Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I've got Lazarus Dark Room and Keeper Mega Satan left.

Ughhhhhhh. I can't think of any way to make Lazarus fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Die immediately? If you're not already doing that, dying immediately (or as soon as some form of extra HP drops) as Lazarus to trigger his respawn can help with things (this gives him a 1.2 damage multiplier, sets his luck to 0 from -1, and increases his range).

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Or my standard move of death by devil deal on floor 2 (or 1 if lucky), but basically the same idea.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

VideoGames posted:

Is an iPhone more powerful than a WiiU, 3DS and PS Vita?

Oh hell yeah!

But only if you're not a game developer

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Oh hell yeah!

But only if you're not a game developer

I'm frustrated Nicalis aren't bringing the expansion to anything else than PC currently.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

VideoGames posted:

I'm frustrated Nicalis aren't bringing the expansion to anything else than PC currently.

If they did it would probably be unplayably bad, they are Not Good With Computers.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Piping in here to say that downloading a 1001% save has increased my love of this game 100%. No more grinding greed modes to make other characters playable, no challenges that are like slamming my dick into a car door.

Hyphen-ated
Apr 24, 2006
Not to be confused with endash or minus.

LionYeti posted:

Piping in here to say that downloading a 1001% save has increased my love of this game 100%. No more grinding greed modes to make other characters playable, no challenges that are like slamming my dick into a car door.

hell yeah

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Couldn't the same effect be accomplished by just stopping giving a poo poo about progression or high-end unlocks and just doing miscellaneous runs for the hell of it instead?
I mean the high-end unlocks are mostly just relevant for people who are doing the crazy challenge content anyway.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

Augus posted:

Couldn't the same effect be accomplished by just stopping giving a poo poo about progression or high-end unlocks and just doing miscellaneous runs for the hell of it instead?
I mean the high-end unlocks are mostly just relevant for people who are doing the crazy challenge content anyway.
Mostly; the biggest hurdle is Keeper and the only good thing they unlock is part of Mega Blast.

Lost unlocks are great but Lost isn't half as bad as Keeper if they have Holy Mantle.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

MrL_JaKiri posted:

If they did it would probably be unplayably bad, they are Not Good With Computers.

No doubt. I'd like to have the new/fixed synergies, but the game would probably crash all the time on PS4.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
How the tits do you find the missing poster quicker? Is it just one of those blindly throw runs at the game until the stars align thing?

I just wanna play with the new lost :smith:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

EorayMel posted:

How the tits do you find the missing poster quicker? Is it just one of those blindly throw runs at the game until the stars align thing?

I just wanna play with the new lost :smith:

That's exactly it.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Buy Mom's Box of trinkets asap, use it judiciously

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

HenryEx posted:

Buy Mom's Box of trinkets asap, use it judiciously

This is how I got it. Just go really hard on getting 15 cents and then focus on the shops as Isaac.

I got really lucky and got the missing poster on my first use lmao.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I love how I can have robo baby, ghost baby, brother bobby, multidimensional baby, harlequin baby, abel, incubus, fate's reward and still not have the conjoined transformation.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

senrath posted:

Die immediately? If you're not already doing that, dying immediately (or as soon as some form of extra HP drops) as Lazarus to trigger his respawn can help with things (this gives him a 1.2 damage multiplier, sets his luck to 0 from -1, and increases his range).

Imo the easy Lazarus fix is starting him with a Suicide King once it's unlocked. Hoping for that in the expansion.

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT
What would cause a health down pill I was carrying to turn into a health up, and than back into a health down after using pill mimic on it?! I haven't picked up PhD.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

They turn into health up if you have one or zero red heart containers, and back when you get more.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
It's a measure to prevent unidentified pills from killing you outright. See also: Bad Trip pills secretly being emergency full heals.

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT
I had no idea. Has that always been the case?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

chippy posted:

I had no idea. Has that always been the case?

It's been that way since the original game, I think.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Slime posted:

Yep

Agricola Frigidus
Feb 7, 2010
Explosivo and Soymilk synergizes nicely, I just noticed. The game changes into keeping enemies from teleporting away and wait for the glorious hail of explosions.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Sanctum posted:

I love how I can have robo baby, ghost baby, brother bobby, multidimensional baby, harlequin baby, abel, incubus, fate's reward and still not have the conjoined transformation.

I got that transformation a ton when it was terrible. Then once they fixed it to actually be good and not just Dunce Cap #2, I haven't seen it since. It's not like I particularly avoid the followers that contribute to the transformation.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

So I'm not sure if this was changed recently or if this was always the case and I never had enough speed to notice it before, but you know about those rooms with a bunch of spikes where you need to push a switch to clear them? Turns out that after you've cleared them out and you're just passing through the room for some reason if your speed is high enough you can actually run into the spikes and take damage before they retract into the ground.

I was only at 3 ticks of speed and ran into that, so it's not like you have to be super fast. You can avoid it pretty easily by just waiting half a second before dashing through the room, but it's still pretty annoying if you have a d6 and sack head like I did and need to run through the room multiple times like I did to use the dozen batteries sack head drops.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Slime posted:

Except in BoI the unidentified pill was re-rolled if you got a full health with full red hearts. Which meant taking any unidentified pill with full red hearts was ~sub-optimal~ as you had a higher chance of a negative effect.

But even without cain's lucky foot, BoI pills were way, way more beneficial overall. Smaller pill rotation, less bad/worthless effects, etc.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

If you were to use one of those mods that makes the Keeper less poo poo, do you still get the achievements?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Waffle! posted:

If you were to use one of those mods that makes the Keeper less poo poo, do you still get the achievements?

I do believe so, yes.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Just got my 1001% today. It feels hollow inside.

Keeper is still poo poo but it becomes more like a game of sonic the hedgehog than anything.

And the Lost is kind of fun if you get some good devil poo poo.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
When the booty is too much

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Waffle! posted:

Mods do not impact achievements in the slightest.

Hyphen-ated
Apr 24, 2006
Not to be confused with endash or minus.

Sanctum posted:

Except in BoI the unidentified pill was re-rolled if you got a full health with full red hearts. Which meant taking any unidentified pill with full red hearts was ~sub-optimal~ as you had a higher chance of a negative effect.
well, except that full health is itself pretty much a garbage pill, compared to how good tears up and speed up are.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Or is it Sputnik posted:

Mostly; the biggest hurdle is Keeper and the only good thing they unlock is part of Mega Blast.

Lost unlocks are great but Lost isn't half as bad as Keeper if they have Holy Mantle.

There's stuff also like if you do family man these days you have the conjoined transformation which is a damage down. But since its a blindfold challenge run it makes it way harder.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

senrath posted:

Mods do not impact achievements in the slightest.

I used a mod to add a greed donation machine to every shop in the main game, so I guess I'm not legit or whatever. But gently caress getting those unlocks the proper way.

Mar 6, 2016
Currently in the process of downloading this game as we speak.
Boredom has driven me to seeking games to play.

I am excited.

I read the OP, however, anything I should know ahead of time?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Just dive head first into the basement, you'll unlock stuff as you go. Don't worry about the hardcore stuff until you get how the basics of the game work.

Mar 6, 2016
Sounds like a plan!
I died at the first boss.

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

3.141592653 posted:

Sounds like a plan!

:getin:

This may or may not happen another few dozen times. That's normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete

3.141592653 posted:

Sounds like a plan!

As bucksmash said, that's gonna happen. I got the (original) game as a Christmas gift, and even with my relatively unlimited free time to throw away to it I took about a week to start getting final boss kills.