Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
It doesn't sound like they're doing much with it at all.

https://twitter.com/edmundmcmillen/status/1244567651986182145

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
That is quite a bit less optimistic than the other recent post about it; bugger.

Between this and the card game, I've got to say, I've not had a great time with the spin-off products I've bought.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Amidst the ongoing wait for Repentance, a bit of important news:
https://twitter.com/FixItVinh/status/1251434846011998208

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Just got my hard mode Delirium clear as The Lost so now I can never fight him again on anything but the most broken of runs.

Speaking of broken runs I recently did Greedier with The Forgotten an ended up rerolling myself into a god using the D infinity. The final effect had my character replaced with what I can only describe as a swastika made of scythes. They weren't the Death's Touch scythe, but some other graphic with a straight blade and staff at right angles to eachother, four of them joined at the center. Anyone know what effect caused that? I had something like dodeca-shot so whenever I swung my club there was a uneven ring of slashes all around me.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

The Moon Monster posted:

Just got my hard mode Delirium clear as The Lost so now I can never fight him again on anything but the most broken of runs.

Speaking of broken runs I recently did Greedier with The Forgotten an ended up rerolling myself into a god using the D infinity. The final effect had my character replaced with what I can only describe as a swastika made of scythes. They weren't the Death's Touch scythe, but some other graphic with a straight blade and staff at right angles to eachother, four of them joined at the center. Anyone know what effect caused that? I had something like dodeca-shot so whenever I swung my club there was a uneven ring of slashes all around me.

Mom's knife + loki's horns gives you swastika forgotten.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Crown of Light + Eve's Mascara + Proptosis + IPECAC + Host Hat

This is terrible. :( My damage is over 200 but my tears are so big that I cannot hit enemies. The (huge) tear explodes on contact but the IPECAC explosion is smaller than my tear size so I cannot damage most enemies. Seed is 8GJQ 63JX and you have to diploplia the floor 1 library and reroll it twice with the D6. Moral of the story is too much of a good thing can be a bad thing.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sanctum posted:

Crown of Light + Eve's Mascara + Proptosis + IPECAC + Host Hat

This is terrible. :( My damage is over 200 but my tears are so big that I cannot hit enemies. The (huge) tear explodes on contact but the IPECAC explosion is smaller than my tear size so I cannot damage most enemies. Seed is 8GJQ 63JX and you have to diploplia the floor 1 library and reroll it twice with the D6. Moral of the story is too much of a good thing can be a bad thing.

Obviously you just need to find soy milk

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Is there some trick to making bedrooms appear or is it complete luck of the draw? The only things I have left for 100% are the Suicide King challenge, the Dedication achievement, and unlocking the drat blanket. It's probably been 10+ runs since I've seen a bedroom.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

You can restart Greed Mode and check if the cursed room has a bed in it.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

PostNouveau posted:

Obviously you just need to find soy milk
Picking up Libra my tear delay went from 525 to 1 :toot:

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

The Moon Monster posted:

Is there some trick to making bedrooms appear or is it complete luck of the draw? The only things I have left for 100% are the Suicide King challenge, the Dedication achievement, and unlocking the drat blanket. It's probably been 10+ runs since I've seen a bedroom.

Dunno if it's better than the Greed mode method already mentioned, but bedrooms are more likely to appear if you're hurt and the Lost is considered to have a permanent half soul heart as their health value. So you'll get a bedroom on floor 2 incredibly often.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Irony Be My Shield posted:

You can restart Greed Mode and check if the cursed room has a bed in it.

Brilliant, still took me like 25 minutes to get the 4 I needed but hey it's done.

John Murdoch posted:

Dunno if it's better than the Greed mode method already mentioned, but bedrooms are more likely to appear if you're hurt and the Lost is considered to have a permanent half soul heart as their health value. So you'll get a bedroom on floor 2 incredibly often.

Also good info, thanks.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I want to get back into this game, but I want to mod the gently caress out of it first. Must-haves, cool content packs, bug fixes, all of it. Is there a resource out there that can help me? Maybe someone wants to post their mod list?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Ariong posted:

I want to get back into this game, but I want to mod the gently caress out of it first. Must-haves, cool content packs, bug fixes, all of it. Is there a resource out there that can help me? Maybe someone wants to post their mod list?

There are some good quality of life ones that I use:

- External Item Descriptions
- Dice Room Helper
- No Curses

I've never tried content mods. I think they're usually pretty fiddly

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I'm really getting sick of runs where I just get gently caress all. No consumables, no marked rocks, worthless shops, and a random grab bag of mediocre utility items.

This has even been happening on vanilla Isaac runs where I can D6 bad items. :mad:

And then multiple times these runs survive to like, Caves 2/Depths 1 and I suddenly get Magic Mushroom, Brimstone, and Tammy's Head and the game's just boringly won at that point.

Edit:

Was down to one missing item, Eye of Greed, and here comes MissingNo. in a broken shop so...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k0SmqbBIpQ

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 10:08 on May 26, 2020

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

John Murdoch posted:

I'm really getting sick of runs where I just get gently caress all. No consumables, no marked rocks, worthless shops, and a random grab bag of mediocre utility items.

This has even been happening on vanilla Isaac runs where I can D6 bad items. :mad:

And then multiple times these runs survive to like, Caves 2/Depths 1 and I suddenly get Magic Mushroom, Brimstone, and Tammy's Head and the game's just boringly won at that point.

Edit:

Was down to one missing item, Eye of Greed, and here comes MissingNo. in a broken shop so...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k0SmqbBIpQ

Eye of Greed was my last item too. I just couldn't get it to appear but then I got it without even noticing while playing with the D Infinity.

The only thing I need now is the 31 daily runs achievement. Speaking of which I started playing this morning and less then 2 minutes after the run went up it showed that I had already attempted and failed it with 603 points. Has that ever happened to anyone? I checked my Nintendo account and there's no unusual activity, and I'm not sure why anyone would steal my account just to suck at Isaac daily runs anyway, so I don't think that's what happened. I'm a bit annoyed my daily run win streak got broken on the day with history's easiest run (Eve to Mom, Satanic Bible and Nine Lives in the first two rooms, I did a practice run and cleared it in around 10 minutes).

Capital Letdown
Oct 5, 2006
i still cant fix red text avs someone tell me the bbcode for that im an admin and dont know this lmao

The Moon Monster posted:

The only thing I need now is the 31 daily runs achievement. Speaking of which I started playing this morning and less then 2 minutes after the run went up it showed that I had already attempted and failed it with 603 points. Has that ever happened to anyone? I checked my Nintendo account and there's no unusual activity, and I'm not sure why anyone would steal my account just to suck at Isaac daily runs anyway, so I don't think that's what happened. I'm a bit annoyed my daily run win streak got broken on the day with history's easiest run (Eve to Mom, Satanic Bible and Nine Lives in the first two rooms, I did a practice run and cleared it in around 10 minutes).

I didn't have this happen but I did just check and I don't even have a daily run option, it only gives me the option to check the daily run leaderboard. Everything else is whited out!

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Capital Letdown posted:

I didn't have this happen but I did just check and I don't even have a daily run option, it only gives me the option to check the daily run leaderboard. Everything else is whited out!

Do you have mods active?

Capital Letdown
Oct 5, 2006
i still cant fix red text avs someone tell me the bbcode for that im an admin and dont know this lmao

John Murdoch posted:

Do you have mods active?

GOOD CALL. I literally installed mods for the first time like two weeks ago.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I'm super late to be getting into this game but I think it's happening. I've had it on my Switch for nearly 2 years. I played maybe 15-20 hours and grew tired of it. A few months ago I got REALLY into Enter the Gungeon and Dead Cells. I decided to revisit this game yesterday and I wasn't too keen on it during my first run, I think I've since learned to enjoy the game again. The limited firing directions and enemies that randomly change speed were really off putting after Gungeon. But I think I just needed to reacquaint myself to this game.

My second run was a success and now my third is shaping up nicely too, having just killed Mom. When I killed the Heart in my last game a door opened up but I grabbed the chest, which ended my game. It unlocked Mr Fetus (I think). Should I be focusing on opening chests after the Heart or going through doors that open? It looked like a Devil door if I remember correctly.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Wildtortilla posted:

I'm super late to be getting into this game but I think it's happening. I've had it on my Switch for nearly 2 years. I played maybe 15-20 hours and grew tired of it. A few months ago I got REALLY into Enter the Gungeon and Dead Cells. I decided to revisit this game yesterday and I wasn't too keen on it during my first run, I think I've since learned to enjoy the game again. The limited firing directions and enemies that randomly change speed were really off putting after Gungeon. But I think I just needed to reacquaint myself to this game.

My second run was a success and now my third is shaping up nicely too, having just killed Mom. When I killed the Heart in my last game a door opened up but I grabbed the chest, which ended my game. It unlocked Mr Fetus (I think). Should I be focusing on opening chests after the Heart or going through doors that open? It looked like a Devil door if I remember correctly.

Always check the door before you touch the chest at the end of the game, there's usually something good/interesting behind them

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Ah cool, good to know. I forgot that the chest ended the run. I thought I was going to get an item out of it and then head thru the door.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Wildtortilla posted:

When you're first starting it's pretty much impossible to do anything "wrong". You'll continue to unlock stuff as long as you have successful runs. You'll also want to do the first handful of challenges as they unlock very useful items. The game starts to open up more once you've beaten Satan a couple of times

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

PIZZA.BAT posted:

When you're first starting it's pretty much impossible to do anything "wrong". You'll continue to unlock stuff as long as you have successful runs. You'll also want to do the first handful of challenges as they unlock very useful items. The game starts to open up more once you've beaten Satan a couple of times

Oh I forgot all about challenge runs. I haven't done any of them. I also didn't know they unlocked anything! They'll provide me some focused projects. Thanks for the reminder.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Btw no matter where you go after beating an endgame boss it still counts as a kill so if you see a portal or lightbeam or whatever go for it

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Color me surprised. I cleared my next run and then cleared the first challenge. Three wins in a row! I've never realized this much sustained success in this game and it feels really good!

Now that I've shared my success with the Internet I'm sure the next run will be a disaster.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Wildtortilla posted:

Color me surprised. I cleared my next run and then cleared the first challenge. Three wins in a row! I've never realized this much sustained success in this game and it feels really good!

Now that I've shared my success with the Internet I'm sure the next run will be a disaster.

If its any consolation, it works the other way too; When you are stuck and frustrated with a challenge, come complain about it and you'll probably clear it next run.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
I'm trying to complete Keeper and it's just not fun. Still have mega stanley, Hush, and Delerium left and I think it's going to stay that way.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I finally got the Stop Playing achievement, the final unlock was the 31 daily runs achievement as I imagine it is for a lot of people. I had a ridiculously blessed ultra hard run with Mom's Knife in the floor 1 item room, and a Magic Mushroom and two sun cards for heals.

I dunno if I want to get it on PC and download a complete save when Repentance comes out, or just wait for it on switch. The switch controller is basically perfect for the game and the portability is super nice.

ArfJason posted:

Btw no matter where you go after beating an endgame boss it still counts as a kill so if you see a portal or lightbeam or whatever go for it

It doesn't count as a win if you go to the next level and die though, just a warning in case you're going for the 5 win streak with 5 different characters achievement or something.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
I finally unlocked The Lost last night. It's been ages since I found the Missing Poster (I did find it once near the end of a run, but didn't find a sacrifice room in 3 levels), but last night I found the Mysterious Paper plus Dead Cat and a sacrifice room. It took 7 of 9 lives but the Missing Poster effect finally triggered and unlocked The Lost.

The Lost is such a nice change compared to the Keeper. Agile, flying, spectral tears, holy mantle, decent shot speed/delay. gently caress yeah! Mom, It Lives, Isaac, Blue Baby in one run. I killed Delerium but died in the finishing animation so it didn't count.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Lost + holy mantel is the strongest character I feel. Not getting hit twice in a room isn't the biggest ask, and getting to take every devil deal is such a huge power boost, though finding the goat head makes a big difference here. Except of course when it was bugged and holy mantel didn't always refresh between rooms.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Free flight + spectral also kicks rear end. You can completely trivialize so many rooms by just sniping enemies where they can't reach.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I still remember clearing losts post it note before he had spectral or mantle. What a loving nightmare lmao

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

It's very nice for Lost, but I've never felt that flight / ladder are anywhere near as important as in Issac 1. In that game they're nigh-essential, in this one its more just annoying when I forget I don't have them and run into a wall, but I don't feel hindered by their abscence.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Some Goon posted:

Lost + holy mantel is the strongest character I feel. Not getting hit twice in a room isn't the biggest ask, and getting to take every devil deal is such a huge power boost, though finding the goat head makes a big difference here. Except of course when it was bugged and holy mantel didn't always refresh between rooms.

Delirium is biggest problem in not getting hit twice because of how random it is. Other than that it's maybe the late-game rooms where 4 Cages might spawn in a tiny room or Hush just because of how loving long that fight is no matter what.

IIRC, they recently patched Delirium to reduce the amount you just randomly get stomped on with no chance to dodge.

But yeah I agree. I think the Lost is my favorite of the gimmick characters (even including Lilith).

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Yeah lost being a double down all or nothing dude owns but it sucks qhen you get 0 damage ups for 3 floors (ut sucks for everyone but especially him)

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Anyone notice that sometimes when Delirium turns into The Hollow he'll get instantly chunked for like 70% of his hp? It's like losing segments takes off big percentages of his hp like with the regular hollow, but it only happens sometimes.

IIRC all of my superboss kills with the lost used an I'm Drowsy pill or the Broken Stopwatch.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I’ve been playing this off and on for a few weeks now and there is very little on this page I can parse. Game is weird.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

ArfJason posted:

I still remember clearing losts post it note before he had spectral or mantle. What a loving nightmare lmao

Oh yeah haha, standing in the boss rush with gnawed leaf for like an hour comes to mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Happy Hedonist posted:

I’ve been playing this off and on for a few weeks now and there is very little on this page I can parse. Game is weird.

I have 30 hrs of played time with 10ish wins under my belt. I have no idea what anything in this thread means outside of the replies to my posts. I thought I was the only one in this boat.