Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I hate the general aesthetic of this series and the pixels don't make it any better.

The gameplay though, oh man. I plan to play the gently caress out of this game. Not as much as some of your guys and your dozens and hundreds of hours in WotL though.

Controller support! It's almost like I'm not playing a flash game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

flatluigi posted:

Flash doesn't have controller support, joy2key was an actual suggestion not smug elitism

It does since this year. It started off kind of bad though. Aside from the wonderful expansion pack BoI isn't the kind of game to get bug fixes, let alone new features.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

It really seems like this game doesn't drop health and bombs as much as the previous one, but it gives way more in the way of items. This leads to me getting runs where I either get game breaking items or combinations that effortlessly carry me past mom, or I can't find any hearts at all and just die.

It could just be luck since I'm only 5-10 runs in. I didn't think the save problem affected me be my saves were still there when restarting the game, but steam cloud sync kicked in and removed it. Fixing those slashes in that txt file fixed it for future saves probably.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Are there any items that straight-up do nothing?

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Wugga posted:

Holy crap do I hate the Cursed Eye. Completely ruined my Eve run by teleporting me to random rooms whenever I got hit. At least it made for good practice for any upcoming Lost runs...

I've had some bad items but the Cursed Eye is super awful.

Unless it's early on Dead Cat is basically run-over for me. Sure I'd love to only have one health and nine lives. That way if I can't beat the heart on 1 HP I get to lose 8 more times. It'll be fun!

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

someone put 'the cursed eye won't teleport you if you're not charging a shot when you get hit' in the OP in big red flashing letters

Oh wow, that really almost helps. If I knew that then I could probably beat mom by just never shooting.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

If you don't kill the heart and skip to Sheol then it doesn't count as a heart kill.

If you do kill the heart but then continue to the next level instead of opening the chest does it count towards the unlockable levels, or do you have to get the things out of the chest X number of times for that to happen?

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Manos del Sino posted:

Sorry if this is a redundant topic, but I scanned the last couple pages and didn't see it mentioned:

I was in the Womb I last night when my screen flickered and the game seemed to slow down noticeably, playing very similar to old school BoI with its performance issues. It stayed that way through almost the entire level, then 2/3rds of the way through the boss fight, the screen glitched again and everything sped up - considerably more than normal speed. I couldn't adjust fast enough and died soon after.

So my question is - was that one of those random level handicaps, or is my system in need some TLC?

Were you streaming or recording?

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

They specifically talked about a two second pause or some other solution for those mom items in that hour long interview posted earlier. It will most likely make its way into the expansion but it seems out of the scope of what they want to do with base game updates.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Iny posted:

Really? A two-second spawning time tweak--what is that, a single line of code that says "wait(200);"?--seems "out of the scope of what they want to do with base-game updates"? That's the second-most minor thing I can possibly think of. Are you implicitly saying that patches will be limited entirely to "[item]'s [stat] has been slightly [increased/decreased]"? Because I literally cannot think of anything else that is compatible with a scope that tiny.

That's... I mean, I want to clarify that I'm not angry here, this is a thing that's never affected me at all, it's just... that's weird as hell and I'd like to know what's up.

Patches will probably just be bug and stability fixes. I did have the latest version of the game crash once.

One thing I would really like to see that is again the easiest fix and won't happen until the expansion is an option to disable the visual filter in womb/utero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

God loving drat it.

My save is gone.