Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
I have off on the 4th for Election Day in the US. Looking forward to getting to finally play any BoI game (my netbook hates Flash) when it hits the PSN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Took me seven runs to unlock The Womb.

The Twitch streamers make this look easier than it is. Guess it's time to really git gud at gaming, I think.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Apologies if this was asked in the 45 unread (for me) pages before this one.

Has anyone else's PS4 copy of Rebirth been broken by the 1.01 update? It sits on the first loading screen and nothing I do will take it off of there. I've tried all the common fixes (redownload, redo the PS4 library, etc.). Vita version works fine on 1.01, though.

Edit to add: I am NOT using the save sync feature as I am aware it's busted.

ShadowedFlames fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Nov 11, 2014

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
For some odd reason I seem to be better at the Vita version than the PS4 one. On the PS4 I struggle to even get to Mom's heart (so far, just one win and that's with Lazarus). On Vita, I just unlocked Everything is Terrible.

Maybe I'm not supposed to understand.

Also, count me in the "gently caress Tiny Planet" crowd.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Was doing The Tank, got to Mom, killed her with a half heart.

Then during the death animation a Greed head that had spawned a split second before the killing blow landed ran into me before I could touch the trophy.

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUU....

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Well...I'm still not sure how I managed it but I got through Purist on the first try, then Pitch Black as well.

Then I died two rooms before Mom on Cat Got Your Tongue.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Cicadalek posted:

I used COCKFGHT to cheese the Beans challenge and I have no regrets. That challenge was Not Fun.

This, but Cat Got Your Tongue.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Not sure it was posted, but attention Vita users!

The challenge seed exploit still works in Vita version 1.03. Likely works on PS4 as well, but have not tested it.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Re: Bethany--

Unless something changed from demo to release, when Cobalt was playing Bethany he got the eternal hearts during the game and extended his meter to like 5 red hearts by the end of the run. Unless I'm misunderstanding something, anyway.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

BJPaskoff posted:

That's my bad, I thought I picked up an eternal heart because I thought I heard the sound, but it's just some new kind of heart that she can't get.

The secret floors are amazing, very difficult but very fair. I just died to a boss that was basically a mob trap room with some extra effects. I died because I was good on health, but then the game crashed and I had to redo a floor but took a lot of stupid full heart damage.

You're thinking of the new white hearts. I'm not sure their name, maybe spirit hearts, but those take two hits to go away in the Womb and beyond. Otherwise they're like your soul hearts that she can't get because they're fuel for her starting item.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

AbstractNapper posted:

Today's daily is Cain to Mega Satan. It seems to be a special one, because he starts with insane luck stat. (I think 12 or something).
I skipped the first deal with the devil, and by Caves 2 I got Mega Blast in the deal with the devil. There is also a five room on the floor.

I don't have to do the dailies anymore, so I died soon after, but this looks like it could be a fun one.

High luck... luck of the Irish for St Patrick's Day?