Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Would be dope if it were the 7 virtues...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Holy poo poo you can jump

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

I was guppy with monstro's lung and something that gave me splash damage and a couple damage ups and I was a goddamn destroyer of worlds.

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

IUG posted:

Looks like My Reflection as well, the way it follows Isaac.

Anti-grav too maybe, with the way the teeth just sort of float there for a bit.

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Opposite corner can still get you hit, hide in an adjacent corner instead!

Example: If it starts upper-left, hide lower-left or upper-right.

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

EorayMel posted:

I unlocked the keeper via cheat engine just to see how bad he was.

The answer:Very

Counterpoint: the Keeper makes every run tense, and although it is frustrating at times, i am having a blast trying to get all his unlocks (only missing boss rush now... Stupid cursed eye on curse of the blind)

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Counter-counterpoint: the lost does that without being incredibly awful to actually play

Y'all just sissies

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

I don't know if I've ever had a more heart racing video game experience than Keeper vs hush and mega Satan! Now that I've done it and there are no longer any stakes, I probably won't try to fight them again though!

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Darkoni posted:

411 hours later I finally beat MegaSatan with The Lost. Any tips with The Keeper?

Don't take pills (without phd). One accidental health down and you're screwed.

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

RatHat posted:

Today's daily is a Lost Mega-Satan run. Yeah....

EDIT: Caves 2 treasure room is Epic Fetus.
EDIT2: Died on Mom's Heart :(

I took the six room, forgetting it would take the holy mantle...

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Finally got 1000000% just because of the new angel room changes. Seems like I've been after that delirium item forever... :agesilaus:

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

If you don’t blindly take every deal with the devil in the ultra-hard challenge, you’re a big weenie

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

I am old and won’t have time to play, but I pre-ordered it

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Years ago, I thought I’d escaped this game’s hold on me... but goddammit I’m pretty hype

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

I found a library-like room with in outer space that had an item in it called Jupiter and poison farted my way to victory. My favorite new thing so far, hahaha

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Tear detonator with Bethany is pretty good.

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Sharkitten posted:

because ed loving loves it and probably thinks its perfect

TBOI succeeds despite Edmund’s best efforts

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

I'm ignoring all the rune challenges except for jera, because none of the other runes are that great. Otherwise just check the rewards on the wiki and do the ones that look the best.

You’ll want Algiz for the Lost vs. Delirium/Hush/Greedier fights too

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Just did the final bawss with Keeper on my second try... Keeper is good now!

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Mega Satan really needed the armor. I got all the completion marks on AB+ and there was only one (exceptionally bad) run where I didn't just evaporate each of his phases instantly.

Counterpoint: let us evaporate him

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

watho posted:

as we all know almond milk is despised by vegans

Big Milk made a stink about the name of Almond/Soy/Oat Milk in Germany and they made a law about it even though everyone said... "nobody's ever going to make that mistake" but welp, here we are, laughing at that other dude

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

watho posted:

that would screw up the balance of dailies that take you to mega satan tho

Would it? Because everyone gets the same pts for it...

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Didn’t get a single goddamn bomb for like 6 floors and couldn’t do mega satan, what are the odds

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

No Wave posted:

I've been splitting items more recently. Esau is better to stack in general because he has a higher damage multiplier but there are enough diminishing returns for tears and flat damage eventually that it's not bad putting some damage on Jacob, plus I find having damage on both protects them a little better. Obviously if you find a mushroom/cricket's head/sacred heart/anything else explicitly multiplicative it's better to stack one harder.

I find when I play jacob takes a lot more damage for whatever reason.

I got guppy’s collar with Esau on a Beast run and i died about fifteen times before killing the beast. Is it broken or should I start buying lottery tickets?

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Beat mother with the lost after turning down gnawed leaf because I hate that item. Feels good man

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Lets Pickle posted:

Yeah Censor is a run-ruining item if you are trying to beat Mother, Mega Satan, Hush, or The Beast. It's good against Ultra Greedier though!

I have most of my unlocks done, except for Tainted Lazarus and Jacob. I'm hoping for some kind of patch that makes them less miserable first. However: how the gently caress do you beat the Lamb in under 20 minutes?

sacrifice room is your friend. Otherwise grab a shovel and go!

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

How do you beat Greedier mode with Jacob and Esau? i always get caught on rocks i can’t see because there’s a million enemies on the screen

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

GrandmaParty posted:

I just did it by getting slice and dice, slicing the two Esaus in half, and killing them. Doing it that way doesn't make you a ghost.

I‘m not playing the tainted one, so unfortunately i can’t murder the albatross

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

scourgeofthe7bees posted:

How do you beat Greedier mode with Jacob and Esau? i always get caught on rocks i can’t see because there’s a million enemies on the screen

Complaining here did it, so now i just gotta get hush and delirium with these tools... shouldn’t be too bad, right? Right?!?

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Psychedelicatessen posted:

Hush isn't too bad with J&E, as long as you have an item to counter the bullets, like the Soul, Shielded Tears, Psy/Bot Fly, Jelly Belly/Metal Plate/The Mask, Dry Baby, Algiz, reverse Magician, several black orbital flies, etc. Just line J&E up behind each other, so only one character is facing Hush at any time, this should make most of the really bad attacks dodgable.

Good luck with delirium lol, go for a gamebreak or something

oh man, i was rolling with a sacred heart triple shot, delirium, tons of hp, etc. But then i found genesis for the first time ever and curiosity got the better of me (i like to try to figure out what items do before reading the wiki), and now i know it is a garbage tier item if you are Jacob and Esau... RIP, chosen run

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Evil Kit posted:

External Item IDs is your friend.

No i like to get screwed by the game, it’s part of the appeal to me

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Mega Mush is finally mine! bwahaha

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Tips for beating Delirium with Tainted Lost? Apart from “reset until you get X”

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Edmund Sparkler posted:

I've been chasing the T. Lost Delirium check so long, that I think it will break my brain when I play a "regular" character again.

This is the biggest roadblock I've hit since the Greedier check for the Lost.

Honestly, I'll be shocked if the build I finally win with isn't Book of Shadows w/ several battery items.

For me it’s the Beast… i keep being stupid on the ascent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

scourgeofthe7bees posted:

For me it’s the Beast… i keep being stupid on the ascent

Finally got em, that sucked