Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Anchors posted:

If the ~500 hours to complete is accurate, then 20 days and 20 hours. Granted, being olds pros as they are for the game, I'd take off as much as 100 hours from that figure. However, I'd guess the psychological damage and fatigue they'd sustain from doing nothing but playing Rebirth might slow them down a bit, so it might just be a wash in the end.

Edmund has said that he thinks Cobalt will be the first person to 100% Rebirth, so he's gotta live up to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

I sucked at the original for the longest time, and up until a couple of weeks ago hadn't even managed to reach the Mom's foot fight. But tonight I managed to unlock both the D6 and the D20... Just in time to never play the game again.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

HGH posted:

I don't know whether to stick around for spoilers or avoid them for the next 3 hours. I'd like stuff to be a surprise but then again, knowing things ahead of time would help...

Yeah, I'm kind of torn on this too. One the one hand, my enjoyment of the original went up considerably after I'd watched a bunch of YouTube / Twitch videos and actually understood what all of the items did. On the other, you only get to enjoy the process of discovery once...

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

Where's the game.

Rebirth has been cancelled :(

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Vonnie posted:

Please contact your ISP.

I have written to my Congressman asking him to take action to help me play dead baby poop game

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

CrashCat posted:

Currently laughing at Cobalt getting an "already running" error trying everything but restarting his PC. :allears:

He's melting down pretty hard

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Beat Mom's foot on first run :getin:

I was hesitant to pick up Number 1 (naturally), but holy poo poo it turbocharged my Brimstone. This owns.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Smornstein posted:

So what does the gimp mask do? I got it from Stan but didn't really figure out what it did.

Stan's a cool dude.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Zeron posted:

Oh god a magnetic tears item that affects enemies, that got me killed really fast.

I got Magnetic Tears combined with Ludovico and Concussive Tears and it was deadly, I could stick the tear on the other side of the room, and it would suck in all of the enemies and bash them around until they were dead. And as if that wasn't enough, I also got the Infamy mask, triple orbitals and became Guppy so absolutely nothing could touch me :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

BJPaskoff posted:

Apparently there is a patch coming today for PC users. It'll hit the Playstation versions afterwards. I hope it's just bug fixes, changing the Brimstone sound, and no rebalancing.

Did anyone else notice that Lil' Brimstone uses a sound more like the old Brimstone? It's the only Brimstone-like effect in the game that doesn't use the ear-piercing new sound.

Am I the only one who really likes the new Brimstone sound? Is everyone else playing using headphones or something? I also love the new Depths music so v:v:v