Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I love the idea of Boss Rush, but I've always disliked how it was implemented

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
I still have no idea what kind of motion you're supposed to make to avoid the curving brimstone, since they can instantly move it to the other side of you if you try to move away from it.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Dogma? Just go to a diagonal from him and dance back and forth on it

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
If it's Dogma, basically get close to one of the cardinal directions, then stop and go slowly the other way once the beam changes directions. Repeat until the attack is over.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i think they mean the adversary and yeah it’s a real bitch to dodge. you have to stay close and be ready to pivot when he starts telegraphing the attack. you have maybe 1/4 of the time to react vs dogma’s brimstone though. he’s one of the bosses that i just accept is going to get a few hits on me if he decides to

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i think they mean the adversary and yeah it’s a real bitch to dodge. you have to stay close and be ready to pivot when he starts telegraphing the attack. you have maybe 1/4 of the time to react vs dogma’s brimstone though. he’s one of the bosses that i just accept is going to get a few hits on me if he decides to

yeah if he spawns off camera in boss rush youre just gonna take the hit, kinda a similar deal with monstro 2. make sure to stay close to the center to see the spawns and react accordingly. still fuckin bullshit

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
I swear that 90% of my DELETE THIS challenge runs all my items are bullshit like "portable slot machine but it has a cooldown" or "I have found HUD on, have shot tears, been hit, picked up items, gone to a new floor, and I still have no idea what this does" or "instantly spawns a weak enemy or tnt directly on you on room clear" and the remaining 10% are "randomly spawn beds while you are in combat, completely softlocking you from exiting the floor" or "crash your Switch if you get hit in a boss room." Meanwhile, all over the web, you see "oh I full heal and deal full room damage any time I get hit off of the first item I beat this challenge my second attempt" I hate this trash Isaac I want to become back my money

e: proof of one of these:

Red Minjo fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Feb 29, 2024

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Red Minjo posted:

I swear that 90% of my DELETE THIS challenge runs all my items are bullshit like "portable slot machine but it has a cooldown" or "I have found HUD on, have shot tears, been hit, picked up items, gone to a new floor, and I still have no idea what this does" or "instantly spawns a weak enemy or tnt directly on you on room clear" and the remaining 10% are "randomly spawn beds while you are in combat, completely softlocking you from exiting the floor" or "crash your Switch if you get hit in a boss room." Meanwhile, all over the web, you see "oh I full heal and deal full room damage any time I get hit off of the first item I beat this challenge my second attempt" I hate this trash Isaac I want to become back my money

If you keep doing it, you will eventually get an item that just spawns the trophy

There is nothing in Isaac that cannot be solved by playing more Isaac

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Red Minjo posted:

i beat this challenge last week and this was one of the room clear effects i got

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Panzer Skank posted:

i beat this challenge last week and this was one of the room clear effects i got

what the gently caress is even happening there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Relyssa posted:

what the gently caress is even happening there

It spawned an infinite amount of whatever those things are, you can see the smaller ones just spawning in to the left of the door at the bottom. I died like, immediately, if you can believe it