Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

One change I hope to see in Rebirth is making the horseman bosses less common. The boss fights in BoI are awesome, and it's a real bummer that a subset of them that show up a lot are just (usually minor) variations on the same fight. Knowing what drop you're going to get before the fight even starts is pretty lame, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

IMJack posted:

Maybe we'll get lucky and "no damage" means "no red heart damage" for the achievements. That's what I hope anyway.

Unlikely, seeing as ??? exists.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So what time will this be unlocking? 12 EST?

<steam_store_page.jpg>

10am PST unless someone changes their mind.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Silentman0 posted:

I watched a little bit before the Rebirth stream, I think it's usually this awful.

Yeah I watched some Twin Galaxies streaming Shadow of Mordor pre-release and they are super in love with their lovely multi-cams and awkward nonsense.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

My god, this Samson run was insane. Got Number One and something that gave me splash damage early on, and after that the game seemed determined to heap as many damage and range upgrades on me as it could. As if that weren't enough, I picked up Cancer in the caves or depths :stare:

Cruised to and through the womb with incredible ease, got my first heart kill, and got a God room allowing me to go to the cathedral early. That boss wasn't hard either. :v:

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

That boss rush sure is something :stare:

I'm at 2 heart kills now, and both times I got either a god room or devil room to allow me to keep going. Has this been happening to anyone else, or am I getting lucky?

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

goodness posted:

I don't want to get Technology in this situation right?

It's probably too late but ludovico + technology is actually really good. It damages everything in the circle instead of just what touches the edge. It will do less damage per hit, but it seemed worth it the one time I had it.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

goodness posted:

I retried and got the technology, but all it did was make the huge laser circle a tiny laser circle. Seemed to make it harder to hit things honestly.

Maybe that combo reacts poorly to brimstone, or Azazel in particular, or I had something else that made it rad? :iiam:

All I know for sure is that I had (among other things) ludovico and tech and it was a fun time v:shobon:v

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Wugga posted:

200+ hours played and I never knew these things could spawn in the Basement.

Do those things ever actually pose a threat? I've never left them alive long enough to see if they do anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Just had an Eden run that started me with the blank card and a hierophant card. Easiest run I've ever had, even though I almost ruined everything by leaving the hierophant card outside the boss room on depths 2. Thankfully by then I had cat mode and probably the highest fire rate I've ever had without cancer, so I'd have had to play really badly to lose. Came within inches of getting Mama's Boy, but took a hit right before the It Lives fight. Finally beat the Lamb, though!

This game is fun as gently caress, I'm so glad it's not hobbled by being in flash anymore.