Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I just had a surprisingly awesome synergy I'd never have expected. I had E.Coli, so bumping into things turned them to turds, and I got Taurus, which does that whole gradual speed boost until you turn invulnerable thing... but I had high enough base speed that it triggered immediately upon entering a room, so I just rubbed my face against everything and cleared the room before the invulnerability ran out.

It meant it was pretty easy to get that "It's the key" achievement, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

At least you can drop trinkets, your only hope with Cursed Eye is either Black Candle or a D4/D100 effect to get rid of it.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

One of the many co-op babies, i.e. meaningless.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

If nothing else, by the time you care enough about 100%ing the game to want to play hard mode, you'll be good enough that hard mode is no longer all that hard in comparison. All it really means (once you've aware of and able to deal with most enemy types) is that you need to be more careful with resource management.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Just make sure to play with a keyboard, or at least a controller with an adequate dead zone, or else you do what lost me a run and try to stop moving only to slowly creep forward just enough to not trigger the leaf before getting hit.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Anecdotally, the modem shows up in the shop fairly frequently, so that shouldn't be difficult to find.

Personally, I just managed my Forgotten Delirium run. Tech X on the first floor pretty much rolled most of the game, found the D6 to get a few more damage items, got Epic Fetus right before hush and it was a bad idea to pick it up, but I couldn't NOT pick it up because I wanted to see what it did for skeleboy. Still came pretty close to losing, was only saved by the interaction between Epic Fetus and Glitter Bombs spewing out enough random hearts to stick it.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

All this talk about BoI has hyped me up to play the last expac but I'm also tempted to install as many mods as I can and see what horrid chaos I can unleash. Anyone know how well the game handles having 100+ steam workshop mods thrown at it simultaneously?

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

-Edmund doesn't like seeing streamers breaking the game over and over, he knows it feels fun but it's not what he had envisioned for the game

Lol further proving that Ed doesn't know why people like his game.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Learned today that Bumbino picks up coins the same way bumbo does, and if he picks up enough he leaves and gives you an item. Unfortunately, the item he gave me wasn't as good as the one I wanted to buy in the greed mode shop, so that was annoying.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I've thrown two runs down the tubes by picking up varicose veins when I had dr fetus. Pro-tip: don't do that unless you have bomb immunity, because once you get hit you'll just fill the room around you with bombs, likely hitting you again and triggering it again.

Also, ipecac + tech X + continuum makes rings that explode constantly as they pass through things, including walls. That was good fun, except for the part where I was The Lost on Greedier and couldn't pull off the boss clear before I blew myself up.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Having now lost several Lost runs due to brim double-taps, is there a fix for that yet?

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Tainted Cain crafting. You can go the divorce papers route or craft mom's box and various battery items until you get the trinket. It's extremely tedious.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I found the trinket three times before I could use it to unlock the lost: once in greed and twice in challenges. It was pretty frustrating!

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I feel like sometimes you can shoot them enough that they're "out of position" and have to reset before they charge at you, but that may also be confirmation bias, I don't know.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

When you install like 15 mods at once and then the game crashes loading a run, is there a log or anything to tell which one or do I have to do the good old sequential disable and test process?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Tainted ??? Greedier was probably about the only almost fun greed run I've done. Felt almost like a tower defense mode, stashing fly poops around, spreading damage floors, at least for the first few floors before all that drops off.