Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Doctor Goat posted:

Oh god Tammy's Head and Dr. Fetus should never be combined.

I killed ??? for the first time with this and it was extremely powerful.

Also, I beat Mega Satan for the first time with Cursed Eye. Guess it's not a run ender after all. Of course I did have proptosis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lilith in greed mode owns.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Quad shot might be Lilith's best item other than the double battery thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxQw55KD40c

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

IronicDongz posted:

lmao forget what I said I'll just do all the challenges I hate in one night

except I don't have 24. how do you get 24? I'm playing on a fresh save to get everything again if it matters.
the guardian is loving horrible btw

got it just now beating the Cathedral as Cain on hard mode.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Edit: nvm

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Jusupov posted:

Started a run with just a goat head from the curse room. Somehow managed to kill hush with barely and damage and ended up in this situation

Half a heart left and the door closed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjCR3vHgTgc

Quite satisfied with the end result even though I forgot to use the tower card :(

Hah, and I thought I was clever for bringing a rune bag and jera runes in and doing this:

Still ended up beating Mega Satan extremely fast.

Also I've been playing the hell out of this game. When Afterbirth came out I had one random hard mode marker and very few normal mode markers, and well...

http://imgur.com/a/ACFra

Now to unlock the mantle for the lost and also unlock the keeper, then get their marks as well.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I liked getting marked on the last floor, it makes the final bosses and mega satan a breeze.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Edmund please stop trolling me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MacNzbqkfL4

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Dr. Fetus posted:

Man, I really wish I got Lilith's completion marks done before her nerf. She feels so bleh now. Trying to work with off center tears isn't that fun.

Honestly...get hit more. Her other familiars that can spawn are really good, especially succubus. I still like her.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

greed mode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeWw83vZcac

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm doing it legit, up to 400 after 20 or so runs. This is the only game I've been playing lately anyway.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Nevvy Z posted:

I hope it's at least affected a LITTLE by luck ups.

It's not affected by luck at all. A lot of other stuff is though, most importantly the chance to have status effect tears when you have items like mom's contact.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I wasn't able to find it in this run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AEoo0Y4Goc

please tell me exactly where you found it because I was looking in the shop

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Power of Pecota posted:

You can also start with it as Eden, I'm gonna try that for a while.

I just got it as her starting item along with 1hp and 1 damage.

I died

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Wow I got the hourglass as eden again with 4 damage this time. Let's do this.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It doesn't reset the greed machine for some reason, so if you have the right battery items you can fight greed over and over and keep putting coins in.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

BillmasterCozb posted:

I actually encountered brimstone ONE time yesterday!

and then i immediately died because azazel only has three black hearts :shrek:

thanks edmund and nicalis for making me pay three soul hearts instead of one because you don't know seldom you even find them in the first place, especially when they're essentially armor. real good programming there guys

Soul and sin hearts are everywhere even in hard mode to the point that I rarely have any red health at the game and still have enough to survive. You are bombing tinted rocks, right?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

They should keep it weak until I do the 8 more lost clears required to unlock it imo

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Stelas posted:

lmao if you go into the Mines back area with flying it just gets arbitrarily stripped from you for the duration, nice

if Isaac wants to force the player into so many shmup style dodging sections, either by scaling or just by removing your build entirely, they really need to make hitboxes more obvious and remove tear height

I mean it takes all your items except the knife piece lol, so unless you have intrinsic flight yeah it's gone

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I did april's fool my first try the other day because I got an infinite use active item from a shop (the converter). Pretty fun lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I had permanent giant isaac for several floors on challenge 45, but the game softlocked on the portal to womb. RIP. This run also randomly activated the death certificate too

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

I got softlocked with giant Isaac in that challenge too. Fell into a hole in the floor but it never went through just got stuck on top.

next run I was permanently invincible after shooting tears for 10 seconds and summoned delirium every time I picked up anything so its all good

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ArfJason posted:

tried t go for lilith new routes and immediately stopped having fun with the game as soon as i met one of those guys that walk faster when they get damaged in burning basement, cause at top speed he was between me and the incubus

than enemy sucks but at least they kill themselves after a bit...I've noticed that a lot of the enemies I hate are from the afterbirth+ "booster packs"

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I unlocked planetariums on greed mode with tainted cain, he makes it kinda ridiculous after a couple steam sales

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

flatluigi posted:

have people figured out a simple way to break greed mode to get as many items as possible with tainted cain yet? i have a few achievements to get still that want a busted break-the-shops run and i figure there must be a way to do it with alt cain, but i just glaze over at the list of craftables

Steam sale like 3 or 4 times (4 coins 2 keys 1 bomb 1 heart) and items will be like 4 cents which leads into basically infinite items

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Fortis posted:

Jacob and Esau are proof that God has forsaken us and we cannot have nice things. The real Rock Bottom is how I feel every time I lose yet another boss rush.

I just lost one to a loving champion headless horseman flying across the screen into esau when I had a nearly charged alabaster box

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

god I'm pissed lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The locusts are pretty strong, especially with hive mind and bffs

I can say for sure that I don't think any of the "special" locusts are worth it, the items paired with them are just too good

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Finally...thanks to the sickest Library of all time containing

Book of Virtues
Book of Revelations
Book of Sin
The Bible
and The Necronomicon

Virtues + Revelations is so good for the boss rush, there were probably 6 little harbingers killing everything for me.

I kinda feel like trying for delirium with this combo because I really want that Suplex as well but I still have like no experience with him and who knows if the void portal will even spawn... Maybe I should just kill the beast

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

drat...no void portal. Really should have spammed a sacrifice room in the womb to try Mega Satan too but I didn't think about the angels spawning there until I got to the end.

feels good to finally get a good run with these 2, I think I can wait on suplex though. taking a long rear end break from them lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

wow censer really sucks for the beast fight

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Just drop em in boss rooms instead of treasure rooms. Then you can't miss the cracked key :eng101:

actually I missed unlocking tainted keeper once because I was so strong that I didn't realize that I dashed over a pill until I swapped floors even though I put trinkets in 3 different boss rooms

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

might stop picking up fruit cake because when you have screen filling madness from parasite and trisagion a good portion of those tears are going to be ipecac lol. played the hell out of myself

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I can't imagine playing this with a controller, especially using the sticks...now that sounds cumbersome.

Only 237 hours to go for me at this rate. Hate to see it end

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The Cantripped and Pica Run challenges are crazy, I'd definitely play characters that use these ideas in probably a little less broken of a way

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I wouldn't call it worthless, there are more than enough easy ways to boost your angel chance that are only compounded when it's the only option. I've been doing it pretty consistently and have only had a couple times when I didn't get the angel room by caves 2 if I didn't get hit

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I wouldn't do it so much but there are so many times where I enter a devil room and it's 3 red chests full of troll bombs which blows or 2 sin hearts and a red chest which is ok

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Mother keeps crashing my game :/

Is this a known thing or a me thing?

I haven't seen anything about it, but it's happening to me sometimes too...most recently on a sure win run of challenge 44, it crashed twice on mother then on round 3 I accidentally opened 1 extra room and spawned tainted esau who killed me

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ArfJason posted:

one of my fastest and easiest delirium kills

playing tainted bethany, my early items were the good poo poo; capricorn, sinus infection, lost contact, mitre, etc. Kicked Mega satan's rear end. Had maxed out red heart charges and found both red key and spindown dice in the void. Found red devil room, red room planetarium, red room shop, top secret room, and spundown into tech zero, succubus, deaths touch, purity, lusty blood. one of the items was blood puppy, which after three spindowns turned into rock bottom, so i cleared the floor, and gunned for delirium. Spammed the lemegeton and all of them insanely good stat ups, and no matter how many of them i lost, rock bottom kept their stats intact.

badass, I can't wait to finally land a rock bottom at some point. seems so drat good

in shittier item news libra fuckin sucks. here's stats after getting a sacred heart then stats after picking up a curse of the blind libra in the chest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

No Wave posted:

Were you too weak to beat the run? Libra can ruin a fun time but I find it's competent at getting me strong enough to win.

No of course not, the chest really isn't that hard. Though if I didn't have the mark for delirium on this char (the void portal spawned) it probably would have been a bad time against him