Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Any tips for beating greed mode with the lost? I just barely managed to beat the Hush with the lost on a super lucky run but I can't seem to do anything with it in greed mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

Manatee Cannon posted:

as always, gnawed leaf/daddy longlegs removes any challenge from the lost

Do I just keep restarting greed mode until I run into gnawed leaf?

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Car Battery for Lilith is so drat good, especially when you also have a Charged Baby.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
What's the point of Isaac's heart? It seems entirely worthless and pointless for how easily it gets hit.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
What's the best way to get Mega Blast? It's the last item I need on my list.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
What's the general strategy for Greedier mode? I was able to play and beat greed mode back then with all the characters but greedier mode is just kicking my rear end left and right. :(

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tullius posted:

Restart till u get a dps upgrade straight away. Then pray for pyro.

Which items are considered to be a dps upgrade? Is it just items that raise damage?

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
How do you break greed mode with the d20?

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Thanks, guys. Been playing this for so many hours yet I've never tried that. Sounds like a fun way to waste time.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I only wanted to know the awful ones :shobon:

There's one where you have to: "Defeat The Lamb without taking hearts, coins and bombs"

That seems pretty awful.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

BJPaskoff posted:

I can't seem to find any information on this. What counts as "taking hearts"? Does Abaddon giving you six black hearts count against you? Does taking Skeleton Key count as picking up keys? Or is it literally only the pickups? Because I'm fairly certain I can do this in one broken Isaac run but I don't want to be afraid of taking every single item.

I got it from the gamepedia page here: http://bindingofisaacrebirth.gamepedia.com/Achievements#Afterbirth_.E2.80.A0_Achievements

It may not be the most reliable but that is the site I use for BoI info.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Just got done with the Aprils Fool challenge, all I have left is Ultra Hard. Any tips for that beyond resetting to get a good first item?

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Today's daily was really easy. Got a ton of red heart containers and even brimstone a few floors in.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

xanthan posted:

Any info on what mods went in?

No idea what they do, but those are all the new items, maybe?

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is there a good mod or method to use the flash binding of isaac soundtrack in place of rebirth's soundtrack?

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Thank god somebody clarified that you can use mods (after a specific point) and still unlock achievements because this mod that tells me what items actually do is so handy. God bless you, whoever you were. Also, god bless the person who made this mod, because I don't play BoI steady enough to remember what everything does, and the alternative of having the wiki opened is kind of tedious.

Got a link or name of the mod? That sounds handy.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Sorry if this doesn't really belong here but the release date trailer for Legend of Bum-bo just got released!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sNhPqfJmDs

It's a prequel to BoI and will come out on November 12th.

https://twitter.com/edmundmcmillen/status/1169276590183706624?s=20

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1148650/The_Legend_of_BumBo/

I tried out Slay the Spire and found it really dull but maybe this will be fun.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
I've always found the Re-roll enemies ending die to be mostly useless in Binding Of Isaac, but it's a huge lifesaver in Bumb-Bo, especially since it recharges in one room. It can turn a whole room of annoying high HP late floor enemies into flies or regular poops which is the wonderful cannon fodder Bumbo the Weird wants.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

Those tears stayed on screen for a good 5-10 seconds.

I'm sure Isaac is somewhere in there.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
That's why the Silver Dollar and Rib of Greed trinkets are so invaluable. Too bad finding the specific trinket(s) you need for a particular run is usually so difficult.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
I was hoping they would've changed up Mama Gurdy's spike attack a bit to make it easier to see where the spikes would pop up but I'm probably just bad at avoiding that attack.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Even with a 100% clear save file, it feels like there's so much to do and learn. Glad to be playing this again. I killed a new final boss just as they killed me, so that was a waste but was fun to get that close after only a second encounter.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Wow, they buffed Scissors to actually be really good.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Hot Potato is a doozy of a challenge and I'm glad to never have to do it again.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
The Bible almost feels essential for the Seeing Double challenge.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Birthright is an awesome item, especially on Eve.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Star of Bethlehem is so stupid good in greed mode. Combine that with scissors and that carried my J&E run on Greedier mode no problem.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
I think J&E can be kind of fun but I have no idea how one is supposed to make to boss rush or hush in time since it feels like you have to play really carefully.

New Keeper can be fun and pretty easy to abuse sacrifice rooms assuming you get lucky with money/wooden nickel and are good at dodging hits.

J&E left a really sour first impression since my first time playing them was in that Seeing Doubles challenge and, thanks to the nerf to 20/20 and increased enemy count, they were just miserable to play.

Ryuga Death fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Apr 15, 2021

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Tainted Samson is a lot of fun. I don't get Tainted Judas at all. His ability seems kind of weak.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

Psychedelicatessen posted:

If you only hit a single target, it takes damage based on your damage modifier, the damage boost is gone after 0.5 seconds and the shadow explosion does normal tear damage.
Every enemy you hit past the first one takes increased damage and gives you increased damage for both the shadow explosion and the duration of the damage boost when exiting shadow form. A single enemy tear is counted as a full enemy, so if you Dark Arts something like monstros puke attack, you can hit dozens of tears before you get to monstro itself and do crazy amounts of damage.
The mom transformation knife does not turn in to shadow, so you can drag that through large enemies in shadow form.

You're also completely invincible in shadow form, so you can walk on spikes, enter curse room doors, pass traps without taking any damage.

Maybe I'm just playing it wrong, then. It just felt very weaksauce even after I'd dark arts multiple enemies/projectiles and the damage boost was nice but drained too quickly. Probably didn't help that my single tainted judas run didn't give any good stats up items.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Wow, didn't realize Incubus also got a similar nerf like the 20/20 did.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Wow, the conjoined transformation makes the spirit sword charge attack spin three times in a row. Talk about melting enemy health.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
It feels like every non-Lost character rarely gets HP upgrades from boss drops but bosses will happily give just HP upgrades for the Lost several times in a row.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Birthright has to be one of the best shop items you can buy, regardless of whatever character you play as.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pixeltendo posted:

Well actually some characters don't even have effects added for them with the item, they haven't been implemented yet.

Oh, I didn't realize. Sorry.

Birthright is definitely a top tier item for Tainted Keeper, especially on Greedier mode.

I don't think I've ever seen him die this quickly before.

Tainted Keeper breaks Greed mode and then some. With 4.5 volt and the Sprinkler, it kept recharging itself quicker than I could put another one down.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
So I just finished the Beast with a really broken Lost run. The Lost with the perfection trinket, Apple!, Tough Love, Bird's Eye, and Soy Milk along with various tears up and damage up items meant I was firing at a rate of 35 with "only" a damage of 1.50. I was firing nothing but flames that, on top of dealing damage, also blocked any and all enemy shots. Nothing could touch the Lost.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
I wasn't convinced about tainted eve but after a few items, she's completely hilarious. Still, she has a really really bad start.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Thought tainted lilith was going to be a pain to play as but then learned that she pretty much has a long range punch that goes through enemies.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm so close to Mega Mush, I just need to do Delirium and Hush with J&E. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Finally unlocked Mega Mush. Psy Fly is a such a huge help on Delirium.