Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

That was a bit rough!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Manatee Cannon posted:

Not really, this still isn't even in the same ballpark as Brimstone/Tammy's Head.

Though making more cool and powerful synergies is a-ok in my book.

What if you combine this new Rubber Cement mechanic with Brimstone/Tammy's Head?

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

death .cab for qt posted:

So I tried out god mode a wee bit and made it to The Furnace (the Dark Room) on my second run. That new final boss is hard. Anybody who has played this mod know how to approach it? I had Mom's Knife, Brimstone, 12 hearts and several damage ups, but even outright meleeing them wasn't enough to win that damage race.

God Mode is definitely different - I don't think it's possible for somebody to get to the point where they're one shotting minor bosses. It's far more about attrition and lengthy boss battles than base Isaac is.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

PantsBandit posted:

Except for your basic black spiders who will head towards you but you should be able to outrun.

Are you talking about the large spindly ones? Because they can definitely move faster than Isaac can potentially move, save using How to Jump or one of the ponies.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

PantsBandit posted:

I'm talking about the standard small/large black ones. Meaning the big one that breaks into two little ones when you shoot it.

Ah, all right! Those are still terrible, though. I feel like they take more damage than they should be capable of taking before splitting.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

I do have to say, Ultra Greed wasn't as hard as I was expecting.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Disclaimer: I literally had not started to fight a single wave before I had this fully set up. Greed mode is ridiculous!

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

dude789 posted:

That definitely confirms that it's based on hits. Epic Fetus/Ipecac shots do 800 damage before adding all the other damage stuff you got.

I have to second this, to an extent. The build that I got had just about every fire rate improving item you could have (except for cancer), and it still took three minutes for me to kill Ultra Greed. I was honestly surprised!

Your Computer posted:

While Edmund says that he dislikes RNG, everything points to the opposite.

And I agree with this as well. Challenges like Speed! and The Guardian can easily become unwinnable without the right items, or with some strangely balanced (or rather, unbalanced) rooms.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Fuego Fish posted:

My first Greed run, I go as Azazel to unlock Lilith, and I'm careful to go into the final fight with around fifty coins or so. Beat Ultra Greed, start pushing on the donation machine, it takes about five coins before breaking. What the Hell :(

It happens, and don't worry too much about it - it looks like it's capped, in general, at 109 for whatever reason.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

So I'm not entirely sure why, but Afterbirth seems to have conked out entirely. I tried redownloading it and all, but it just hangs at the "preparing to launch" window and doesn't actually do anything from there. I guess it was a fun few days!

The good news is that I got it working again. The bad news is that my pretty awesome Cain run was gone. Life is hard sometimes.

Dammerung fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Nov 8, 2015

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

AnonSpore posted:

So if you have a black candle then ??? does nothing, I'm guessing?

Also Incubus is a really fukken rad item, 10/10 would unlock again.

The Black Candle doesn't cancel out Amnesia, so I think you'd still get a Curse of the Maze effect.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Jusupov posted:

There should be an achievement for getting 3 steam sales in one game.

It'd be pretty cool, but what would you call it? Half Price 3?

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Every time I see a sacrifice room in a daily run, I use it. And no, it has never worked out for me. Maybe next time will be worth it!

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Is anybody getting the discount? It's $9.99 for me.

Edit: There we go, it's fixed for me now!

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Mons Hubris posted:

When I try to start Rebirth it just crashes...

Yep. I restarted Steam twice, still nothing. Definitely a bit of a shame.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Wild T posted:

Enemies that drain charge from your active item instead of damaging you is delightfully dickish.

Yeah, I'm honestly excited about that. Imagine enemies that can steal money/bombs/keys - of course, now that I've said it, I'm sure they're going to be in there. Edmund help us all!

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

ArfJason posted:

Remember before they patched it where it didnt speed up isaac along the rest of the game lol

I remember that I somehow still beat it, but I don't remember how.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

So I set out to unlock the Tainted Keeper. First run, goes well, I go to fight Mom, and I realize I don't have a Fool card or way of getting back. Second run, goes well, heading up, and I forgot to leave a trinket to get a cracked key piece. I feel like a goober.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

I just lost a multiple character win streak (all against Mother on Hard) because I went with a mystery item in the Ashpit and got Almond Milk.

This game, I swear!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

I think Trisagion is great, but I'm also rocking a Ryzen AMD 7 4700U with 24 gigs of RAM, so I haven't noticed any performance issues.