Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

In case anyone didn't know, Rebirth will be free if you have PSN plus.
This should probably go in the OP because it's huge. I'm so looking forward to this game on PS4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

I'm not hugely into this game so I have no idea what I just did, but I killed Mom and went into a broken room above her. There were 4 items, I picked one and then a loving boss rush happened. I was fighting 2 at a time and managed to get past about 6 waves before Gish and something else that jumps around and slams killed me. Is that room supposed to just be wave after wave? Cos if so holy poo poo how are you supposed to even beat it?

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Waffle! posted:

That's Boss Rush, and yes. It's almost every boss. If you have good items and some flies or buddies for support, you can do it.
That's mental. I'm guessing the reward for it must be something good then.

The only thing I really had was poison tears. No buddies except a bum who stole all the money before I could get it. I wish items would replenish after each boss wave. I had Anarchist's Cookbook which would have made it a hell of a lot easier.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Last night I got so lucky with a Lost run. I had decent damage, amazing speed and shot speed, 9 lives, book of belial and rotten baby.

My first enemy room in the dark room was double Adversary and I choked :(

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Finally took The Lost to the dark room and won! Wasn't too overpowered, just guppy, stopwatch, cricket's head, death's touch, infestation 2 and 9 lives :stare:

And to think I started out with Taurus and debated whether to scrap the run straight up.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Sometimes this RNG just sucks. Managed to get book of revs on the basement, killed 2 of the horsemen and used The World on depths 1. It showed a double boss room :(

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Any idea if this is coming out at the same time on other consoles? I've just finished my Switch game saves and honestly seeing that Steam page makes me want to buy it on PC and get ready for Repentance on there instead

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Psychedelicatessen posted:

It's not. Repentance might come to Switch later (20XX), but PC is seemingly on new years eve
Welp that sounds like a good excuse to buy it on PC and start over again.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Slumming my way through the PC version to try and get 100000% before Repentance and just had the dream run. Used Diplopia on a steam sale in the store, so managed to get everything for free. Bombed the reroll machine and the immediate next item was a restock. Managed to grab a lot of items I didn't have on my checklist from that.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Augus posted:

it's funny how afterbirth+ added 6 bosses and none of them are fun
Big Horn isn't bad, it can just get messy sometimes when like 4 hands pop up at once.

The rest are pure trash though.

Oh god this made me realise there will probably be Delirium versions of the new bosses.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Is there an easy way to unlock the Lost? I thought about greed mode and just buying trinkets but no sacrifice room. I've literally got like 10 characters full completion marks and only seen the missing poster once, and that was on a run where I as OP as gently caress and needed the unlocks so I couldn't go for it really.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Augus posted:

it's a trinket so mom's box will drop the poster eventually if you find away to spam it enough.
you could also try to spam the restock machine in a shop, or a fortune teller machine as Cain

Carpator Diei posted:

New Repentance devblog post, this time a rather substantial interview with the Antibirth team. Also has some cute concept art of Antibirth bosses and a few Repentance preview gifs.
Managed to finally get him unlocked after getting lucky with a blank card and 2 of diamonds and rinsing the stores of items. Then on the same run I beat It Lives, Isaac and ??? with him too because I was so overpowered.

Lost runs are fun though so I'm looking forward to the rest of the unlocks, and getting godhead obviously.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Didn't actually think I'd get this done in a day. At some point I had a supremely overpowered run going, started with Prop from Eden's Blessing on a previous run. Then found Dr Fetus, then found Ipecac. For some reason my own explosions didn't hurt me and I don't know what I picked up to make that happen, but by the time I made it to It Lives I as doing just under 100 damage per bomb, which got me through Hush, Satan, The Lamb and Delirium :stare:

Just under 100 achievements to go, hopefully can get this file 100% before Reptenance

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

PIZZA.BAT posted:

The item was host hat or pyromaniac- same effect for the lost. Also congrats- what you did is probably more rare than being struck by lightning
Definitely didn't have either of them, which is why I'm kind of weirded out by that run. I really wish I took the seed down now.

EDIT: Never mind, apparently it's a synergy. Guess that makes sense with the crazy bomb damage.

Ipecac + Dr. Fetus: Isaac is immune to his bomb shots (not explosives or placed bombs) and the damage is massively increased, as the +40 damage from Ipecac is run through the damage multiplier of Dr. Fetus. Shots will also explode immediately on impact with enemies, rocks or walls.

Kifisonfire fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Oct 24, 2020

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Tofu Injection posted:

The "participate in 31 consecutive dailys" thing is the most stupid loving thing that ever stupidly hosed.
You can just die in the first room to be fair. I remember that being annoying, but I got into the habit of starting it up and dying ASAP just to get the progress.

LifeLynx posted:

That was patched years ago, wasn't it? You don't need to do them in a row, just do 31 total. Maybe it was an expansion pack you don't have.
Think it was only patched on PC. On Switch at least it's still 31.

Managed to get all marks for all characters except Keeper. I haven't even done a run with him yet. Still trying to will myself to do it.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Just had a rare good run with Keeper. 9 Volt was handy with the wooden nickel, ended up with Eve's Mascara, Holy Light, Epiphora and Soy Milk. That got me through Satan, The Lamb, Mega Satan and Delirium.

Only Greedier and Hush to go and I'm done with this stupid character.

Kifisonfire fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Nov 1, 2020

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Pigbuster posted:

I completed Keeper's marks by installing one of the mods that makes him actually fun because screw playing that dogshit character. Thank goodness the next character was The Forgotten, who rules.
Which mod did you use? I can't be hosed with Hush after dying to him a few times.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

This game is so loving dumb sometimes

https://i.imgur.com/9NPWfC0.mp4

Keeper with Swallowed Penny, Ipecac, Haemolacria, Magic Mush and Tech X was broken enough. Then I get to Hush and find Prop and Nails. Almost felt guilty killing Hush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

PIZZA.BAT posted:

I feel like you could have done this in five shots instead of six if your fifth shot had hit Hush instead of his ADS
Probably, the Tech X rings would've killed the ADS anyway, plus I had some blue flies that would've done some nice damage. Hush armour be damned, was a fun "fight" though.