Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Araxxor posted:

What the hell is Psy Fly!? :catstare: Did a Void Run with Tainted Isaac, and this thing completely neutralized Hush. It also made most of Delirium a joke. Unfortunately, not even it could do anything about the mass telefragging and the ridiculous speed. Went from 11 hearts to 1 in that last phase, but I managed to get the Spindown Dice unlock at least.

Also holy gently caress Hush is actually an awful fight in his last phase. I have no idea why they speed up its attack rotation like that, this new version is practically undodgeable without good defensive items.

Psy Fly is the best item in the game and I'm going to be incredibly sad if it gets nerfed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Delirium is a mess where all the damage you take is from him teleporting on top of you or zipping at you from offscreen. It sucks. Every single Repentance boss is more interesting and fun.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

love to go for a coin as Tainted Keeper to get health back only to get essentially telefragged by a burrowing enemy, on my best run so far, on depths 2

i get you're supposed to wiggle around or whatever and sort of bait them out, but when you have a high speed stat there's really not much you can do, especially the ones that change locations fast. sometimes it feels the game just goes "surprise, gently caress you!"

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I'd been having bad luck beating the Beast with Samson, with a few weak runs that limped to the end but couldn't seal the deal, and one where I picked up Mars for the first time and ended up killing myself by dashing all over the room during the Beast fight. Then the game gave me this run.

I actually got a planetarium with Mars again. Didn't pick it up but somehow I feel that I still would have won.

On another note did they change Duality or something? I had it here but I don't think I ever saw both rooms appear. Maybe since I had the red key potential red rooms were spawning around the boss room leaving no space for both angel and devil rooms.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 20:23 on May 5, 2021

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

The Moon Monster posted:

On another note did they change Duality or something? I had it here but I don't think I ever saw both rooms appear.
For one thing, if you see one of the angel/devil rooms early, the other room won't spawn at the end of the floor. For example, you could get teleported there by a red chest, Joker card, or sacrifice room and so Duality wouldn't have any effect in that case.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

END CHEMTRAILS NOW posted:

For one thing, if you see one of the angel/devil rooms early, the other room won't spawn at the end of the floor. For example, you could get teleported there by a red chest, Joker card, or sacrifice room and so Duality wouldn't have any effect in that case.

Huh, that did happen at least once, but there were definitely times when that was not the case and I just had a single room spawn. I had The Stairway for most of the run so maybe the special angel room from that was locking me into the regular angel room.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Managed a Delirium kill with Tainted Forgotten....and I do mean managed. Had PsyFly, book of revelations, Cancer item(meaning I got the wafer effect after one hit in a room). Entered with full HP. Left with 2.5...but got my victory. Christ what a stupid fight to echo people earlier. As fight went on had to get really defensive and only throw my guy at Delirium when it became stationary cause PsyFly stays with him and not you. And STILL got hit a bunch by stupid telefrags. Anyway glad that fight with that character is over!! Also took out Hush on the run--another I wasn't looking forward to on this character. Which is very fun 90% of the time!

Funny this run was serendipity twice. I made it to hush cause I had meant to do boss rush but teleported out immediately by mistake. Then was going to do Mega Satan but the second angel room never spawned so targeted Delirium.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 00:11 on May 6, 2021

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Finished what felt like an old school run with an early Mom's Knife and not much else amazing, save getting Maw of the Void. Limped across the Chest finish line with one heart.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I'm trying to unlock Forgotten before Repentance comes out for Switch and it's a total bitch and a half. I'm using Azazel and I keep dying from his low health.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Esau with dead cat bug seems like a double edged sword.

Yes, I am technically immortal now and will finish whatever I set out to do eventually. But do I want to die to Satan another 30 times in a row because it's loving impossible to no-hit Satan with a double-hit box character

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

Esau with dead cat bug seems like a double edged sword.

Yes, I am technically immortal now and will finish whatever I set out to do eventually. But do I want to die to Satan another 30 times in a row because it's loving impossible to no-hit Satan with a double-hit box character

I remember I had this early on on J&E and was fighting Dogma over and over before I knew how to dodge the spin attack in phase 2. Got close a few times and was like eh might as well just quit cause it's not like I'd win the game or something. Only to find out getting to the last fight with that would have been a free win :D

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Kawalimus posted:

I remember I had this early on on J&E and was fighting Dogma over and over before I knew how to dodge the spin attack in phase 2. Got close a few times and was like eh might as well just quit cause it's not like I'd win the game or something. Only to find out getting to the last fight with that would have been a free win :D

I managed to get to the third phase on maybe my 15th attempt. Usually the third phase is a freebie zero hits but I have fire mind and blew myself up with a close shot.

I've probably failed 50 more times since then. I'm positive the Lamb will be easier to no hit. There's just too much going on in the Satan fight to deal with 2 hit boxes.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Hope you're looking forward to The Beast's inhaling attack, which separates your characters.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Hope you're looking forward to The Beast's inhaling attack, which separates your characters.

Oh I was not too happy about that--luckily my guys were healthy enough it didn't matter and still won the fight without much trouble.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Has a homing item + a creep item always meant homing creep? Or this that new in Repentance?

Aquarius + Sacred Heart is kinda fun

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

IMJack posted:

Has a homing item + a creep item always meant homing creep? Or this that new in Repentance?

Aquarius + Sacred Heart is kinda fun

Aquarius’ synergies are new, yes. It’s only specifically Aquarius, though, because the puddles are made of tears

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I've done it.

Do not get caught in that trap. I absolutely without a doubt could have just restarted and built a stronger build and gotten back to Satan much quicker and with less heartache than that.

Edit: Beat the Lamb on the second try.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 03:38 on May 6, 2021

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Welp, complaining on the forums works fellas, I unlocked Forgotten.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

cleared all the hard marks on tainted jacob. got an early forget me not and opted to use it on the dross 2 floor so i could get double items and double mirror items, so that was fun if long.

didnt get either angel room to pop with 36% chance or whatever though. wondering if its wiser to use later? if you get to 76% angel chance or 100% angel chance and get the room, then use forget me not, do you get the high probability/guaranteed angel room again?

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

Finally got my beast kill on cain after blowing multiple runs on dogma due to great items but extremely low health. Fruit cake + high tears is a game changer and really compensates for low damage. To top it off i got tech 2 in the mosuleum 2.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I'm so glad they got rid of the damage penalty on tears. It actually makes Technology 2 a good item now. Before picking it up at base stats was a 10% DPS reduction. Now it's a 14.5% DPS increase. Just make sure to hit with your tears too, as that's basically half your DPS in that setup. (Be warned the wiki makes it sound better than it actually is. The 0.65x damage multiplier is still applied to your laser despite the wiki saying otherwise, just not your tears anymore.)

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 14:26 on May 6, 2021

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I guess I should complain about not being any good at this game any more in the hope that it fixes my bad playing. (Granted I have a 4 month old and I'm not playing nearly as much as I used to.) I am just so terrible at this game now. I haven't unlocked any tainted characters, hell I've only been Home twice, and never beat the Beast. I've died against bosses I've killed hundreds of times before. Everything (about how I play) is terrible (now).

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

IUG posted:

I guess I should complain about not being any good at this game any more in the hope that it fixes my bad playing. (Granted I have a 4 month old and I'm not playing nearly as much as I used to.) I am just so terrible at this game now. I haven't unlocked any tainted characters, hell I've only been Home twice, and never beat the Beast. I've died against bosses I've killed hundreds of times before. Everything (about how I play) is terrible (now).

They made everything and its shot speed quite a bit faster now. Takes some getting used to. I was *awful* for a good while.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Yeah, I came back after a good two years and it took a long time for the rust to shake off. Like, a -20 losing streak at one point kind of rust

You'll get your skill back don't worry

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I got my skill back no problem by just playing a lot, and I even like the shot speed increase, I just don’t have the time or patience anymore to do dozens of unlocks with difficult characters. I did one or two legit runs each with everyone new, and then grabbed a 100% file.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

managed to clear greedier as tainted keeper today. i now only have mother and delirium left until i’ve cleared his post-it note. what a fun loving character

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
How in the world to do you all get so many broken builds

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what's the point of playing with a 100% file. some of you need jesus

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I just want to do random and Eden runs to the Chest or the Beast with the avalanche of new stuff available. I can do three Tainted Lost hard mode unlocks and have fun, I really don’t want to fight to do the full post it for him and Tainted Jacob and etc. After 10 years of this game, I just want it to be my coffee break fun play.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I dont think four of lost's marks are fun (mother/beast/delirium/hush) and I don't think any of tainted lost's marks are fun. I'd rather cheat them in than make myself suffer playing characters that dont mesh with how I enjoy playing the game.

I wouldnt cheat in a full 100% file though.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

pray with me. pray with me black august

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Finding Pyromaniac and Bomber Boy as Tainted Maggie pretty much makes her invincible and gives her a full heal as long as you have bombs, better if you have the rocket bombs so you can just explode yourself on a wall. Really handy for boss fights.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Hot Diggity! posted:

How in the world to do you all get so many broken builds

when you play 10 hours every day youre bound to get at least 2 or 3 winners

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Super No Vacancy posted:

pray with me. pray with me black august

I full unlocked OG Lost don't you fukken @ me I wanna see golden trinkets!!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Full clearing OG lost was imo way easier than full clearing tainted lost. I had 70 hours in rebirth and did it, all it took was one run to chest, one run to lamb, and boss rush. Plus triple devil deals etc.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Black August posted:

I full unlocked OG Lost don't you fukken @ me I wanna see golden trinkets!!

i just got my first golden trinket yesterday it was poker chip and i couldnt find anywhere to tell me what the double effect was. does it change the odds to 75/25? or does it make the double chests doubly double

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Sweet memories of Gnawed Leaf and Daddy Long Legs clearing the boss rush for OG Lost.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Super No Vacancy posted:

i just got my first golden trinket yesterday it was poker chip and i couldnt find anywhere to tell me what the double effect was. does it change the odds to 75/25? or does it make the double chests doubly double

Rule seems to be it counts as a Mom’s Box version of itself, so if a trinket isn’t enhanced by the box it doesn’t do anything even when it has effects that could easily be doubled/enhanced

So a cool but also stupid idea that could stand to get a mod to expand it. If you have Mom’s Box, the effect is tripled instead. The ideal seems to be Gold Cancer, or Gold Cracked Crown with the Box. Best with a way to absorb them.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

forgotten is a really fun character. i probably play him the most at this point

i like how he kind of breaks the mom chase but not as badly as azazel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

No Wave posted:

Full clearing OG lost was imo way easier than full clearing tainted lost. I had 70 hours in rebirth and did it, all it took was one run to chest, one run to lamb, and boss rush. Plus triple devil deals etc.
Especially when Dead Cat was bugged to just make you invincible