Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Ipecac + donation machine money + Pay2Win is absurdly broken. Walk into a room, hit space. Go to next room, hit space. Boss room, hit space maybe three times, next floor.

I don't agree with the nerf, but that's why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

flatluigi posted:

Note that the voting for the must-have item combinations for Rebirth went up: http://www.reddit.com/r/bindingofisaac/comments/2vqzuc/must_have_rebirth_item_combos/

This one I read would be the greatest: Ludovico Technique + Tiny Planet = You move your tears using polar coordinates instead of cartesian coordinates.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Tetracube posted:

I got the scapular+sharp plug in an angel room and ran into the blue fire to reduce my hp to half a heart but the scapular didn't activate. I had to go to womb I with 1 heart and died. What went wrong?

You needed to leave the room first to activate scapular maybe?

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

kvx687 posted:

hahaha how is that even possible. Did you somehow manage to skip Womb 2 twice?

You need to play on hard for the babies, but only the Lost requires you to be on hard for item unlocks.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Oh my God, did this game always run like complete poo poo? It's really jarring to play again. First game though, first chest victory with Cain. They did change the health bar so you can see up to like 50 hearts, which is nice. Basement 1 ipecac certainly helped.

Achievements are hosed apparently, the steam forums have a temporary fix. I'm pretty certain I got well over 7 hearts from eternal hearts, but I guess it doesn't count if you Guppy's Paw them away.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Note for the eternal achievements - beating Satan does not count as beating the game, you have to go through the chest. And instead of needing 7 heart containers from eternal hearts it's more like 12 to get that achievement (but it does give you flight when you unlock it.)

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
So I guess we just wait for the mod that keeps the eternal enemies (at lower health for certain bosses), the new AI, but removes all the other bullshit changes? Because that might actually be fun.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

IMJack posted:

Should I lay off the Afterbirth Updates?

Hell no, I appreciate you linking them.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
On that note, why do people hate Speed! so much? I failed my first run only because I didn't know there was a time limit, then beat it on the 2nd try.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Doltos posted:

Can anyone recommend a streamer for this game that isn't Cobaltstreak? I tried to stick it out because he's really good at this game but he has to be one of the most insufferable pricks on the internet.

http://www.twitch.tv/lethalfrag maybe?

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Panniculus Rift posted:

It's great that two steam sales now means free shop items for ever. If you get the restock item, you're basically guaranteed to destroy the game, as Chaos is bound to show up in the shop if you just keep removing items from the pool. Then you can basically get any item in the game.

And then you pick up Missing No by accident and ruin everything. In two different runs. :(

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
I have 1001%.

I am free!

Also Mega Blast sure looks like fun to use if it would show up more often.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
So I know I had pretty much every item in the game, but if you use a card against humanity in the greed boss room, does this normally happen?

Is Midas' Touch the one doing that, or is it a property of the room?

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

It's about time I finished making the whole set.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

RatHat posted:

The 5 win streak with 5 different characters one looks annoying too, though you only need to beat Isaac or Satan.

In case it's not clear, you need 5 wins total, not 25. It's 5 total wins in a row with each win being with a different character.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

immoral_ posted:

But you can't get achievements while using mods now.

You can, there's a guide on the steam guide page that tells you how.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Power of Pecota posted:

Is the Brown Nugget/Apollyon beating Greedier mode achievement bugged?

Beating greed mode and greedier mode are two different things for Apollyon. Did you do both?

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

RatHat posted:

EDIT: And you get Sacred Heart on the 4th floor, come on.

Where'd you find that? I got everything else mentioned, and diplopia'd the godhead. I would have picked up 2 sacred hearts had I seen it.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

RatHat posted:

Sacred Heart was in the Angel room, which you're guaranteed to get with Eucharist.

Oh I get it, you guys used the dice room to reroll didn't you?

I'm reading the thread on reddit and it looks like people are talking about two different things. I'd say it was people doing the afterbirth daily instead of the afterbirth+ daily, but since you got eucharist that can't be it. I didn't get a dice room at all and explored everywhere. Apparently to get the sacred heart you have to sacrifice room yourself into the angel room before you kill the boss, otherwise it's just soul hearts behind locks.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

LifeLynx posted:

Then you use the shovel in the Dark Room to unlock the new character, which is a bone boy with a melee attack/charged Mom's Knife-like attack that can't take deals with the devil?

He can't take deals with the devil, correct.

His soul however...

(press the drop item button)

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Vashro posted:

Im on switch. My dailies have been saying I already attempted them when I haven't played. Have I been hacked or what??

Are your time and date settings on the switch correct?

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Wildtortilla posted:

Like I know I have eaten enough trinkets, but I can't stop.

Any shop break that doesn't end with you accidentally picking up a terrible item like MissingNo, isn't a real shop break.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

PostNouveau posted:

There's an item that makes portals that hurts the Shop pool because it sucks.

The ventricle razor? I used to agree with you, but it's actually awesome. You have invincibility frames coming out of a portal, so you can use it (even as the lost) to donate to blood machines. Have a greed fight? As long as greed summons an enemy, kill greed, gather the coins or steam sale he drops and portal out. Then repeat forever because if you portal out of an active fight, the fight restarts. Portal in and out of a devil deal as much as you want to manage your heart containers. It's got lots of uses.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

PIZZA.BAT posted:

Is Hush the most reliable way to get Delerium to pop up?

You can always use this mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=938928749

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
All of the afterbirth challenges are no longer marked as completed, even after doing the Alt+F2 thing. Is that a problem for anyone else?

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Proptosis, what have they done to you? :( I'm never picking you up again unless you start doing above starting damage more than one Isaac away.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

tithin posted:

Haven't played BOI properly since the first remake came out - what's this fleshy door at the mausoleum and how do I open it?

With the knife! And I just learned if you open the door, then take a devil deal, when you get back out the door closes and you have no knife anymore. And I'm on a challenge so the portal down doesn't open either and I'm softlocked. Thanks Ed!

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

tithin posted:

That seems like it's going to be very very very RNG to open

The other knife. The one you get the pieces of in the new floors. :)

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Going to Home, and there's no door out of the Mines XL boss room. Softlocked. Dear God let us use mods and the console again.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Today's shockingly good combo - tech 2, mom's eye, perfection trinket. I was shooting so many lasers out my rear end anything that wasn't The Beast or the 4 Ultra horsemen melted instantly. I still killed all those bosses of course. As the Lost.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Kawalimus posted:

Never been a huge fan of Greed/Greedier mode in general but MAN was it a lot of fun as Tainted Magdalene

Tainted Keeper makes greed mode really fun too. I'd like a mod where enemies drop disappearing coins for all characters.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Alabaster Box is no longer charged when created with Tainted Cain. I know because I was in the middle of a run when I had to save and exit, had the patch applied, and then found out personally.

Good thing I was already God and only had to craft a couple more R Keys to get every single unlock except a Beast kill. Got planetariums finally as well!

Edit: Tainted Jacob exploit still works (kill Esau and exit to menu before he explodes).

GuavaMoment fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Apr 24, 2021

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Color Printer posted:

chimera has a real cool bug where you kill both at the same time somehow and the fight doesn't end

yeah i can quit and reload to retry the fight but that's not, that's not fun, that's not great

Confirmed. It was Dr. Fetus plus Haemolacria that did it for me. On a related note, is there anything Haemolacria synergizes well with, because it's nearly a run ender every time I pick it up.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Pigbuster posted:

[*]It's a good idea to keep breaking apart items until you get a bone heart solely for making Rock Bottom, ensuring you'll never accidentally reduce your stats. Sadly there is no item that makes bone hearts, so you need to rely on the rare chance you'll break one out of an item.

Pop a charged Alabaster Box in a secret room, the items will create bone hearts there.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
End of Mausoleum 1. I have Dead Cat, blank card heirophant made soul hearts everywhere, and a I have ton of items thanks to Damocles. Thus begins the wait for it to kill me...

Edit: Happened sometime in the last 90 minutes, now off to Mother.

GuavaMoment fucked around with this message at 22:22 on May 1, 2021

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
I'm using Tainted Cain to clear everyone's Greedier mode right now, so I'll try the monsto's lung method. The best path I found was rock bottom - polyphemus - sacred heart - godhead - soy milk - tractor beam - kidney stone. Kidney stone is actually the key, as that plus soy milk skyrockets your tear rate. Tainted Isaac keeps showing up more often than you'd want which ends/crashes your run, but there are other fun things to watch out for. I was able to win with Tainted Azazel and Forgotten, despite them not being able to shoot tears and move, respectively.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Araxxor posted:

Yeah, the reason the Monstro's Lung route is great is because all the items involved are low quality items, so they're a lot easier to craft, and they end up making you a harbinger of death with a lot less effort compared to trying to make stuff like Polyphemus or Sacred Heart. It gives you a lot more freedom on what to craft too since your power level is super high after that, so there's less need to hunt down more power, and you can focus on crafting utility items instead.

I'd highly recommend flat stone to go with Monstro's Lung using this route since it's the easiest way to fix the horrible range you end up with.

Did everyone else know that Tarot Cloth buffed the tarot cards in new ways? Hermit and Stars in particular are really nice changes.
https://platinumgod.co.uk/tarot-cloth

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Augus posted:

maybe one day I will get a single completion mark as the keeper

Are you using sacrifice rooms? They're really powerful as long as you can leave a few pennies around the map as needed.

I don't know why people complain so much about the keeper, even the old one. Yeah his speed is awful, but he's got good damage and his health gimmick can be gamed quite easily.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
How do you not eat poo poo in the room with four homing brimstone vis in the corners behind rocks? The one where you have to run around hitting buttons to open up the middle, final button?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Greenplastic posted:

Jacob+Esau Greedier mode tips please!!

I've completed everything else with them, but I'm really stuck here. I've been going for angel rooms, but the few times I even manage to complete the second floor I just get bad items and it never gets going.

Note that I refuse to press the button to stop the waves, it goes against my nature and the ancient principles of my people

Get tainted Cain OP, get Judas' shadow and clicker. Die. Clicker until you're J&E.