I had no idea the joke had an actual basis in reality

MadMattH
Sep 8, 2011

Mortabis posted:

They're getting all of Hamas' old Turkish and Qatari sponsorship money now too

:aaaaa:

Holy poo poo thank you this made my day, I had no idea the joke had an actual basis in reality

I just really hope that all the clans quit using cheats and hacks. Those new ISIS guys are especially bad with destroying all of their in-game income. I mean, come on guys, you need that stuff to continue being competitive in this game. Blowing up your poo poo after taking it isn't going to get you anywhere and it's going to alert the other nearby clans to what you are up to. I've even heard that some of the biggest teams making strikes in ISIS's clan held areas because of them being complete dicks. At least the IDF guys don't try to pick those fights.

Edit: At least IDF doesn't do it constantly, not that they don't do it at all.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
The ISIS clan is a breakaway from the old-school AQ clan. AQ was all about taking on servers on low peak hours, so they could claim victories without having to fight clans in full force. ISIS said "gently caress that poo poo, we're gonna wreck some pubbies." AQ was all like "Nah man, we can recruit from them." But ISIS was like "gently caress them, if they can't beat us, they ain't poo poo." So ISIS basically went onto the pub servers and tore poo poo up, collecting a few perks along the way. The thing is, they haven't played any ranked matches, so they're pretty low on the ladder. That's why when the US and UK started joining their servers, ISIS started getting pwnt. Now the Kurds are starting to ally their clan with the US and UK clans.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

MadMattH posted:

There is that new clan, ISIS or something, that seems to understand that before you take on the bigger clans you need to absorb the smaller weaker ones, then use that to take on bigger ones.

they won't be as well-equipped as IDF or as professional as the Hezbollah clans, but they sure have gumption

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ISIS is a weird clan since they randomly go on TK sprees.

MadMattH
Sep 8, 2011

etalian posted:

The old Soviet clan did that years ago and had some success, as did some smaller clans, but jeez look at them now!

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
This loving server is all aimbots. Get hosed. :mad:

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Can't wait till we just loving ban [JEWS]. They barely got off after most of their members were banned just because the US sent in an appeal.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

etalian posted:

Pretty sure a few of them have actually tried rocket jumping like this poo poo is TF2 or something. How Syria is losing to these idiots so bad that [RUS] and [USA] have had to try and jump in is really just a testament to how loving awful the MEA servers really are

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

etalian posted:

That's a feature, not a bug.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
ISIS is the LLJK of this whole dumb extended metaphor.

ThisGuy
Aug 16, 2014

This Fuckin' Guy
I wish there was a morality system.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

ThisGuy posted:

I wish there was a morality system.

Guess you'll just have to settle for the mortality system instead

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Not Operator posted:

ISIS is the LLJK of this whole dumb extended metaphor.

nah, LLJK is whatever the gently caress Caro is doing these days

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

hitler's K:D ratio was much more impressive. try as they might the jews aren't going to top adolf hitler.

:rolleyes:

Of course not.

It's written in like 12 different places in the Torah on Hitler and Himmler being bottoms during their stay in far eastern Gaul.

Say what you want about my people, but we do sincerely control a disproportionate amount of influence and power worldwide considering our ethos and a little thing called math.

poo poo Goy.. we don't die.. we matzahply. Count dem Supreme Court justices and peep how be it here or the old USSR, it was yids making this atomic bomb poo poo happen.

Hold onto your foreskin Goys and girls the goddamn truth is Hebs rule the world.

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I, for one, welcome our banking industry overlords o7

• Locked thread