Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
If the ~500 hours to complete is accurate, then 20 days and 20 hours. Granted, being olds pros as they are for the game, I'd take off as much as 100 hours from that figure. However, I'd guess the psychological damage and fatigue they'd sustain from doing nothing but playing Rebirth might slow them down a bit, so it might just be a wash in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
In the future, you can just exit the game normally in the boss rush room before you start the fight and then when you alt+f4 you'll start there and won't have to do the whole floor again.

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
It might make it more likely, but it definitely doesn't lock it to one of the items.

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
I'm with IMJack, damage is damage.

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
I like the tiny rooms. Plus, if my intuition is correct, i think that rather than muck about with the secret room spawning code a lot, Edmund will just make it so that secret rooms can connect to the tiny rooms from the thin side.

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
And red poops. Hate red poop so much.

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
Just started Greed mode. Trip Report:
First item is a piggy bank, blow up the blood donation machine for an IV bag, shop sells infinite red hearts. I've just been buying items for ten minutes.
Greed is good.

Edit: I appear to have transformed into a version of Angel Isaac.

Anchors fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Oct 30, 2015

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007

legoman727 posted:

Isaac just updated. Don't let it update, it causes the game to crash whenever you try to start a new Greed run with Eve.ANYONE. :suicide:

Confirmed.

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
Killing yourself after filling the greed machine and doing the alt+f4 exploit and fighting greed again works pretty well since he'll drop a fresh machine machine for you. Though at that point the line between playing the game fairly and just cheat engineing your stuff blurs

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
You got lucky. The d6 doesn't care about shop prices.

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
I feel like a better way to balance the stopwatch is simply have it so it acted like the broken stopwatch but with no chance to speed up. Then it's pretty powerful and not another get hit type of item.

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
Is it just really bad luck on my part, or do Curse rooms have a much lower chance of having items in them now? I can count on my fingers the number of times I've gotten some since afterbirth and I check pretty frequently.

Edit: Just noticed that the Ball and Chain no longer has a speed down attached to it. Pretty nice.

Anchors fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Nov 22, 2015

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007

Dr. Fetus posted:

It wouldn't. You can only get Diplopia in the shop, so there's only one copy of it in any given run.

Not entirely true. If Eden herself starts with Diplopia, you could still get another copy in the store.

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
Always.

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
I took my time on the daily run and wow, they wanted you to explore. Rune bag in a secret room dead cat just sitting in curse rooms. I'm so sorry Iwata, I turned you into a cat-leviathan-mushroom hybrid.

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007

AnonSpore posted:

Is there any better tactic for getting Mega Blast than just restarting over and over with Isaac in greed mode and breaking the game until you get nothing but milks

It seems like Eden doesn't care about item rarity. I get mega all the time as her.

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
I got the key parts from sacrifice rooms, was going to be a good mega Satan run before I accidentally exit out and ended it early.

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
At the very least, the Razor Blade should have a floor long effect.

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
Personally, I think it should just be that nickles and dimes give you soul and sin type coins respectively instead of just healing your regular red heart type coins. The relative rarity of the higher denomination coins would make it so that Keeper plays more like a classic binding of isaac character, so hard but not BS hard like he is now.

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
I liked Brains and The Guardian. I also liked Onan's Challenge. I find most of the challenges entertaining in their own way.

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
Nah, I get Dad's Key all the time.

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
Cursed Eye is fine, if a bit situational. The increased burst damage is great against bosses, since you only certain windows to hit them for most of them. It also has some nice synergies with dead eye and tear status effects.

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
Just pretend you're still shooting from her, but have to lead your shots a lot more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
I, too, enjoy the classic windows desktop settings. You kids and your newfangled web 2.0 will never understand.