Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I can't use the Fortune Telling Machine because there's an item that can come out of it that crashes my game.

Otherwise it's v good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I got the Spider Boy powerup (4x shots) with azael and holy lmao it takes forever to charge up but things loving DIE

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

LaughMyselfTo posted:

Neah, I think that prize goes to Lazarus.

he's just isaac with a free "respawn in room" button. The worst character is probably blue baby, especially now that the lost exists.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

ArfJason posted:

just lost a completely bonkers Lost run with whore of babylon, the mark and lil brimstone to super peep (the one with loving instabrimstone). it was to one of his eyes though

I hate that piece of poo poo, it's the worst boss.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Logan 5 posted:

It does give you 6 sin hearts, but I think it removes more than just the 2 red hearts it costs because the last few times I picked it up I lost all (3-4) heart containers I had. Still an awesome item though, and a great help for ??? runs.

Yeah, I found this out earlier too. If you get an item that would kill you but it grants bonus hearts, you don't die. I think the bonus hearts are applied first, or at the same time or something.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Can the lost fly, at least?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Alkydere posted:

Same here. Especially now that I have the cellar. The Haunt is just so obnoxious that it's just not worth doing the run if my first item isn't good.

For this game I specifically found out what to do to avoid unlocking the cellar so I could avoid pin and the haunt.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Mega-Satan's third form got me, I haven't had a good fakeout like that in a video game in a while.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Spoonbender on the first floor. Three guppy items in the first devil room. Brimstone on the very next floor. Holy mantle the floor after.

I've never had a win literally thrown at me before but Jesus game some subtlety would be nice.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

dis astranagant posted:

Nah, it starts you with MissingNo. Possibly a special version that triggers every room instead of every floor.

Missingno, undefined, and the cartridge. Would be pretty fun!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

If I SAM the meat boy achievement does that unlock the item in game? I spent two hours trying to get all four horsemen to spawn and the game told me to gently caress off, so...

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Thing I learned: if you use the D4 enough eventually it just breaks and you don't have anything, just base stats. It was fun while it lasted though!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm still mildly disappointed that getting three Bob items doesn't turn you into Bob and gives you pyromaniac / ipecac.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Holy CRAP, Family Man is a loving slog. It's not even especially difficult it just takes loving forever. Even if you get more familiars, they all fire at the exact same speed which cannot be increased and do damage which is independent from your damage stat and it's just maddening.

Pretty sure rotten baby's flies do damage based on your tear strength. Rotten baby is OP.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Iny posted:

Dry Baby blocks enemy fire and attacks with the Necronomicon; you can beat Isaac by standing behind the little guy and waiting.

Dry baby is always a welcome sight. He and rotten baby are the best familiars.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Mom's knife with parasite shoots out tiny forks at the end of its charge before it begins returning to you. Bam item now rules

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Once you have seen every item once the game just gives Breakfast (1 hp up) in all possible situations where an item can appear. That happens to prevent it from crashing.

D4 does this too, which is loving lame.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Idea for the lost: getting a health up or x number of soul / sin hearts gives you half an eternal heart. The eternal hearts are a single hit and cannot be replenished. This gives you a very small amount of leeway without causing frustration while also keeping the lost's "don't get hit ever" play style.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I loving hate conquest.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Every game goons say you need a gamepad to play (Super Meat Boy, Dark Souls) I've beaten just fine with a keyboard. This game plays fine with a keyboard as well.

A controller is best for meat boy just to prevent hand cramps.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Are they still doing that suggest a feature? I really want to ask them to put in a Bob transformation even if it doesn't do anything.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

quote:

7. BRAINS! : start with 3-4 bobs brains, blindfolded (no tears)
What kind of loving monster

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

One of the ones in there is that Little Steven vanishes if you pick up the box, which is pretty funny and I hope it gets in.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Your Computer posted:

Did Florian have a hand in that bat design? Jesus christ, 3x more health than the already beefy regular bats. Sounds unfun to the max.

D4 not rerolling into Breakfast is godly though, and actually makes the item fun.

No poo poo, eh? :rolleyes:

Fat bats look like they're extremely slow, which I'm totally okay with. I agree that 3x is a bit much though.

Also the flooded basement looks like it's another alt floor.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Man, seven of the ones I've finished the conditions for haven't unlocked. Goddamn buggy-rear end game. :mad:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I would kill a man to re-lock conquest, that loving rear end in a top hat has ruined so many attempts to get a super meat boy

I fully completed the lost, for gently caress's sake, why

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Bobo the Red posted:

Trying to decide whether to hate trying to beat boss rush/dark room with the lost, or hate trying to get meatboy and bandage girl

If it makes you feel any better I have all of the items for The Lost and I have yet to get super meat boy, so i'd suggest that.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Extreme0 posted:

I just beat Greed Mode with the Lost. It's actually preety easy compared to the normal run through with the Lost.

Unlocked the Zodiac so it will be interesting in what it does.

I'm just guessing but given what The Lost's other unlocks are i'm guessing The Zodiac gives you all 12 of the zodiac items at once.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Alkydere posted:

It's...901 backwards? Yeah that number makes no sense.

What does the Greed Donation Machine at the end even give you? More unlocks?

Nothing, the last reward start Cain with a lockpick and that's at 80 something.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah if they made greed mode less broken it wouldn't be any fun. Without using those items for coins you're basically given about one or two shop items a floor. And that is lame.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The devil room turret monsters are really dumb and I don't know why they're there.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

So I'm seeing people with these enormous lilith trains, and i'm not 100% sure how people are getting them? The monsters you get from the box go away by the next room, and barring some sort of infinite battery situation I don't know how so many people are getting them.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Augus posted:

Batteries regenerate between rounds in boss rush/greed mode but the familiars don't actually go away until you leave the room so you can just keep on doubling them

Oxyclean posted:

You get item charges each wave of greed mode and boss rush.

Ah, okay. I took her into normal mode and was like "man, Lilith kinda sucks!"

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

DrGreatJob posted:

Yeah, but on the other hand :getin:

Ipecac, Mutant Spider, Tractor Beam, Holy Mantle, Wafer, Holy Light, etc. You know, everything good in the game. Turns out it's still fun to break the poo poo out of Isaac after all this time.

Edit: Eh, well, I killed the Lamb basically instantly without even firing so... yeah. Maybe a bit too overpowered.

I think you mean "just powered enough" :colbert:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The nightlight is really cool, but I play with a loving keyboard so it's totally not worth the effort to use.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Thread Challenge: Beat Greed mode without picking up any coins.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Man, the Speed! Challenge loving suuuuuuuuuuuuucks

Who put a loving time limit on this thing? why does isaac not move / shoot faster like the enemies???

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

So I'm doing the Have a Heart challenge and I completely broke it via getting a rainbow poop in the second room along with getting quad shot and brimstone.

There is just one little problem though...

Where the gently caress is the boss room??

If anybody feels like testing out the seed, it's 4AMN KTRO. I played through it again and again, no boss room spawn.

It's probably attached to one of the secret rooms.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Someone should really tell Edmund to change the Boss Rush so it's capped at a specific number of bosses instead of "all of them". It takes like five minutes to go through it and the items are never, EVER worth the time and effort you put in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

All his coins have at least double (and in a couple cases quintuple) health now, going from 50 or 20 to 100 HP. So they're not resolving faster, you're just destroying less of the coins before they "activate" than you're used to.

Why does Edmund keep trying to make us hate his game

Also sprites for The Keeper are in the game, but he is still unplayable.