Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Tollymain posted:

that sounds like a profoundly terrible idea that would suck all joy out of playing it if not life itself

It will take most of us weeks or months I suppose, and that's perfectly fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
loving Marowaks! :argh:

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

Zeratanis posted:

Bob's Rotten Brain is the stupidest god drat thing ever. Oh yes, I'd love something that pops up and instantly blows me up when I'm near something. :tizzy:

Explosive Thoughts is pretty lovely, too. You can bomb yourself to hell really fast when there's a lot of enemies in a small room.

Still not sure if Antigravity Tears are good or bad.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

drunken officeparty posted:

Azazel is terrible, charged shots are terrible, brimstone is terrible.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
I never got to the end of Sheol and finally managed to reach it with the completely overpowered Azazel + Dark Bum combo. I never fought Satan before. I didn't make it even with 12 lives :suicide:

e: some really nasty stuff in Sheol for a newbie like me :ohdear:

death screen:

lordfrikk fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Nov 7, 2014

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

Ghost Head posted:

Whoever made the challenges forgot the crucial ingredient: fun. I don't mind hard, hard is good, but there is nothing fun whatsoever spending minutes whittling tiny enemies down with farts or orbiting flies. I've only tried a handful of challenges so maybe I just picked the wrong ones, but they've all involved some lovely low damage gimmick. It's dumb.

The Purist is the worst because you don't even start with any items are there no treasure rooms.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
How does the challenge #17 work, the items seem to cause every enemy act in a really erratic way as if the tears created some kind of gravity well. It was pretty fun but really, really unpredictable.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
Anyone know which item creates a wormhole which then discharges the attack? I got it with Brimstone and the bosses just melted because you can keep moving and create several of them and it will always attack for the full duration.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
Picking up Fire Mind as the very first thing during the Pitch Black challenge sure made my day (and the run, too). Free light? Yes, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

Diabetes By Sundown posted:

Not that it will affect my decision, but is it not possible to claim the discount for owning the original BoI anymore? I bought it + WoL a long time ago but neglected to pre-order Rebirth.

It's not, it was for pre-orders only.