Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Guppy's head + brimstone is amazingly unfair to use. Go into a room, hit space, everything dies.

Everything did not die here right away because of the enemy type, but still. One shot every boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Yum Heart + Shard of Glass + any battery item kicks so much rear end

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Oh god made it the way through 3 victory laps and had no health icons at all but could pick more soul hearts up (???) and died in one hit

Spraying teeth everywhere due to soy milk and some other stuff. If I entered a room firing everything died. Including me when explosive enemies were nearby

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

I think I'm gonna shelve this until mod support gets added again, I'm just not good enough at this game. I really enjoy runs where you get super powerful but have too many that end up scraping by and getting pasted too early.

Yeah I spend far too much time reading what items do on the wiki. Even then it can be kinda hard to figure out what the names are to locate stuff to figure out items.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

END CHEMTRAILS NOW posted:

This is why I usually check https://platinumgod.co.uk/ instead, since you can just look for the icon if you don't know the item name. You can also use the search filter if you know the name or just part of the name for the item. You can search for words in the item description too, so you could search for "flies" if the item generates attack flies, for example.

Oh that's really helpful, thanks!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

I got psy fly for the first time...

on a run where I got zero damage pickups just familiars :negative:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

How in the world to do you all get so many broken builds

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Bethany + glass cannon + tech zero whips rear end

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Kickstarter board game bloat is BACK baby!!! It's 2014 again!!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Book of Virtues + Urn of Souls is stupid as hell and I love it

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

e: maybe not

Greed mode suuuucks gonna take forever unlocking the keeper

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 11, 2021

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

My usual advice:

This is not as bad as it first looks. You need experience under your belt doing greed mode first. After 5 or so wins, you should get a feel for how powerful you need to be to get through Sheol/The Shop and beat Greed. Once you know that level, and you've learned Greed's patterns, you can get to a point where you can stop buying items at about The Womb and start banking money to donate. Once you start going into the Greed fight with 60-99 coins, unlocking the Keeper becomes pretty simple.

Always do the Devil Deal/Angel Room fight.

Try to step up to Greedier too. The second phase leaves coins all over the floor, you can donate more than 99 in a run that way.

Oh yeah I've been playing this on and off since the flash version so I've got a good grasp on the game. Have nearly 200 hours in it. Mostly it's because the donation machine always seems to jam whenever I actually have a good run where I can amass coins, such a stupid mechanic. I get trying to have people play different characters but man my luck is garbage and I just want to get this over with.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Gotta say I respect going straight to the "Kickstarter bloat" stage of the card game

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Man what the gently caress

https://twitter.com/edmundmcmillen/status/1410145333040992266

Embarrassing

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

In this blue baby run I've gotten Technology, Technology 2, and Technology X all within my first five items

E: add Tech .5 within 8

E2: turns out you need damage items to help you

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jul 9, 2021

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Goddamn I wish there was a way to unlock the Forgotten via mod

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Oh man I finally decided to do a home run and got my first win on that route

But I forgot to use the red key to get a tainted character :negative:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

What are the good items to craft because good lord that's really annoying to try to figure out

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Tainted Isaac is super fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Mr Phillby posted:

I've not played around with the tainted characters too much but even T. Isaac's gimmick feels incredibly unfun to me. The fun of the game is piling on a billion different items and seeing where you end up. Having like 8 slots for passive items just doesn't feel like a terribly fun trade off to me, even with the extra options.

Maybe I'll take to it more now that I caved and installed the item descriptions mod. Its nice to finally know what the hell all these trinkets do at least. I hope if there ever is something like an Issac 2 they put decent item descriptions in the actual game, theres way too much content for anyone to learn and memorize this crap anymore.

You don't quite have 8, for what it's worth. If you grab an item that gives you hearts you keep them even after getting rid of it. The character is a really good way to find synergies, imo.