Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

I finally unlocked azazel. I had a run where I got a goat head and every 'devil' room that showed up from then on out was a jesus room. it was really irritating.

My first azazel run I got to the cathedral place which I've never been to before. It kind of sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

What's the extra new character? I've got lazarus, eden and azazel.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

What's the secret fourth character in this one?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i managed to get spirit of the night, devil bum, gimp mask, soul converter (yaaay turning all those soul hearts into heart containers) and a whole other bunch of crazy poo poo on a cain run. I had the humble bundle thing so every time a heart dropped it was 2 hearts so my little devil bro was making GBS threads out soul hearts like crazy that I could turn into permenant heart containers.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Man if the Lost is just a worse ??? I'm kind of disappointed

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How the hell do I unlock the cellar? I've killed every regular boss like a bajillion times now.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Atomicated posted:

Someone earlier in the thread suggested you might need to kill the two halves of gemini in both orders (big guy then small and small guy then big) to get it to trigger. Seemed like that's what did it for me.

I finally got it when I encountered a green gemini in the boss rush where the small guy and big guy were totally seperate. I killed the small guy first then killed the big guy after he changed his animations back to running at me. I'd killed the fetus first before, but those times it was like a fraction of a second apart instead of a couple of seconds like this time. I guess it needs time to register one has died?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Do you have to do all the things for unlocking the lost in a row? If you gently caress up or reset does it not do it?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

david basically cheated to kill goliath. he used a sling which is like the era equivalent of showing up and shooting a tall guy in the head.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

mongo baby is a piece of poo poo who kills and eats your other babies and is poo poo

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

HGH posted:

Oh man I had the Broken Watch and it activated in the Cathedral, and I had to pause the game from the fit of laughter I had at hearing the music. Wish I had recorded it because it was hilariously stupid sounding. I'd imagine Sheol is much of the same.

Wait so that's what it is? I just thought it was a familiar with a higher rate of fire. Does it get stronger from eating others at least?

it replicates one of your other babies but doesnt work with lil brimstone. I had lil brimstone and lil gish and picked up mongo baby and it killed both of them and then did gish's shots.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

The soul converter is amazing with dark bum too. Turn those soul hearts into heart containers.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

I wish guppy was an unlockable character

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i reinstalled this game and i guess steam didn't save my old saves so i have to unlock all the drat poo poo again

it doesnt help that in the first room i always get some insanely useless afterbirth item that sucks

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Holding R restarts the run

thanks man thats gonna speed this up a whole lot!

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

after finally beating greed mode for the first time i have come to the horrifying realisation of how much work its going to be to unlock the keeper

i just want to play as cool monsters, god damnit. why must they hide the cool skeleton, the keeper, and the new demon boy behind such difficult things.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

ok, i guess screw that guy then. saves me playing greed mode till i go blind.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

man this moms shovel business is a friggin nightmare.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

hell yes i did it, thank you for the advice guys!

i had been using azazel but i just kept on loving up and dying during the boss rush. resetting like a cheap rear end bitch until i got pyromaniac meant that the game actually got harder once the mom feet stopped stomping on me. first run with pyromaniac i made it all the way and dug up my little bone son.

eating meat gives him a real sassy look

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

gotta say, not a fan of azazel in greed mode. it gets tiresome clearing hordes with his chargeup mechanic, his flying is less advantageous cause there are no hazards on the floor or pits, or really much collectibles to get behind rocks. the lack of rocks to bust means you dont get as many spirit hearts. he's still decent, but if i focus on buying health stuff I end up with not enough damage to take down ultra greed before i die, and if I focus on damage i just die fast.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

DontMockMySmock posted:

He does really good damage, flight gets you into curse rooms, and there are still tinted rocks (not as many, though, it's true). He also has a decent base speed and won't get corner-trapped by pits/rocks, so you should be pretty dodgy.

I mean, Isaac is still the best character for Greed/ier because of the d6, but Azazel would probably be my number two or three pick.

i did eventually get it down with azazel, i was just getting frustrated with a bunch of lovely runs after winning a few times in a row with cain. I ended up getting the ludovico technique, which whips insane amounts of rear end with azazel. I don't think i got touched for the rest of that run.

is the forgotten designed as a proper playable character, or is he meant to be challenge bullshit like the ??? or the lost? it seems like he whips rear end in a lot of ways, but the bone hearts kinda stress me out much more than dealing with spirit hearts as azazel for some bizarre reason.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

ok i think i'm getting the hang of the forgotten. he's the first guy i've ever played where getting monstro's lung was actually a GOOD thing. I didn't realise for the longest time that the body acted as an obstacle when you're in soul mode, which let me trivialize the isaac fight (still working on getting that positive unlocked).

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

had a crazy good run with samson, got a prayer card, pyromaniac, and the 99 bombs item. i had 12 hearts after several devil deals, could take a ton of hp damage to ramp up my damage, and then heal up with bombs or boss attacks. beat mega satan in literally my first encounter with him after banging out the gold key in a sacrifice room in the womb and killing the angels.

now to learn what the heck to do with my new lil demon son.

edit: i wish some of the transformations were just characters on their own. not so much the minor ones, but the stuff like beezlebub that add mechanics. it would be neat to pick to do a dedicated fly run or something instead of just hoping for fly items

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jul 11, 2018

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i havent played this game in forever and i totally suck at it

i want to get back to being good at my favourite characters, apollyon and the little skeleton man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

is the greed character you unlock actually fun to play as? or is it just another challenge one that sucks? i got some ways into greed mode last time i played but idk if i want to grind out the rest now that i suck