Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I only bought the game after WotL, and got them at the same time on sale. I 100% the game after something like 300 hours. I started playing without the expansion after Steam made the option to turn off DLC from the Steam interface. I only played that way for a while, as I missed becoming an overpowered god. (I'm pretty much always trying to kill myself to get Guppy mode.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

ChibiSoma posted:

All the no-damage achievements are back... and now there's one for The Chest/Dark Room. So that'll be fun. :cry:

God drat it.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Just FYI, Rebirth is now available to pre-load on Steam.

It's finally happening guys. It's almost here.

Edit: Or possibly not? The preload button is there, but I can't get it to download.

I just relaunched Steam and clicked Pre-Load. It's on my local Library now, whereas it wasn't a few hours before when I was trying to add it to my library. The last game could be launched without Steam, so I'm guessing that they're not letting you add BoIR because it may not have DRM either. If it downloaded, maybe you could play it right away.

I'm too excited for this.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Oh my god, less than an hour and I can be that guy on the street that everyone wonders if he ever comes out of his house.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Can you F5 Steam? Because that's what I'd do.

Seriously, do you have to quit and reopen Steam or something?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Maybe there's not enough room to install the game? What's the command to format a hard drive again?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

GlobalMegaCorp posted:

Anyone else playing this on a Mac? My screen goes black every time one of the boss characters lands after a jump... I assume there's supposed to be some sort of earthquake effect that isn't working.

From a while ago, but yes, this happens to me with Monstro and some other boss. However, trying to fight Mom's Heart has the black screen the entire fight. So I quit out of the game hoping that I can pick that playthrough again when it's fixed.

Using a retina screen for what it's worth. Might pick up the game on my desktop PC running Windows 7 to finish off that fight.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So in the first Binding Of Isaac I struggled for months to get Dark Boy. Tonight, in 10 hours of playing this game, I no-hit the Depths with loving Eve. I didn't even know I pulled that off. I don't think I even had anything great, certainly not the one-hit protection shield, not the awesome shield shots, or any orbitals. Just a lot of luck apparently. Took me by surprise, and it's good that it's out of the way already.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Dr. Fetus posted:

Any tips on Spelunker Boy? This is in Wrath of the Lamb Isaac, not Rebirth so I can't just cheese it with Azazel and some crazy item loadout. It feels like I'm doing well, and then the game decides to throw a room at me where I can't avoid taking any damage or a really awful boss is thrown at me. I had a much easier time with the other no damage achievements, but I have no idea why this one is giving me so much trouble.

Doctor's Revenge challenge with Cain. Hope for homing bombs and maybe flight.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So what's the trick/bug with unlocking The Lost? I tried it last night, and died to a brimestone attack, because the wiki said it had to be a projectile. I saw people in this thread say you have to die by contact with 2nd stage Satan instead though. (I didn't use seeds on the Azazel fight.)

That, or I messed up because I went with Judas so many times way past the mom fight because I forgot what I was doing, got overpowered, and was nearly at Sheol before I restarted the game.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Speaking of confirming things debated in this thread... I just got 3 bandaid balls and didn't get the achievement. I did get the achievement after 4 meat cubes however. Sadly, I went into a spike room in the womb without the health to get out, I forgot it did double damage at that point. Guppy's Collar kept putting me back in that room.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Nastyman posted:

You know what owns? Losing your boss rush to a 6 minute mask of infamy fight :shepicide:

The best way to deal with him is to use that loving Bloat against him. Stand next to the Bloat and let him do his dual brimstone attacks right as soon as he spawns. Most of the time this will kill both the heart and the mask before it can do anything. Or at least, the Bloat's brimstone can be used to get the mask killed since it ignores the front-facing shield.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Looks like My Reflection as well, the way it follows Isaac.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

That item would be much better if the light effect never stopped until you left the room. And less of a charge.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

something posted:

People really overestimate the difficulty of the adversary just because of his homing brimstone. Once you figure out the trick it's almost trivial to dodge.

I haven't fought the Adversary too many times, but is his trick to stay directly above/below him? Or one of the sides? I think the Fallen will shoot it's brimstone always to the N/S, and the Adversary always fires E/W. I can't remember because I'm redoing the Hard runs, and I'm doing the Chest side first.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

Beating the lamb as Judas's Shadow doesn't unlock items? I got a win for Judas (started as Eve) on the select screen but no item unlocked or achievement for judas.

I think Judas unlocks the Left Hand, which you can also unlock by beating Mega Pride. So you probably already did that, and got the win for Eve.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yesterday I got lucky getting the Book of Revelations in Caves 2, and got the Ball of Bandages unlocked (I already had Meat Boy unlocked the same way). Now I have everything beaten in Hard Mode for all the characters except The Lost. I'm 14 deaths away from unlocking the Scissors to get Platinum God. I think I might have to play as The Lost just to get that death counter high enough.

I decided to semi-cheat as The Lost. I'm going to have Cheat Engine running with him, and if there's an item that he can't use, I'm going to spawn the D6 and reroll it into something that he can. I don't feel like scumming for a good start item all the time, and I doubt that Ed's going to take out the worthless items out of his item pool.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Dr. Fetus posted:

Here's an interesting glitch related to the boss rush. If you bomb a skull and a host appears, you can kill it and it counts as beating the boss rush, and you'll get a free item out of it. This also counts for achievements and unlocks. Of course, you would have to get lucky enough for a skull to spawn in the boss rush in the first place, and even luckier to have a host spawn. But it's something to keep in mind.

I wonder if this works with a fly spawned from the portable slot machine, like in the Flash Isaac.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Iretep posted:

Break angel statues in angel rooms twice in a run.

Man I hope that the next expansion adds something so you can break devil statues for some kind of boss fight for the key as well. You pretty much have to decide from Caves 2 that you want to go for Mega Satan if you want to fight him. One Devil deal and it's all over.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Hell, I got both during normal play just by getting the Book of Revelations early enough, and in both cases I was lucky and didn't get Conquest in the womb. Probably got them both in just over the time to beat every character on each difficulty, before getting 100 deaths. Something around 120 hours, not spent trying to obsess over getting those two achievements.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

My work PC can't play the new one, but played the original fine. So I might buy and reinstall it just for those slow work nights.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Hell I say make it so that it continues to run until the room is exited. That plus the damage upgrade would make it finally a good item.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

There's only 3 spacebar items in that picture though. And not to mention, you're not supposed to see 200 of the game's 300 items in one run.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Hell it looks like the Mac version even is being left behind. I want to see these Curse of the Lost transitions you guys are talking about.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'll take a mod that takes the items The Lost can't use out of his item pool. If that exists, it'll be the first one I try, and the only way I will try to get The Lost cleared.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

You could use Steam Achievement Manager to unlock it.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

After me. The secret is to not want it, but drop everything you were doing when you see that book early in a run.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Getting the Ludavico Technique after getting Strange Attractor was fun though. Until I picked up Mom's Knife which made it so the knife only attracted items on the ground, not enemies.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Xeras posted:

Cool 100 more lovely items and a whole new character with even shittier mechanics coming right up!

Yeah because that's all the 100 additional items and new characters in Rebirth turned out to be!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Watch the Chaos card be the one thing that kept the coding for mouseaim.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Pin, you just go right to the bottom of the screen. It may take a jump or two, but after that, you just walk a step to the left or right, and dodge the bombs. He's the easiest boss.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The Binding Of Isaac: Eternal (classic game hardmode update) went up today.

https://twitter.com/Gamesquidable/status/594553843934867456
On PC only for now, Mac in a week.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

You're unlucky, I just did this and got pills in my last run.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I was a cheating bastard who used a mod that gave him The Relic and spectral tears to begin with. Got all the unlocks that way, as gently caress trying to use him legitimately.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

You are correct, that's the one. To make up for it, here's a link to the mod:

The Lost Rebalanced 2.0
http://www.reddit.com/r/themoddingofisaac/comments/2qbhde/the_lost_rebalanced_20/

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I really hope Rebirth has White Gold chests. Like the red chests, but with items from the Heaven room, maybe an eternal heart, etc. A counterpart to the red chests, and maybe way to get the key/Godhead easier.

(Why yes, I am trying to get the Godhead so I can RPG the game).

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So Jibo/AnonSpore. I never noticed that more than one person had that avatar until just now. What's that avatar's deal?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

wyoming posted:

loving hate this game.

Doesn't the question mark on the forehead mean that you have "There's Options"? Doesn't that mean Conquest will spawn with the Pony and the meatball?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Sure doesn't look like they made it any more fun though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

As you play more you know which items are good and which ones to avoid. This helps you get more OP more often, and that helps you win too.